07-12-2017, 01:42 AM   #1
ckonenyc
Vrooom!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 Iroc Z28, 45k Miles!

Factory X6M Tow Hitch

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay for a factory OEM tow hitch? I just ordered an X6M and my dealer quoted me around 2100 for hitch installed. Does that sound high?

Also, I'm getting this tow hitch for the sole reason of protecting my bumper from the madness in NYC when parked. I assume the factory tow hitch can accept the litany of bumper bars/steps?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #2
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckonenyc View Post
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me what I should expect to pay for a factory OEM tow hitch? I just ordered an X6M and my dealer quoted me around 2100 for hitch installed. Does that sound high?

Also, I'm getting this tow hitch for the sole reason of protecting my bumper from the madness in NYC when parked. I assume the factory tow hitch can accept the litany of bumper bars/steps?

Thanks!
I would look into the Invishitch. I have it on my X6M. You have the benefit of having the hitch when you need it, but extension can be removed so the car looks clean and stylish when you like. I feel it is a shame to have an X6M with the mount for the hitch sticking out all the time.

I think most of the member in the forum that have a hitch have gone this route. Also once you get the Invishitch (if you get the OEM module) you get a "complementary" session of codymycar, since it is required to connect the lights systems and back up camera to the hitch), through Codemycar you will have the options to add a series of feature, like removing the warning signs on start up, playing DVD on screen, folding mirrors on demand from your key etc.

A
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
musa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F86, E92, E53, E39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparedes View Post
I would look into the Invishitch. I have it on my X6M. You have the benefit of having the hitch when you need it, but extension can be removed so the car looks clean and stylish when you like. I feel it is a shame to have an X6M with the mount for the hitch sticking out all the time.

I think most of the member in the forum that have a hitch have gone this route. Also once you get the Invishitch (if you get the OEM module) you get a "complementary" session of codymycar, since it is required to connect the lights systems and back up camera to the hitch), through Codemycar you will have the options to add a series of feature, like removing the warning signs on start up, playing DVD on screen, folding mirrors on demand from your key etc.

A
Pics please.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
jettie1767
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW i7 xdrive60

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!
I got the dealer to throw in the tow hitch and install for free. It is around $1200-$1300 installed.
      07-12-2017, 11:58 PM   #5
ckonenyc
Vrooom!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1987 Iroc Z28, 45k Miles!

Ok, I will go the invisihitch route. I'm very annoyed that my dealer is trying to rip me off. Can someone point me to the correct part to get for a 2017 X6M?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
SNAGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Quote:
Ok, I will go the invisihitch route. I'm very annoyed that my dealer is trying to rip me off. Can someone point me to the correct part to get for a 2017 X6M?
Here is a link to list of available "tow bar" options:

http://www.invisihitch.com/hitches/

I love mine!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #7
SNAGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Here are two photos when with the receiver attached and one with the receiver off.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2017, 05:59 PM   #8
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by musa View Post
Pics please.
Just saw this post. Needed to go out and get pics but SNAGuy bit me to it!

A
Appreciate 0