07-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
civilojk
Rep
Drives: 07' E92 328i & 14' F15 X5 x35i

Need help on deciding interior!

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
All,

I have placed an order (x35i M Sports package) but I am running into dilemma.. I still have time to modify my order until it goes into production so I am asking you all to vote if it is possible!

I have ordered Dakota Leather Mocha, Fineline pure wood trim (number 1) but it seems too dark.. but I really do like the pure wood trim. Which one look the best? My paint is alpine white.

1. Dakota Leather Mocha, Fineline pure wood trim
2. Dakota Leather Terra, Fineline pure wood trim
3. Dakota Leather Canberra Beige,Fineline pure wood trim
4. Dakota Leather Canberra Beige, Fineline Oak Wood trim
5. Dakota Leather Terra, Fineline Oak Wood trim
6. Dakota Leather Mocha, Fineline Oak Wood trim
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Are you going with the pano roof? Might be best sticking with the lighter options if not? Just my 2p worth but I've always loved the silver and aluminium look for MSport interiors. All fine choices you've laid out though, great interior on this beast!
      07-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
PandaX
Rep
Drives: 2012 Black X5 35i

Actually I need help on this one too I really like Ivory white or any light leather but r they easy to b cleaned??? I dont wanna spend an hour every week to clean my car lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
mudface247
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i, 2013 X5 35i sport

Mocha w/ oak is classy that would be my pic. But if i wanted it to be super sporty definitely go with the aluminum w/ black or mocha leather.

Can you order the mocha package w/ ventilated seats on the 5.0 zmm (m sport package)? I love the mocha stitching but I think it would be pointless unless you can get it with the ventilated seat option.

I just noticed that the shifter seems wider and more contoured? Is that new for the F15s?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
mudface247
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaX
Actually I need help on this one too I really like Ivory white or any light leather but r they easy to b cleaned??? I dont wanna spend an hour every week to clean my car lol
My gf has ivory seats in her 3 series its a beautiful interior but you will clean the blue ink from your jeans biweekly if not weekly.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #6
PandaX
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudface247 View Post
My gf has ivory seats in her 4 series its a beautiful interior but you will clean the blue ink from your jeans biweekly if not weekly.
seriously? but I really dont like the mocha interior...especially when I choose white exterior
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
mudface247
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaX
Quote:
My gf has ivory seats in her 4 series its a beautiful interior but you will clean the blue ink from your jeans biweekly if not weekly.
seriously? but I really dont like the mocha interior...especially when I choose white exterior
Hm it is a little dark another option is the cinnamon looking terra. My friend just picked up a 550i x drive white w/ cinnamon and it looks great. I guess for new models they changed the name to terra but it looks like ex cinnamon.

I plan on getting either white or glacier silver w/ mocha or black interior but I'm leaning more towards mocha since i already had black on my e70.

If you like the ivory just go for it but just know you'll need to get it detailed once a month.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
PandaX
Rep

Quote:
Hm it is a little dark another option is the cinnamon looking terra. My friend just picked up a 550i x drive white w/ cinnamon and it looks great. I guess for new models they changed the name to terra but it looks like ex cinnamon.

I plan on getting either white or glacier silver w/ mocha or black interior but I'm leaning more towards mocha since i already had black on my e70.

If you like the ivory just go for it but just know you'll need to get it detailed once a month.
so you can actually get them cleaned if let's say the leather got a little paint from jeans etc.??
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
mudface247
Rep

If you like the ivory just go for it but just know you'll need to get it detailed once a month.[/QUOTE]

so you can actually get them cleaned if let's say the leather got a little paint from jeans etc.??[/QUOTE]
They can be cleaned but lets put it this way my gf sits on an old tshirt because her jeans bleed onto the seat so fast. She even mentioned that her color is coming off her seat from excessive cleaning and the car is just over a year old. Her words "the color is beautiful but not worth the hassle". So it all comes down to if you want to put in the work or not. If you are leasing then go for it and if you end up hating it you know its eventually going back anyway... Lol
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
PandaX
Rep

Quote:

so you can actually get them cleaned if let's say the leather got a little paint from jeans etc.??[/QUOTE]
They can be cleaned but lets put it this way my gf sits on an old tshirt because her jeans bleed onto the seat so fast. She even mentioned that her color is coming off her seat from excessive cleaning and the car is just over a year old. Her words "the color is beautiful but not worth the hassle". So it all comes down to if you want to put in the work or not. If you are leasing then go for it and if you end up hating it you know its eventually going back anyway... Lol[/QUOTE]

wow..scary..i just asked my friend who owns a 328 with white interior, she said a customized red interior is kinda cool?? what u ppl think??
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
mudface247
Rep

I have red in my 335 and it held up really well. In 3 years ive cleaned it twice.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

I like either the 1st or 2nd one.
Are those the sport seats they are showing?
Im still trying to decide on the muti-contour vs sport, thanks
      07-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #13
SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
I'd suggest the Terra and Fineline Pure combo. I have Cinnamon and Dark Bamboo in my '11 35d, which looks less "pedestrian" than beige, grey, or black, without the upkeep issues of Ivory. I have a 4 year old who isn't the messiest kid in the world, but he is 4. The seats do not show dirt, see to be stain resistant, and receive complements from nearly every passenger.

Saddle Brown was always one of my favorites, and Cinnamon freaked me out pictures, but wasn't anywhere near as orange as online images suggested. I haven't seen Terra "in the hide" as of yet, but I believe it's going to look spectacular. Mocha would be my second choice, and after that I'd have to settle for black. I find BMW's beige and grey interiors nauseating, especially the plastic, vinyl, and cloth surfaces, all of which look like something out of a rental-car.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #14
civilojk
Rep

Quote:
Mocha w/ oak is classy that would be my pic. But if i wanted it to be super sporty definitely go with the aluminum w/ black or mocha leather.

Can you order the mocha package w/ ventilated seats on the 5.0 zmm (m sport package)? I love the mocha stitching but I think it would be pointless unless you can get it with the ventilated seat option.

I just noticed that the shifter seems wider and more contoured? Is that new for the F15s?
Mocha package look nice but I would rather choose Dakota over Nappa. Nappa seems to soft for me! I actually ordered my M sports package with ventilated seats/multi contour seats! Those two were must!

As far as the shifter.. Sorry i cannot tell you much about it.. I haven't seen a real one yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #15
civilojk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterX5 View Post
Are you going with the pano roof? Might be best sticking with the lighter options if not? Just my 2p worth but I've always loved the silver and aluminium look for MSport interiors. All fine choices you've laid out though, great interior on this beast!
I do have pano roof. It seems to be a standard for US Spec. I was actually thinking about black and aluminum as well.. too many to choose from!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
civilojk
Rep

Quote:
I have seen that happened as well. Too much to keep it clean!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
civilojk
Rep

Quote:
I have red in my 335 and it held up really well. In 3 years ive cleaned it twice.
I have limited selection on my X5.. Red is not even on my option list.... tho..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #18
civilojk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
I like either the 1st or 2nd one.
Are those the sport seats they are showing?
Im still trying to decide on the muti-contour vs sport, thanks
I did get the M Sports with ventilated seats/multi contour seats. I have sports seats on my 328i and i always wanted to try multi contour. I heard nothing but good things about it!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #19
civilojk
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipSauls View Post
I'd suggest the Terra and Fineline Pure combo. I have Cinnamon and Dark Bamboo in my '11 35d, which looks less "pedestrian" than beige, grey, or black, without the upkeep issues of Ivory. I have a 4 year old who isn't the messiest kid in the world, but he is 4. The seats do not show dirt, see to be stain resistant, and receive complements from nearly every passenger.

Saddle Brown was always one of my favorites, and Cinnamon freaked me out pictures, but wasn't anywhere near as orange as online images suggested. I haven't seen Terra "in the hide" as of yet, but I believe it's going to look spectacular. Mocha would be my second choice, and after that I'd have to settle for black. I find BMW's beige and grey interiors nauseating, especially the plastic, vinyl, and cloth surfaces, all of which look like something out of a rental-car.
Thank you for your input. After I did some research, the brown you are talking about is something calls "Leather 'Merino' Amaro Brown"?. It was not on my selection list but I found it on BMW Facebook page. It offers for BMW individual. I would love that color as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #20
mudface247
Rep

The fineline pure wood looks nice but how scratch resistant is it? I have a Rottweiler I need to haul in the back seat and I wouldn't want to see the wood scratched up in the doors. I was thinking of going the high gloss route with the oak wood.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #21
mudface247
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by civilojk
Quote:

Mocha package look nice but I would rather choose Dakota over Nappa. Nappa seems to soft for me! I actually ordered my M sports package with ventilated seats/multi contour seats! Those two were must!

As far as the shifter.. Sorry i cannot tell you much about it.. I haven't seen a real one yet.
I have heard that nappa is very stretchy and it cracks easily too but its nice to the touch. Although i have perforated dakota now and the seat bottom looks a little bubbled from sitting as well. Thats a good point the nappa might be too soft. Too many options make it very hard to decide.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 10:27 PM   #22
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Calling bullshit, I don't think 4series have been delivered yet.
Appreciate 0