BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #67
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

I can't for the life of me remember if you got a tune chip yet. However, if you do plan on getting a RaceChip for your 35i, let me know, and I'll send you some info on getting a big discount.

And no, I don't rep for any company. I rep for the community .
      01-12-2015, 01:55 PM   #68
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
I can't for the life of me remember if you got a tune chip yet. However, if you do plan on getting a RaceChip for your 35i, let me know, and I'll send you some info on getting a big discount.

And no, I don't rep for any company. I rep for the community .
Send me the info over. In debating for racechip or JB4
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #69
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Taran.J
This just came up to my mind, for the kidney grill, on the bottom 3 tab, do press the middle part. The clip is actually has dual function. The outer is for unlocking the outer chrome ring from the black slats piece, while the middle one is to unlock the center black slats from the bumper.
Maybe this can also help Barbja .

Name:  IMG_0873.JPG
Views: 1343
Size:  105.4 KB

As for the RaceChip or JB4. To clarify, the BMS has 2 different version. There is Stage 1 and there is JB4 Stage 2. The Stage 1 is the simplest of all, just 2 connector and you are done.
While the JB4 Stage 2, it has to be connected to the CAN wires where it can gives you better control on the AFR, Wastegate control, etc. to give you the better power output.
I personally don't know much about the RaceChip, but I would guess that the RaceChip falls in between the Stage 1 and JB4 Stage 2 on the performance wise.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #70
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
As for the RaceChip or JB4. To clarify, the BMS has 2 different version. There is Stage 1 and there is JB4 Stage 2. The Stage 1 is the simplest of all, just 2 connector and you are done.
While the JB4 Stage 2, it has to be connected to the CAN wires where it can gives you better control on the AFR, Wastegate control, etc. to give you the better power output.
I personally don't know much about the RaceChip, but I would guess that the RaceChip falls in between the Stage 1 and JB4 Stage 2 on the performance wise.
Performance wise, due to the ability to change the settings with clicks (increasing 1.5% in hp), the RaceChip is actually at the Stage 2 level. At stock settings it is most likely in between.
      01-12-2015, 02:29 PM   #71
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Performance wise, due to the ability to change the settings with clicks (increasing 1.5% in hp), the RaceChip is actually at the Stage 2 level. At stock settings it is most likely in between.
I do say in between since it is lack of AFR control.
Gain wise, JB4 Stage 2 is more once you do methanol injection.
Oh, just to clear this up for the readers. JB4 Stage 2 only available for 35i / N55 motor.
For 50i / N63tu motor, BMS only have Stage 1 available. This one I would say neck to neck with RaceChip.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 02:32 PM   #72
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
I do say in between since it is lack of AFR control.
Gain wise, JB4 Stage 2 is more once you do methanol injection.
Oh, just to clear this up for the readers. JB4 Stage 2 only available for 35i / N55 motor.
For 50i / N63tu motor, BMS only have Stage 1 available. This one I would say neck to neck with RaceChip.
I agree, you're probably right because of the extra connections and what the Stage 2 accesses. However, install and removal wise, it does make it a bit more annoying, lol especially for those that aren't very familiar with mods or tinkering with engines.
      01-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #73
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree, you're probably right because of the extra connections and what the Stage 2 accesses. However, install and removal wise, it does make it a bit more annoying, lol especially for those that aren't very familiar with mods or tinkering with engines.
True, that's why I rarely recommend the JB4 Stage 2, unless they really know how or know someone who can help them on the installation.
Even on the Stage 1, there is a way to tweak it, but I usually don't recommend it since we as human, tend to try pushing the limit. There should be some 2/3/4/5/6 series owner that has done it and have a good data on it. But, I would rather jump on the JB4 Stage 2 just to be on the safe side.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 12:38 AM   #74
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Thanks to Ben I got my grills finally on!!! World of a difference
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-15-2015, 12:40 AM   #75
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Also got my rear iND painted reflectors on as well tonight.

The fronts I have but will have to wait since its a little more intrusive than I would've hoped to change them up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 12:48 AM   #76
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Another shot of the reflectors install and how it went along
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-15-2015, 02:44 PM   #77
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Cahnged thread to my build thread. All updates will be posted here as well as official photo and videography.

All have been warned.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #78
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taran.J View Post
Cahnged thread to my build thread. All updates will be posted here as well as official photo and videography.

All have been warned.
I kind of like red reflectors in the back, but if you wanted all white, you had to go with this. I wish the front reflectors were this easy to remove... I hate the amber reflectors and would swap them for clear reflectors in a heart beat if they were easy to swap. I will probably just tint over them or just plastidip them black.
      01-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #79
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
Quote:

All have been warned.
I kind of like red reflectors in the back, but if you wanted all white, you had to go with this. I wish the front reflectors were this easy to remove... I hate the amber reflectors and would swap them for clear reflectors in a heart beat if they were easy to swap. I will probably just tint over them or just plastidip them black.
So do I but as everything it all comes down to personal preference and for me whatever parts I am handed for the car if they are within tasteful standards I will go fourth with the build.

Also agree with you completely on the front reflectors, if somebody can make us vinyl based off our paints I would still pay as much as the actual reflectors since it would save so much time. But I'll have to make time for these since they've been sitting in my garage since I put my order in on the X5
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 04:24 PM   #80
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So do I but as everything it all comes down to personal preference and for me whatever parts I am handed for the car if they are within tasteful standards I will go fourth with the build.

Also agree with you completely on the front reflectors, if somebody can make us vinyl based off our paints I would still pay as much as the actual reflectors since it would save so much time. But I'll have to make time for these since they've been sitting in my garage since I put my order in on the X5
They're actually very easy to install. I think there are 2 removable clips that holds them in place in the wheel well. I'll ask my friend for full details at how he removed and wrapped mine.
      01-15-2015, 04:24 PM   #81
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

They're actually very easy to install. There's a removable clip that holds them in place in the wheel well. I'll ask my friend for full details at how he removed and wrapped mine.
Yeah check around. Only thing I found was Ben's install and he had a bunch of stuff to remove lol
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #82
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah check around. Only thing I found was Ben's install and he had a bunch of stuff to remove lol
Yeah, he did a great job for the DIY, but it is not that difficult after my friend showed me how he removed mine. I'll get more info when I can. I was going to take pictures and get the info sooner, but I've just been so busy while he's been finishing it up; I haven't been down there in a while to check and ask.
      01-15-2015, 04:38 PM   #83
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, he did a great job for the DIY, but it is not that difficult after my friend showed me how he removed mine. I'll get more info when I can. I was going to take pictures and get the info sooner, but I've just been so busy while he's been finishing it up; I haven't been down there in a while to check and ask.
No worries bro, I won't have time until Saturday to do it if that. Trying to wrap it up by next week and then get the roof and wheels situated. Ordered those Eibach Pro Kit springs so I guess I'm the test mule unless somebody installs them before me
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #84
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Opasha, please do.
Last instructions I saw involved removing the wheel and wheel well to replace those small reflectors!
      01-15-2015, 11:59 PM   #85
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Will certainly wait for your response, Opasha. I've been checking the sidemarkers out and I just don't see a probable way to remove them by popping them out without damaging the surrounding area. The rears seem like there is more room with which to fit a pry tool.
The fender liner seems to have the plastic push-pin screws, which are very easy/simple to release if they're anything like the ones on my MB. BTW, the Benz DOES require you to remove the liner in order to access the sidemarkers. German engineering right?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 12:51 AM   #86
pdawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 XDrive 35i

Quote:
Look forward to that, debating whether to tint them or get the painted ones from IND.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 10:17 AM   #87
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
Will certainly wait for your response, Opasha. I've been checking the sidemarkers out and I just don't see a probable way to remove them by popping them out without damaging the surrounding area. The rears seem like there is more room with which to fit a pry tool.
The fender liner seems to have the plastic push-pin screws, which are very easy/simple to release if they're anything like the ones on my MB. BTW, the Benz DOES require you to remove the liner in order to access the sidemarkers. German engineering right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
Look forward to that, debating whether to tint them or get the painted ones from IND.
There are no clear markers as far as you guys know, right?
      01-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #88
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doanster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg View Post
There are no clear markers as far as you guys know, right?
No in Europe they're bumpers just don't come with reflectors. So no more clears
Appreciate 0