BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #23
BimmerFix
Major
Rep
Drives: 24' M3 Competition RWD

I can't believe people are actually suggesting Jack3d... lates bro . Forget that and forget C4, and everything else. Everyone do yourself a favor, and go buy Vintage Blast. Check it out on Amazon. There is no comedown whatsoever, & it's more about getting you focused, than feeling like your on crack.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 06:02 PM   #24
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
I can't believe people are actually suggesting Jack3d... lates bro . Forget that and forget C4, and everything else. Everyone do yourself a favor, and go buy Vintage Blast. Check it out on Amazon. There is no comedown whatsoever, & it's more about getting you focused, than feeling like your on crack.
This is a pretty decent preworkout.

Only 1g of Beta alanine though which research shows should be closer to 2g+.

But it's missing:

BCAA
Creatine
Betaine
Huperzine
Alpha GPC

Still light years better than anything with a proprietary blend though.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 06:36 PM   #25
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

right now I'm rotating Pre-Jym and Quake 10.0...

I like both a lot even though they are caffeine heavy. As long as I keep hydrated with lots of water during and after workout I don't crash at all. Feel great all day (I work out early am and consume no other caffeine all day). Sleep great at night.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #26
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFix View Post
There is no comedown whatsoever, & it's more about getting you focused, than feeling like your on crack.
I prefer crack.
      03-27-2017, 07:03 PM   #27
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
right now I'm rotating Pre-Jym and Quake 10.0...

I like both a lot even though they are caffeine heavy. As long as I keep hydrated with lots of water during and after workout I don't crash at all. Feel great all day (I work out early am and consume no other caffeine all day). Sleep great at night.
Quake 10.0 looks solid! Rarely ever switch off of pre-jym but this may be worth a try.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #28
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Quake 10.0 looks solid! Rarely ever switch off of pre-jym but this may be worth a try.
Yeah I've been using pre-jym non stop for too long now. I cycled completely off stims for a bit and now am rotating those two (also have a tub of Pre-Kaged to try out). Give it a try. Feels different but good. PreJym seems to be a bit more intense but with Quake I get to the end of an hour in the gym and feel like I could go another full hour.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 08:28 PM   #29
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Yeah I've been using pre-jym non stop for too long now. I cycled completely off stims for a bit and now am rotating those two (also have a tub of Pre-Kaged to try out). Give it a try. Feels different but good. PreJym seems to be a bit more intense but with Quake I get to the end of an hour in the gym and feel like I could go another full hour.
I tried pre kaged a few months back, pretty similar to pre-jym but with less nootropics. I'll give it a shot!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 01:12 PM   #30
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

I've never taken a pre but this last Friday (I gym before work) I coudn't hardly do any of the volume I usually do.

Was figuring coffee but what are the benefits of pre-workouts? It's all that pink shit people carry around to drink right? lol
      04-24-2017, 03:20 PM   #31
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

I came to the conclusion that the best pre-workout for me is a 8oz cup of coffee 30mins to an hr before I head to the gym then another one right before I head out. and I have been working out pumped and always feel good. no jitters/yawning/short of breath that the crack feeling pre-work out mixes gave me.
      04-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #32
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
I've never taken a pre but this last Friday (I gym before work) I coudn't hardly do any of the volume I usually do.

Was figuring coffee but what are the benefits of pre-workouts? It's all that pink shit people carry around to drink right? lol
Pre-workouts provide a much greater benefit than just "amping you up".

Below are a few ingredients found in pretty much any preworkout and the data to show some benefits from supplementing them to your diet:

https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

https://examine.com/supplements/bran...n-amino-acids/

https://examine.com/supplements/trimethylglycine/

A lot of times I get tired of feeling so "stimmed up" when I workout, so right now I just drink creatine and BCAA before I workout.

BTW the colored drinks that people slug around in their water jugs is typically BCAA's.

I highly recommend supplementing with creatine if you do regular resistance training.. its dirt cheap.
Appreciate 1
      04-24-2017, 09:40 PM   #33
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Pre-workouts provide a much greater benefit than just "amping you up".

Below are a few ingredients found in pretty much any preworkout and the data to show some benefits from supplementing them to your diet:

https://examine.com/supplements/creatine/

https://examine.com/supplements/bran...n-amino-acids/

https://examine.com/supplements/trimethylglycine/

A lot of times I get tired of feeling so "stimmed up" when I workout, so right now I just drink creatine and BCAA before I workout.

BTW the colored drinks that people slug around in their water jugs is typically BCAA's.

I highly recommend supplementing with creatine if you do regular resistance training.. its dirt cheap.
So what does all this do in summary? Lol

I don't want any caffeine at all.

My typical workout is full body split supersetted to gain strength and rid of body fat. Baby got me dad bodded LOL

Keep intensity high to keep heart rate up with less than a minute rest. Body weight plus free weights. I know to some of you this is heresey but I'm not trying to be buff lol
      04-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #34
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Quote:

My typical workout is full body split supersetted to gain strength and rid of body fat. Baby got me dad bodded LOL

Keep intensity high to keep heart rate up with less than a minute rest. Body weight plus free weights. I know to some of you this is heresey but I'm not trying to be buff lol
In short:

Creatine supplementation leads to increased power output, muscle hydration, anaerobic cardiovascular capacity, and lean mass.

BCAAS - improves aerobic exercise, fat oxidation (fat loss), and decreased fatigue.

If you are trying to shed fat, I would recommend calculating your macronutrients here and you will easily shed fat by hitting your numbers everyday.

https://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      04-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #35
Dvdman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 and 2007 M6

Condense (Melonberry) works for me. I have tried a many. It doesn't keep me up at night.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 12:00 PM   #36
crazyhorse02
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

GAT Nitraflex has been my go to for the past two yrs. crazy pumps and not a hard crash at all.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #37
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

In short:

Creatine supplementation leads to increased power output, muscle hydration, anaerobic cardiovascular capacity, and lean mass.

BCAAS - improves aerobic exercise, fat oxidation (fat loss), and decreased fatigue.

If you are trying to shed fat, I would recommend calculating your macronutrients here and you will easily shed fat by hitting your numbers everyday.

https://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/
Just got some bcaa this weekend. Let's see the difference tomorrow morning.
      04-30-2017, 10:12 PM   #38
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

i've been using My Hyde Blue Razz...love it!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 11:00 PM   #39
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

ephedrine HCL, 24mg (I used to take up to 80mg in my crazy youth), a strong coffee

Never cared for the 'next gen' preworkouts that always made me feel like I was about to have a stroke.

50mg anadrol used to be fun when I was young, dumb and training in a 'hardcore' powerlifting gym.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 10:39 AM   #40
Mr Reality
Mr Reality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hey all,

So I was always reluctant to try pre workout because nobody knows the long-term effects; however, today I took the dive and bought two containers of C4 from Costco. Tried 1 scoop a half hour before my workout, as per the directions, and didn't feel anything. Does this stuff actually work? Is there another brand I should try?

Thanks
I am a natural bodybuilder I have 20in arms and a 50in chest I take Whey Isolate a half hour before I workout and German Creatine monohydrate after my workout. I can bench over 400 lbs. I'm not as ripped as the steriod users but I do have a six pack. Your gains should be enough to motivate you

Last edited by Mr Reality; 05-01-2017 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 10:57 AM   #41
07tundra
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 8.1L Chevy 2500hd

Erratic is the shit
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #42
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Johnny View Post
I am a natural bodybuilder I have 20in arms and a 50in chest I take Whey Isolate a half hour before I workout and German Creatine monohydrate after my workout. I can bench over 400 lbs. I'm not as ripped as the steriod users but I do have a six pack. Your gains should be enough to motivate you
Impressive bro, I was a very un-natty BBer and my biggest was 18.5" and that was a few weeks out of contest condition. Are you 6'3" or something?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 05:04 PM   #43
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Johnny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Hey all,

So I was always reluctant to try pre workout because nobody knows the long-term effects; however, today I took the dive and bought two containers of C4 from Costco. Tried 1 scoop a half hour before my workout, as per the directions, and didn't feel anything. Does this stuff actually work? Is there another brand I should try?

Thanks
bullshit

GTFO
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2017, 05:55 PM   #44
Mr Reality
Mr Reality
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Impressive bro, I was a very un-natty BBer and my biggest was 18.5" and that was a few weeks out of contest condition. Are you 6'3" or something?
Im 6ft2
Appreciate 0