Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_RL View Post
Nice review

Any issues or regrets with Space Gray and Dakota Black Leather?

It's one color combo, considering for my next X5. Imperial Blue is other option.
No, I made the absolute right move on Space Gray. It was between Mineral White and Space Gray and I definitely made the right choice. It's such a great looking color and I would have regretted the X5 in mineral white.

Hides dirt as well as a car can, as well. I'm not big into blue for cars... unless it's a '70 Chevelle
Have you posted pics of the space gray anywhere on this forum?

My next car will be space gray, but when I see it in person, there are times when I don't like it... but it is the only standard color close to what I want on the F16 I plan on building in a few months.

Mineral gray would be ideal for me, but space gray is the only standard color that comes close available on my future X6
Here it is.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #24
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_RL View Post
Nice review

Any issues or regrets with Space Gray and Dakota Black Leather?

It's one color combo, considering for my next X5. Imperial Blue is other option.
No, I made the absolute right move on Space Gray. It was between Mineral White and Space Gray and I definitely made the right choice. It's such a great looking color and I would have regretted the X5 in mineral white.

Hides dirt as well as a car can, as well. I'm not big into blue for cars... unless it's a '70 Chevelle
Have you posted pics of the space gray anywhere on this forum?

My next car will be space gray, but when I see it in person, there are times when I don't like it... but it is the only standard color close to what I want on the F16 I plan on building in a few months.

Mineral gray would be ideal for me, but space gray is the only standard color that comes close available on my future X6
Here it is.
Nice. Thanks a lot.

In this pic, space gray looks great, and many times I like how it looks in real life as well.

It's just that about 30%of the time I see it in person, I see a purple /light blue/greenish hue that makes me reconsider my color choices.

I like the dark graphite as well, but of course it's not available on M sport builds...

Space gray looks great in certain lighting, but the few times I second guess that color has me a bit undecided.

Really looking good in that pic though, so I appreciate the reply.

Have fun in that new toy when you get past the break in period!
      07-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #25
akhter
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 911 992 C2S

Garage List
Interesting comment on choppy parking camera video. I actually thought the parking cam and idrive software speed were a significant upgrade on the f15 compared to my f10. its almost like going from SD to HD with much smoother video, higher resolution and better dynamic range especially in indoor dark parking lots and the idrive graphic overlays for obstacle markers, were much nicer with gradient shading instead of block vector graphics.
Sold E90 335i M Sport Alpine White|Tokyo
Sold E36 328i Jet Black|NYC
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 11:18 PM   #26
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
Interesting comment on choppy parking camera video. I actually thought the parking cam and idrive software speed were a significant upgrade on the f15 compared to my f10. its almost like going from SD to HD with much smoother video, higher resolution and better dynamic range especially in indoor dark parking lots and the idrive graphic overlays for obstacle markers, were much nicer with gradient shading instead of block vector graphics.
Yeah... I didn't notice it on the test drive, nor would it have been a deal breaker, but the processing speed is definitely lacking.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 11:26 PM   #27
twelve535i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhter View Post
Yes! The F10 Idrive was slow as hell. The screen resolution also bad
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:54 AM   #28
salukutinaveen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 2016 BMW M3 F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
Damn... I need to pull back a bit. I've had my X5 for 2 1/2 weeks and already passed 1400 miles on the odometer!

One question on the ipod issues you are having.... Based on the fact you have 80 gigs on your ipod, it seems you are using an old school ipod with the touch wheel. One major downside to that is the hard drive on the ipod spins terribly slow compared to a flash HD on newer generations. I purchased a beat up ipod touch on ebay and use that for my music library and haven't had any issues with delayed artwork, song title, or anything of that nature. As a matter of fact, it is slightly faster then my previous Infiniti JX where I would hit the advance song button and it would take 2 seconds to actually advance the song.
+1 try a different Ipod. I used my old ipod classic-160gb and had issues. Changed it and no problems !
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 11:58 AM   #29
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep

I have a 128gb iPhone with just a few hundred songs on it. I don't have the same issues. I may just take my old 64gb phone and convert it to an standalone iPod. Thanks for the recommendations.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #30
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm currently getting about 16-17mpg (almost all city driving).
Just re-reading the thread and noticed that I didn't respond regarding the 3rd row. I haven't had a use for it yet. My single dad duties only require the rear seats, but wanted the third row for the times the gf and her two kids come along. I'll report back when I have more info.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #31
Blackhawks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by salukutinaveen
Cool Review ! How do the kids like the 3rd row ? May i know the MPG numbers of your car ?
Just re-reading the thread and noticed that I didn't respond regarding the 3rd row. I haven't had a use for it yet. My single dad duties only require the rear seats, but wanted the third row for the times the gf and her two kids come along. I'll report back when I have more info.
Appreciate 1