BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5M (F85) and X6M (F86) Forum

01-10-2016, 09:02 PM   #45
Pevvex
Rep
Drives: M

X6M is far away from ugly.

I found it funny, many people, who criticize BMW X6M never driven one and I guess never even owned any M car.
They focus on how does it look like but have no idea what this car is all about.
I own X6M and M4 and had few M cars over the years.
When u drive X6M u sudenly realize cars like M4 aren't fun any more.
In fact I found M4 as the worst M car I owned and had them few.

U find X6M amazing for everyday use and great for track or any fun driving.
This car surprise u every way so u forgetting how does it look like.
I belive X6M is great looking car so I didn't have to convince my self after driving experience but still like it even more every day.

Merc is pretty good looking car as well not sure how diferent is to drive.
Range is the luxury type so taking it into consideration is still pretty fast.

I suggest u test drive one and judge any M car from driver experience instead of the way they look. They are made for drivers not for best looking car competition. They still look great anyway in my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 01:14 AM   #46
AlexLou1222
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X6M 2014 X1

I never liked any of the so-called 4 door coupes, Cls, Rs7, besides 6 serious gran coupe. Even more so on the panamera, X4, GLE. But X6M is the only one I think it looks cool, and I don't even like the standard X6. I have had many cars (100+), and very picky on the cars I buy, but I find it I like my X6 M more and more
      01-11-2016, 03:09 AM   #47
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

I'll take the RR based on looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 08:57 PM   #48
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pevvex
I found it funny, many people, who criticize BMW X6M never driven one and I guess never even owned any M car.
They focus on how does it look like but have no idea what this car is all about.

I belive X6M is great looking car so I didn't have to convince my self after driving experience but still like it even more every day.

I suggest u test drive one and judge any M car from driver experience instead of the way they look. They are made for drivers not for best looking car competition. They still look great anyway in my eyes.
In theory I'd like to agree with this, but I don't know a single auto enthusiast who doesn't highly prioritize design aesthetics when considering whether or not to spend $100k+ on a car...or any amount, for that matter. It's hugely important, as superficial as it may be.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 02:29 AM   #49
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pevvex

In theory I'd like to agree with this, but I don't know a single auto enthusiast who doesn't highly prioritize design aesthetics when considering whether or not to spend $100k+ on a car...or any amount, for that matter. It's hugely important, as superficial as it may be.
Looks is important, and not just cars for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 12:14 PM   #50
Sidaarth
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5 f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuntyb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffe
The GLE looks like Rocky Dennis as an suv
I approve of this reference
I second that!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 03:11 PM   #51
Too__Hu///Mble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X6 ///M

Call It Gumbo

The feel of a 7, the look of a Grand Coupé, handling of a 3, practicality of a truck and speed of a 6
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 03:35 PM   #52
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

One of the most useless drag race to date...
      01-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #53
jcfay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Compared to the other oh-so-relevant and useful drag races? Jeez...
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 10:38 PM   #54
HappyMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfay
Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
Compared to the other oh-so-relevant and useful drag races? Jeez...
Lol
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #55
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Had a 2016 RR SVR for all of 40 days. Least amount of time I have ever kept a vehicle. Nice things about it came down to two things: the exhaust (epic) and the transmissions (shifts faster than the X5/6M in fastest shift mode). Other than that, looks are a subjective things. While I liked it from certain perspectives, the rear end still made me thing twice most of the time.

What killed it? Well, it's hard when you have had BMW's for a while. Think about iDrive. While it seems odd to factor in the infotainment system into the consideration of which car is better, the fact is that manufacturers have made them a necessary consideration because it is often how we interface with the vehicle. This is more true in the RR SVR as hard switches are forsaken for touch screen controls. In the cold of winter, the screen has major delays. Overnight in mid December, when the temperature overnight was -18C, the following morning the screen was slow to start and took 15 attempts to accept a finger touch. As many have said, in a +130K vehicle (CDN), that just isn't acceptable. Other oddities? Let me list them:

1) try selecting music in your iPhone or iPod. It's like working on an old DOS computer. You have to reach over to the the right side of the screen to press an arrow down to scroll down either one or five songs at a time. Hmm, can you say distracted driving ticket?

2) very poor camera, not only for resolution but functionality for overhead display

3) seats utterly uncomfortable for long drives. It would be nice if they would have give a choice between their racing inspired buckets and the ones in the regular RR's.

4) No seat ventilation. OK, I have been driving for over 25 years and they are not a necessity per se, but when other ones have it at this price point? Another reason for the seats in the regular RR's.

5) as mentioned by another person, back seats don't fold down very well and cargo space is limited in vertical height because the load floor is higher than in the X5M. We have two houses and I often take a single stage snow blower between the two. I fold over the handle, lift it into the boot, and close the door. At least in the X5 that worked very well. Had to disassemble the shoot in order to make this fit in the back of the RR SVR.

6) BIG PISS OFF: the damn vehicle, unless in horny dynamic mode, will start in second gear in their winter mode. Honestly? I don't need a vehicle to force me to start in second gear when my first six years of driving were in a 400cubic inch RWD ford station wagon on worn out all seasons in crazy winter snow. On top of that, I don't care what people say, but NOTHING performs like Xdrive in the winter. Tried them all. Closest thing to it is 4Matic and even that is a little too invasive. RR's winter driving program is a POS.

Are these deal killers. No way. First world problems my friends on an individual level. Cumulatively, it just irks me when I spend that much money for something and there is that much that has not been thought out.

So, in December, following Xmas, we are drivinf from Edmonton to Calgary to see my inlaws. My wife is getting ready and instead of waiting, I let her know I am going for a brief drive and to get some gas for the RR. There is a BMW dealership near their house. I go over and see a nice black on red X5M. Like it, but this vehicle is ultimately ending up with my wife and I just can't see her keeping it clean. Call over to the sister dealership in the same city where they have a Donington grey on Mugello Red on 21's. Deal is done later that day. Not one ounce of hesitation in getting rid of that RR.

Not sure what people see in RR's. Seems to be more of a status thing than anything else. Makes sense to me since we had more oohs and aahs from women than men.

All I can say, happy to be back in an X5M. Just thought out better and as our British friends say...just a good piece of kit. Now, let's talk again next Friday when my break in is done and the Dinan Stage 1 is put in. Shortly thereafter, rear diffuser with Eisenmann Race.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #56
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

This was supposed to be informational not an attack on the poster. I personally agree the X6 doesn't make as much sense as the X5 for either looks or practicality but to each his or her own. I absolutely love the new X5M and by virtue the X6M in the manner it drives and is usable. It puts down the power, rides great, handles way better than it should and still manages to be useful most of the time. In fact I thought going from a tuned 700+ F13 M6 to this vehicle would have been a tough transition and in fact it was the opposite. My only regret is I never got one sooner. I agree with e comments that you need to shut up before driving one, and save your comments for after an honest evaluation of the vehicle. As for drag races that is all bragging rights. Peace and out...

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 12:43 PM   #57
SF_VR6
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' X5 M-Sport / Space Gray

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
They always use an X6M in these type of reviews. Is this because it has an edge over the X5M?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 10:46 AM   #58
jcfay
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_VR6 View Post
They always use an X6M in these type of reviews. Is this because it has an edge over the X5M?
Not that I'm aware of. They should have, however. But I'm not sure the new GLE non-coupe is out yet, perhaps that was it?
Appreciate 1