Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model S

FS: KW V3 Adjustable Coilovers for F85/86 X5M X6M

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Selling my KW V3 kit with DDC delete for the F85/86 X5M and X6M with rear air suspension. Was on the car for about 8k miles absolutely changes the game.

Comes with all parts and KW spanner wrench.

KW part # 325200AM

Will ship for free to the lower 48. Ask about elsewhere.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
F85MTuNED1623.50
      02-11-2020, 07:28 AM   #2
goformitch
MITCHIN
United_States
Rep

SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #3
Manxbim332
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

let me kow when you have another one for sale
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:20 AM   #4
goformitch
MITCHIN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxbim332 View Post
let me kow when you have another one for sale
I probably won't have another suspension kit but I do have the other parts I pulled from the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #5
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Whoever the buyer is, please inform the group once the parts are installed. Would be curious to hear about cost (if installed by someone else) or the time it took. Also curious about settings.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #6
goformitch
MITCHIN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCTiger View Post
Whoever the buyer is, please inform the group once the parts are installed. Would be curious to hear about cost (if installed by someone else) or the time it took. Also curious about settings.
When I installed it on mine and helped a buddy do the same on his it took us about 3-4 hours total. Accessing the top bolts was pretty easy front/rear.

The main drag is swapping the DDC connectors on the factory wiring plugs to those provided with the kit. If you've done that before it's fast but we had to get the hang of it. Was fast the second time.

The other time suck was shimmying the front assemblies out without disassembling the front suspension, which you don't need to do it's just a bit tricky.

Otherwise it's pretty straight forward, then just adjusting the height to your liking. The KW install guide is pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:54 PM   #7
mdetorres
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by greene08 View Post
Quote:
When I installed it on mine and helped a buddy do the same on his it took us about 3-4 hours total. Accessing the top bolts was pretty easy front/rear.

The main drag is swapping the DDC connectors on the factory wiring plugs to those provided with the kit. If you've done that before it's fast but we had to get the hang of it. Was fast the second time.

The other time suck was shimmying the front assemblies out without disassembling the front suspension, which you don't need to do it's just a bit tricky.

Otherwise it's pretty straight forward, then just adjusting the height to your liking. The KW install guide is pretty good.
Buyer here!

I'll be sure to post pics after install, and give cost breakdown.

I was reviewing the settings from daytonaviolet from his thread after his install...seemed to work out well for him.

👊🏽. Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again, Mitch!
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2020, 05:06 PM   #8
KCTiger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Yeah I think most use factory settings of 6-6 front and 6-9 rear but will be curious about what works for you. Kruppa is 6-10 in the back. That's the only alternative I remember reading about.

It's an expensive mod but can't wait to get it done myself!
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2020, 12:40 PM   #9
mdetorres
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdetorres View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by greene08 View Post
Quote:

Buyer here!

I'll be sure to post pics after install, and give cost breakdown.

I was reviewing the settings from daytonaviolet from his thread after his install...seemed to work out well for him.

👊🏽. Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again, Mitch!
Installed!

From what my guy stated, the most difficult part was dealing with the EDC delete. Otherwise, it was a breeze! He was a high school buddy, so he gave me a huge price discount on the install. Did the install for $460...later admitting that he should have charged me more haha! Another shop that I got a quote from was priced at $800...which seemed more on par with the labor.

Thanks to the OP, Mitch, for being an awesome Seller and a stand up dude, who was giving advice all throughout the install!

This is my first set of coilovers so I'm still not sure if I have the settings correct. I tried to follow the post from daytonaviolet on this but not sure if I got it right. It is a bit bouncy right now, so if any of you can advise on how to properly adjust the Damper settings, and more importantly, how to know if you got it right...for someone who has never used Coilovers, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks, and enjoy the pics!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 07:00 PM   #10
goformitch
MITCHIN
United_States
Rep

So glad it worked out and that's a great deal on an install. Looking super fly!
Appreciate 0