BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #1
joejoejr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

2 days of 100 degrees & Sunroof is Dead

Heatwave in the NorthEast and of course some component on the X5 fails. Car is garage kept except during working hours. Could be coincidental but neither my sunroof or the sunshade will open today. Switch appears to be dead but strangely enough only in one direction. If I move the switch to the close position, I hear the motor engage. Open position..nothing. Back to the dealer
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Look at this this thread http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1084051. It may be useful. Tips on reset/ initializing etc. also, video your experience for your dealer.
      06-17-2015, 11:50 AM   #3
joejoejr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
Look at this this thread http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1084051. It may be useful. Tips on reset/ initializing etc. also, video your experience for your dealer.
Just tried the sunroof reset procedure described in the link you posted and it worked! Had to do it twice though because the first time it opened & closed the roof without retracting the sun shade. After the first initialization the roof worked but the shade would not automatically retract/close (had to hold the switch and yes I pulled it past the point of resistance). After I did it again everything started working as designed. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejr View Post
Just tried the sunroof reset procedure described in the link you posted and it worked! ....Thanks for the tip.