BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #1
tights24
Registered
Rep
Drives: Buick

2014 X6 50i thoughts?

Howdy all, new to the forum. Looking at possibly picking up a 2014 X6 50i with ~60K miles on it. Would be my first foray into the Bimmer world. Just like to do a little bit of due diligence and ask the experts their thoughts and things to look for. Common issues etc. A quick search yielded that they are pretty reliable from a maintenance standpoint, but I'd rather hear from the owners. Thanks in advance!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 11:54 PM   #2
Danyal.N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 and BMW 7 Series

Garage List
2017 BMW 740i   [10.00]
Being a N63TU (Technical Update) it’s pretty reliable, Not much to worry about. Just except your typical BMW Oil leaks here and there it’s Typical. All you really need to do is keep up with maintenance and you’re fine.
      05-13-2023, 06:03 AM   #3
tights24
Registered
Rep
Drives: Buick

Thx Danyal. Yeah, semi fearful of stepping into something non GM since I typically do all of my maintenance etc myself from oil changes to brakes. Just making sure there weren't super common issues with stuff like rear ends being super weak and that type of stuff. Don't mind maintenance, but can't have something that will explode. lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 02:04 PM   #4
Danyal.N55
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 and BMW 7 Series

Garage List
2017 BMW 740i   [10.00]
BMW’s are pretty easy to work on in my experience, Just be a bit careful as everything is made from Plastic. I bet if BMW Could find way to make the Pistons from Plastic they would, FCP Euro has a great Write up on BMW Parts and OE (Original Equipment). Like most Manufacturers BMW gets parts sourced from different suppliers and companies so One product gets a BMW Badge and the other does not. Now I’m not talking about parts that are the same or just as good, I’m talking about parts that are made on the same assembly line it’s just one gets a BMW Badge and the other one doesn’t. For example, The BMW Battery Charger is just a rebranded CTEK Battery Charger then some Guy will be bragging how they got the “Real BMW Charger” from the Dealership. You can save Thousands by knowing what to buy, Just be knowledgeable.