BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

06-28-2017, 11:27 PM   #111
deadlyrhythm
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW X5d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Umm. What is happening at BMW? Grills, Mirror caps, wheels and a plaque ??
Uuggh
They do this at the end of each generation series. Did it with the E70/71 X5/6M's too. They had a special black edition

Keeps slight interest going... Bear in mind the word slight
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #112
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeM3 View Post
It seems like BMW will slap a special edition badge on any model just to try to stir up some excitement. Nothing special about this Black Fire Edition.
They didn't even bother to use a different shade of black from the standard models. Heck even Jet Black would've made it more special
      06-29-2017, 06:40 AM   #113
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Jeebus people, relax a little bit...

Yah, BMW deserves criticism for much these days (cough, cough punchgate) and this is cheesy as hell, but it's just a marketing gimmick.

Besides, I'm a sucker for a women in a short skirt and red interiors on automobiles...
      06-29-2017, 08:12 AM   #114
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

I can't help but just laugh and agree with a majority of these posts. Especially at the fact they used BSM as the paint color! At least do a semi individual color to help make it more "special". The only good thing they came out of this was the bi color interior.

As a loyal BMW M and AMG Black Series owner I don't see myself going back to BMW again. They've seriously lost it with the lack of invention on the new models. I feel like all the stuff they're pumping out is just a rehash of previous ideas or vehicles. When AMG puts a Black Series mark on a car you know it means business with across the board changes to power, suspension, aerodynamics, etc.

What a joke this entire sales pitch is. Embarrassing to say the least!
Appreciate 2
P111541.50
HMN356.00
      06-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #115
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
They ruined it with that interior.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #116
ChrisNich117
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 Alpine White ZCP

Garage List
2009 e92 M3 coupe  [0.00]
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Ok good, I was worried they actually changed something. I can drive my x6m without feeling inferior. If they advertised that they fixed the wheel bearings it might have been worth trading it in
Appreciate 1
P111541.50
      06-29-2017, 05:51 PM   #117
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 12:11 AM   #118
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

I guess BMW is the Apple of the automotive world now.

Awaiting the rose gold edition, and X5 Red. Both come will come without door handles.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2017, 12:17 AM   #119
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I can't I read every

'09 135i Dinan In BMW heaven 09.28.2022 - Stage 2/Alpine White w/Terracotta /High Gloss Black Trim/ZCW/ZPP/ZSP w/313's /CA/PDC/Steptronic/
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 06:23 AM   #120
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe VOP ZCV ZPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3inthecity View Post
I have 2 years with my X5m and let me just tell you I'll never get one again. It drives amazing feels like a train on rails taking turns and is gorgeous but HOLY CRAP DOES THIS THING SOUND LIKE A SCHOOLBUS AT EVERY STOP. I know it may sound like I'm whining but cmon BMW this is a 120k truck it should not be squeaking the way it does. I had pads and rotors replaced twice by dealer and still nothing has changed.

The part that sucks the most is that I love the way it drives but there's no way in hell I'd spend this kind of money on a truck to have people looking around when ever I come to a stop because it sounds like a tribe of school busses are arriving. PLEASE BMW FIX THIS ISSUE
Really can't understand this?

How does one decide to purchase a a 5,000lb sports "wagon", which comes with a metallic pad, and then complains of brake squeal??????

A continuous ritual of seating the pad and the rotor, while building a heat capacity in the pad will reduce, if not, eliminate squeal. I had a 1M, and on occasion it squealed.

Drawing the comparison of car cost and brake noise is a highly ludicrous arguement. The value of your car doesn't mean two shits about the noise your brakes make. Come on man...

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 06:21 AM   #121
HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker View Post
So it's really just BSM? They couldn't at least done Azurite or something more special for the paint?

Thank you. Even Range Rovers have black editions but with different colors. I hate how BMW plays it safe with colors, it gets boring. They should've probably created a color that is similar to Azurite, Ruby black but with more shades, to keep in line with the "black" idea but with more variation.
2017 F86 X6M - Donington Grey
2024 F95 X5M Comp LCI - Isle of Man Green
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #122
Chadmatic
Registered Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post

How does one decide to purchase a a 5,000lb sports "wagon", which comes with a metallic pad, and then complains of brake squeal??????

A continuous ritual of seating the pad and the rotor, while building a heat capacity in the pad will reduce, if not, eliminate squeal. I had a 1M, and on occasion it squealed.

Drawing the comparison of car cost and brake noise is a highly ludicrous arguement. The value of your car doesn't mean two shits about the noise your brakes make. Come on man...
Lol! Your profile and signature pics...

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #123
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
I guess BMW is the Apple of the automotive world now.
Swan Song Edition. Right before a line ends certain Marques create a special edition or an edition jam packed with options and features just to create a false sense of exclusivity, rarity and the illusion of something new rather than something that is just wrapped in new skin.
Appreciate 1
Chadmatic660.50
      07-05-2017, 12:54 AM   #124
Johndong888
John
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 M3, '18 S560, '16 G63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankrizzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Seems like someone doesn't realize BMW brakes always squeal lol.

Comes with the territory of having performance brakes on a 5,000 pound SUV.
Bs. Doesn't do this nonsense on my g63 or gls63. Bmw is terrible with this loud ass brake screeching. Happens even on the damn m6. Our x5 isn't even the m. Can't wait to dump it this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I don't buy the whole performance car = breaks must be noisy thing. My previous x6m did none of that. Every time I pass by another performance car I don't expect nor do I constantly hear the noise. I think it's a poor excuse.

As for the new edition, I don't have a problem with it - let the market determine if there is demand for these cars. It's always good to have a choice. I am happy that Audi has significantly stepped up their game in the last ten years and there are models that I can see myself driving in the future, etc.
+1

Quote:

Really don't understand you either. You first mention weight but then you also mentioned the 1m. Seems weight is the nonfactor here. It's clearly their brake design.

It's still a cruiser car. Shouldn't have to be that damn loud. It's not an issue with every car obviously but the issue is there.

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 | 2014 AW X5 | 2015 MB S550 | 2016 RR V8 (White FTW)
Mods - BPMTune Stg1/Servo, Euro Visors & Side Mirror, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, OEM Perf. CF Trim/Spoiler, Grills, Lights, Pedals, Umnitza V4 AE, ModeCarbon GTS V1, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 06:24 AM   #125
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadmatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJSchmooze View Post

Lol! Your profile and signature pics...

I take that as a compliment. Thank you lol

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... that’s what gets you.” Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 06:31 AM   #126
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Bs. Doesn't do this nonsense on my g63 or gls63. Bmw is terrible with this loud ass brake screeching. Happens even on the damn m6. Our x5 isn't even the m. Can't wait to dump it this year.

Quote:
I don't buy the whole performance car = breaks must be noisy thing. My previous x6m did none of that. Every time I pass by another performance car I don't expect nor do I constantly hear the noise. I think it's a poor excuse.

As for the new edition, I don't have a problem with it - let the market determine if there is demand for these cars. It's always good to have a choice. I am happy that Audi has significantly stepped up their game in the last ten years and there are models that I can see myself driving in the future, etc.
+1

Quote:

Really don't understand you either. You first mention weight but then you also mentioned the 1m. Seems weight is the nonfactor here. It's clearly their brake design.

It's still a cruiser car. Shouldn't have to be that damn loud. It's not an issue with every car obviously but the issue is there.
So, you are telling me you cannot understand that because your brakes squeal, maybe the ENTIRE car isn't at fault. Maybe, just maybe, you should focus your attention on the brakes specifically. Past that, you don't think to yourself for a second that maybe YOU don't know how to get enough heat in them when you are breaking them in? I know this is going to cause you to beat your chest in your infinite car prowess, but everyone makes mistakes. Did I hear G63?!?!?!

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 06:39 AM   #127
JJSchmooze
I'm on that Orange Crush
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

+1

Quote:

And to further prove my point. You can sit down and read this. Make your case about how the Porsche 911 GT3 is a piece of shit and Porsche doesn't know what they are doing because of brake squeal. This whole thing is effing ridiculous. Christ.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ke-squeal.html

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #128
Unkle Steve
gooby pls
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 SS Anthracite/Cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
I can't help but just laugh and agree with a majority of these posts. Especially at the fact they used BSM as the paint color! At least do a semi individual color to help make it more "special". The only good thing they came out of this was the bi color interior.

As a loyal BMW M and AMG Black Series owner I don't see myself going back to BMW again. They've seriously lost it with the lack of invention on the new models. I feel like all the stuff they're pumping out is just a rehash of previous ideas or vehicles. When AMG puts a Black Series mark on a car you know it means business with across the board changes to power, suspension, aerodynamics, etc.

What a joke this entire sales pitch is. Embarrassing to say the least!
I generally prefer MB over BMW, there's much to criticize about both companies IMO.

For example, the introduction of the '43' model within many AMG lines as an alternative to the 63 models is disheartening, but if that isn't bad enough, the 'S' models make the general 63 models seem out of place (primarily with the C, E, and potentially with the upcoming face-lifted CLS).

Both companies are making their vehicles too similar with a lack of distinction, and for that reason there won't be an E Class AMG Coupe variant to detract sales from the S63/65 coupe. Relative to its time, the E-Class W212 was by far my most favorite model, since it has a very refined and elegant profile without being as flashy as the current CLS. Now the W213 looks like a wide C-Class widebody mutt, and although the current S-Class sedan looks great, its lack of distinction from the other MB sedan lines lessens its road presence.

Then we have other 'M' models from BMW, such as the 235 and 550. I appreciate what those cars have to offer for their prices, however, it's disappointing to me that they're thinning out the M line.

Still, for great german sedans, SUVs, coupes, and roadsters under 150k, both companies have great options. Anything with greater significant road presence will be north of 250k, and that will mainly just be for reaching the excruciating bounds of vanity to appreciate the works of art at your disposal.

And BTW I'm still pretty upset that a model like the GT coupe/roadster variants are meant to replace the SLR and SLS. It's not a bad car line, but compared to its predecessors, it's complete mickey mouse garbage.

For the record, I'm interested to see the upcoming X6 model line, 6 series coupe/grand-coupe, 8 series, GLE, and the new potential SL line. If a majority of these cars fail to impress me, then there is a high chance that I will move on with Porsche.

TLDR: Don't be a fanboy, because both automakers are making similar decisions.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #129
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusky View Post
That's impressive! What's the price though?
Bump

BMW NA had released the price/availability. Black Sapphire edition X5M is $114,450 excl D&H, limited to 150 vehicles. X6M Black Sapphire edition is $117,850 excl D&H, limited to 50 vehicles.
Appears from the PKoD that black kidney grills and carbon fiber caps are a recommended dealer installed accessory. You have to be kidding me, for that amount of money I would expect the accessories to be 'thrown in'.
      08-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #130
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Steve View Post
I generally prefer MB over BMW, there's much to criticize about both companies IMO.

Then we have other 'M' models from BMW, such as the 235 and 550. I appreciate what those cars have to offer for their prices, however, it's disappointing to me that they're thinning out the M line.
I agree. No need to add M to non-M cars. It's great to be able to add M features to these cars, like the more aggressive styling or improved transmissions, etc,. but don't call them M as they are not and it dilutes the brand. Same goes for AMG.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0