BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > Vendors Classifieds

07-29-2014, 10:12 PM   #1
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Arrow ***Don Nguyen | WannabeRacer.com | Vehicle Wrap - Tint - Plastidip - Custom Decals***

WannabeRacer.com
Facebook Page - Gallery
E-mail: Don@WannabeRacer.com

Vinyl Materials / DIY:
- Pre cut vinyl (IE: Pre cut roof, window trim pieces, tail lights, etc)
If you are interested in me developing pre cut pieces for your car to make your DIY installations easier, I would need a minimum group of 5-10 people interested in the same pre cut materials. Contact me at Don@WannabeRacer.com for more information.
- Custom cut stickers / decals
- Vinyl sheets and rolls
- DIY materials and instructions
- Group buys

Installation Services:
- Gloss and matte black roof vinyl (other finishes/colors are available upon request)
- Carbon fiber vinyl wraps
- Black out chrome/brushed aluminum window trim vinyl
- Interior and exterior trim
- Head / tail light tinting
- Full car wraps
- Graphic / vinyl installations
Gloss and Matte Black Roofs:

3M Carbon fiber Vinyl Roof Wraps:

Blacked Out Window Trim:

Tinted Head and Tail Lights:

Interior Vinyl Wrapping:

Misc Vinyl Wrap Requests:

Plasti Dip:

WannabeRacer.com

Let me know if you guys have any questions or if you are interested in getting some work done.

thanks.

-Don Nguyen

Don@WannabeRacer.com

Last edited by Don N.; 04-06-2016 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Typically people have me lightly tint/smoke their tail lights with my film, but the owner of this white Audi A4 sedan had me light smoke/tint his head lights instead. The tint is actually fairly light, so it doesn’t affect the light output from the head lights onto the road by any significant amount. I’ve done this for several cars in the past, and most owners have reported to me that the light output was fairly the same or any light output difference was fairly insignificant from their perspective in the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. In addition, having the film on the headlights will protect it from rock chips and also fading/hazing that typically happens to head lights over time.

Before:

Passenger left side - stock :: Driver/right side - Tinted/smoked

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Did the roof of this gray / silver BMW 328i E92 coupe in my gloss black vinyl material. I also vinyl wrapped the chrome / aluminum window trim of this car at the same time, but we went with the matte black finish for that instead of the gloss. The owner of this car was from around Los Angeles / Torrance and drove out to me in Orange County to get the work done. The combination of both the black roof and blacking out the window trim really changed the looks and dynamics of the car quite a bit, even with just those two simple things.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this Silver Lexus IS350 sedan was actually from norcal and came out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. After I had wrapped the roof, he had me do the rear trunk spoiler as well, so that’s why in the first set of pictures the trunk spoiler is still body colored and not wrapped yet. I think the black trunk spoiler went well with the gloss black roof and complimented it fairly nicely.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #5
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Had this brand new white BMW F32 335i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, but the owner had actually already started doing quite a few medications to it, by the time it arrived at my shop to have the work done. The gloss black roof looks good, and adds a nice touch to the car, and will tie in the look of the car fairly well as he continues to modify it.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

For those who are keep track, I may be making my last norcal trip for the year either the first or second week of September. I haven’t finalized it, but once I do, I’ll make an official thread for it. However, those who e-mail (donathon@gmail.com) me ahead of time will get priority registration for setting up appointment times with me.

The owner of this brand new white Mercedes Benz E250 sedan had me wrap his roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in the same finish to match. I would have also done the rear trunk bar chrome piece to match, but the owner of this car wanted to leave it I believe. The black roof and blacked out window trim sets it off from the other E classes on the road, but without making it look too modified. It’s a very factory look, in my opinion.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is a grey Z4 that I vinyl wrapped the roof with in the 3M di noc carbon fiber material. I did his roof and the center areas/portions of his front and rear bumper in the carbon. Don't mind the weather stripping around the top of the front windshield. It seems like it has just deteriorated from age and over time. I've seen this happen on a lot of BMWs that I work on, which is quite unfortunate, since it's really only on the newer more recent models that I've seen this have happen to. I believe the owner of this car came out to me from Los Angeles to Orange County to get his all of that work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this BMW E92 3 series coupe came by to have me wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim that was on his car. He actually did one side, but ran out of materials trying to do the other side, so he brought me his car to finish the job. He told me that he had purchased matte black materials, but as you can see from the pictures, his matte black material was actually a lot closer to a flat black (chalk board-ish) finish versus the strip of my matte black material on his window trim in the pictures below.

I am not a fan of the flat black shade or finish, since it looks more like faded a greyish black trim versus how new matte black trim typically looks like. Note, the owner of this car did the install with a seam in the back. However, when I do all of my window trim installs, everything is done seamlessly and in one piece.

Luckily for the owner of this car, I have several shades of black that I keep on hand, and was able to match the material he had already used. This saved him from having two different shades on either side of the car, or having to completely redo the window trim that was already done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #9
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Here are some pictures of a white BMW E90 335i sedan that I did the roof with the 3M di noc material. I tried taking a bit more detailed pictures this time around to show you guys more close ups of the roof, to show you the quality of all of my installs. No paint is showing anywhere and all of the weaves are perfectly straight, etc. Pictures will also give you an idea of what the 3M di noc vinyl material would look like on a car that's mildly modified. This car only had wheels with black centers/polished lip. Everything else was still stock at the time of these pictures if I can recall correctly. The owner of this car came out to me from around the Huntington Beach/Orange County area.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #10
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Here's a return customer. I actually tinted/smoked his tail lights with my material probably a year ago. However, he somewhat recently had someone reverse into him in a parking lot and broke/cracked his driver side tail light. So he asked me if I could redo that one side for him. Of course, I told him to drop by and we'd get it done for his car. The passenger side tail light is the original one that I had done about a year ago. I took some more detailed/close up pictures of that side more to show you guys how well the material and installation has held up. The owner of this car was also from Irvine, but drove out to me from his school out in Riverside that day to get it done.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 12:10 AM   #11
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I had some people request pictures of matte black roofs on an E90/E92, so I went through my collection of pictures to see what I could find. These pictures are actually fairly old, since its actually been a while since I've done a matte black roof on an E90/E92. I'll try to see if I can find some more on other colored cars as well. The owner of this car was from San Diego I believe, and drove up to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

-Don Nguyen

Donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #12
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I vinyl wrapped both the roof of this car and his window trim in my gloss black vinyl material. However, I am just going to post pictures of the roof done for now. I'll post pictures of the gloss black vinyl wrapped window trim that I also did on this car later. You can still sort of make out the gloss black window trim in the pictures, for those who were considering on doing both and weren't sure which finish to go with on the window trim with their gloss black vinyl'd roofs.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #13
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

It's not often that I get a car that's not either black or white coming in to get some vinyl work done. However, the owner of this metallic red BMW E92 328 (or 335) coupe decided to bring their car in and have me vinyl wrap the chrome / brushed aluminum trim that came on their car. For this car I decided that we should go with my gloss black vinyl over the matte black, and I think it turned out great. As you can see, the black window trim can drastically change the look of any car and color. It's a fairly simple change/mod, but it goes a long way. The owner of this car brought their car to me from Los Angeles county area out to me in Orange County / Anaheim Hills.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #14
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Had this brand new white BMW F32 335i coupe come by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. The car was brand new, but the owner had actually already started doing quite a few medications to it, by the time it arrived at my shop to have the work done. The gloss black roof looks good, and adds a nice touch to the car, and will tie in the look of the car fairly well as he continues to modify it.

BeforeL

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #15
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

How much of a difference does blacking out your chrome window trim make?

This much of a difference.

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #16
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

This is one of the few new BMW F30 silver 328i sedan that I have wrapped with the 3M Di-noc matte carbon fiber finish recently. As you can see, the finish/look of the cf vinyl roof changes depending on the angle that you are looking at it and how the light reflects off of it. The matte carbon roof complimented the darker colored wheels that were on the car fairly well. The pictures don't do it much justice, since I was mainly focusing on capturing an accurate portrayal of the roof vs the finish of the wheels. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have his roof wrapped.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #17
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I've worked on several cars for the owner of this white BMW 650i gran coupe sedan before. This time he brought his car in to have me vinyl wrap the white portions of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to finish off and complete the gloss black roof look.

In addition to the roof, I also tinted/smoked the rear tail lights and the front head lights on this car. The film that I used is fairly light, and gives it an OEM+ type look, as if it could have came from the factory like this. In one of the pictures below, I took a picture of the tail lights with the lights on, with one side untinted/stock and the other side tinted/smoked, to give you an idea of how the light output is still with the film applied. You'll see that even with the film, a the light coming through is still fairly bright.

Before:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side:

Stock driver/left side - Tinted/smoked passenger/right side (lights on):

Stock passenger/right side - Tinted/smoked driver/left side:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #18
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this Silver BMW E39 540i sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. I think the gloss black roof gives older cars a newer updated look. Especially if you have had your car for a while now, a gloss black roof changes the look of the car quite a bit, for a relatively simple/easy change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #19
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

I've had requests from people to post some more pictures of interiors that I've done. This is on a BMW F10 5 series sedan that originally had brushed aluminum/silver trim accents in the car. The interior trim on this car is different than most other cars, since the interior trim pieces have an edging around the trim pieces, which you can see that I left unwrapped in the pictures. Also, most interiors I've done in the past were with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material, however, the owner of this car wanted me a finish that was slightly glossier and blacker, so we went with with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to his interior trim, I also did his rear bumper diffuser piece in the same material. The owner of this car was from Pomona and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2014, 10:01 PM   #20
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this E92 M3 came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish material. Since his car came with the sunroof option, he did not have the factory OEM carbon fiber roof. This was his next best option, unless he wanted to completely change the roof out for a full carbon roof. I have had other M3s with sunroofs or M3 sedans get gloss black instead of the carbon, so that it blended with the sunroof glass better. However, it just comes down to personal preference. The owner of this car drove out from San Diego to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #21
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

The owner of this grey BMW F06 650i gran coupe had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. We went with the gloss black vinyl material to try and match the already large glass roof that is on the car, to complete the all black roof look. In addition to the roof, I did the rear roof spoiler on the car, chrome fender side grills and chrome door handle trim pieces in the matching gloss black vinyl materials. The owner of this car was in Yorba Linda and actually just down the street from my shop in Anaheim Hills/Orange County.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #22
Don N.
Brigadier General
Rep

Brand new alpine white BMW 550i F10 sedan, less than a week old. The owner of this car had me vinyl wrap the roof of his F10 in gloss black including the side roof rails on his car. The antenna was painted gloss jet black to match the roof. This car came out to me to from Buena Park area to Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the work done. I think the gloss black roof really suited this bigger body car very well, especially with the black trunk spoiler and darker gunmetal wheels. The car came with the sport package factory shadowline trim from the factory already, so that match fairly well with the roof as well. You can find some more pictures of this car on the Vorsteiner site/facebook.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Appreciate 0