BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-28-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
starwilling
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

M Power Kit after NBT Patched

Thanks a lot in advance for any input.

I am installing a M Power kit in the F15, but NBT has been patched for carplay. If the dealer update the firmware for M Powr kit FSC installation, the carplay will go away, I can reinstall the FSC with the patch. My question is, will the patch disable the M power kit as I will not have a FSC for the M power kit?

I would appreciate very much for your comments!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
It should not affect the M Power Kit.
      11-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
starwilling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
It should not affect the M Power Kit.
Thanks! That is good to know. Could you please explain a bit more as I am interested? Is it because the FSC for the power kit is not installed in the NBT but in the engine ECU?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Generally speaking, the MPPK is an ECU flashed offered by BMW.

Honestly I don't think your FSC patch for Carplay would be disabled by the MPPK. It would be like if a map upgrade got erased. The iDrive technically already has Carplay whether or not you buy it or not. All that FSC codes is tell the iDrive, enable this feature. So if it was somehow disabled by the MPPK flash, you would simply use the same FSC code to tell the iDrive to re-enable the Carplay functionality that's already in the car.

Now I am saying all this assuming you are entering a FSC code to enable Carplay not some hack that's not from BMW.
      11-28-2018, 08:28 PM   #5
starwilling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Honestly I don't think your FSC patch for Carplay would be disabled by the MPPK. It would be like if a map upgrade got erased. The iDrive technically already has Carplay whether or not you buy it or not. All that FSC codes is tell the iDrive, enable this feature. So if it was somehow disabled by the MPPK flash, you would simply use the same FSC code to tell the iDrive to re-enable the Carplay functionality that's already in the car.

Now I am saying all this assuming you are entering a FSC code to enable Carplay not some hack that's not from BMW.
Now I have the answer, I got the car back today, and Navigation, Carplay, Voice recongination, none of them works, tried to import FSC, failed due to date not valid. Tried to patch the nbt again, not working, NBT does not restart... I guess the latest update (2018-11) version will not allow patch anymore, I will have to go back to the dealer to install the original FSCs.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 12:17 AM   #6
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I hope you get this resolved.
      11-29-2018, 07:36 AM   #7
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Weird that the NBT would be affected by an engine flash...
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Weird that the NBT would be affected by an engine flash...
With this, they flash almost the whole car. NBT is flashed to add new sport display with higher power numbers.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #9
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
With this, they flash almost the whole car. NBT is flashed to add new sport display with higher power numbers.
They don’t need to flash NBT for that.

But dealer software requires to flash to the latest firmware the whole car whenever they do retrofit anything
      11-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #10
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
They don’t need to flash NBT for that.

But dealer software requires to flash to the latest firmware the whole car whenever they do retrofit anything
I agree, they (dealership, tuners) don't. For ECU tune, one just needs to flash ECU module. BUT, to show higher units (hp, tq) on NBT screen, they must update the NBT.

IIRC, PPK does change the displayed units.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 03:03 PM   #11
TheUltimateDrivingManiac
Freude am Fahren.
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xDrive35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
I agree, they (dealership, tuners) don't. For ECU tune, one just needs to flash ECU module. BUT, to show higher units (hp, tq) on NBT screen, they must update the NBT.

IIRC, PPK does change the displayed units.
Nope, they don't. Power/Torque information, including maximums, provided by ECU to NBT.
      11-30-2018, 03:36 PM   #12
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwilling View Post
Quote:

Now I have the answer, I got the car back today, and Navigation, Carplay, Voice recongination, none of them works, tried to import FSC, failed due to date not valid. Tried to patch the nbt again, not working, NBT does not restart... I guess the latest update (2018-11) version will not allow patch anymore, I will have to go back to the dealer to install the original FSCs.
Yes, theres no ACP crack for latest frameware 2018-11. If you have installed the MPPK before November, you could have installed the same CarPlay FSC you had again.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDrivingManiac View Post
Nope, they don't. Power/Torque information, including maximums, provided by ECU to NBT.
Thanks for clarifying.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 04:48 AM   #14
starwilling
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, theres no ACP crack for latest frameware 2018-11. If you have installed the MPPK before November, you could have installed the same CarPlay FSC you had again.
A repair set of FSC works like a charm! All works now without flashing NBT.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #15
sbinshihon
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5 M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbinshihon View Post
Quote:
Quote:

A repair set of FSC works like a charm! All works now without flashing NBT.
Everything, works even the ACP?
Appreciate 0