ZAKSM3
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 16 M3, 15 X5 3.5d

Garage List
2016 M3  [0.00]
2015 X5 35d  [5.00]
I do not have to use a USB drive. I believe they may be cutting corners at Bavaria. Just my thought. I purchased a 3 series through them a few years back and they "loaned" me a copy of the European maps until I PCS'd.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #1322
WHTSNK
Diesel Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2014 535D

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak76 View Post
I do not have to use a USB drive. I believe they may be cutting corners at Bavaria. Just my thought. I purchased a 3 series through them a few years back and they "loaned" me a copy of the European maps until I PCS'd.
Agreed. Thanks for the input. Regardless of the maps, still excited to get back to Germany to see it in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2014, 06:22 AM   #1323
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

For everyone asking about navigation map updates, pm @shawnsheridan. I believe coding is necessary in switching from Europe to North America and vice versa in regards to your FA (whatever your region code is, you simply change it in there, and I assume VO Code HU_NBT).

I know that when you update to the latest maps, you have to get an FSC code and download the maps onto a thumb drive to load them into your iDrive.

Refer to this thread for update information regarding navigation maps: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=777905

Last edited by opasha; 12-13-2014 at 06:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #1324
Jurgen de Wit
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: For now B W

Hello new member here from the Netherlands location Amsterdam. Ordered mine X5 3.0D Glacier Silver two weeks ago. Production .....week six and delivery week 13 pffff
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 12:42 AM   #1325
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazykoh View Post
Hello all! Picked up my X5 a couple of days ago.

x35i Luxury line
Mineral silver
Terra Dakota w/ fine line oak
Premium package
Cold weather package
Driver assistance
Driver assistance plus
Multicontour seats
Harman Kardon
Window shades for my coming spawn

I couldn't be happier with it. Ordered Nov 17 evening and picked up Dec 4, so 17 days including the Thanksgiving holiday. Unreal. It's been great and a huge change from the 2012 Z4 I was driving. Pics to come.
Here are some pics. I had a hard time finding any photos of the oak trim when I was ordering, so I included a close up that shows the trim and a good idea of what the terra dakota leather looks like.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #1326
FastMarkA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e M-Sport

I'm curious to test my cheap-o-meter with opinions from you guys...

Looking at a 2014 X5 with a MSRP of $74,500. It also has 1,500 miles (so a demo in my eyes).

What would you offer given there are only 16 days left in 2014, and the car has substantial mileage?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 10:13 PM   #1327
Bo2Shelby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d

Initial Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo2Shelby View Post
I'm new to posting on the forum but have been reading all the great information that many of you share. It was tremendously helpful over the past 6 - 8 months as I settled on my purchase of the X5. Placed the order on November 1st and received the production number on 11-3. Hoping to get it before the snow starts!

xDrive 35d
Space Gray
Fineline pure wood
Cold weather pkg.
Driver assistance pkg.
Driver assistance plus
ACC Stop & Go
Dynamic Damper Control & rear air suspension
Dynamic Handling Pkg.
Mocha Interior Design pkg.
Premium
Multi Contour seats
Comfort rear seats
Rear manual window shades
Harmon Kardon
Space saver spare
Picked up my truck on December 7th and I just turned 500 miles with it and want to share my initial thoughts.
- absolutely love the mocha Nappa interior with MC seats
- the dynamic handling package is a significant improvement over the base offering. Ride is fantastic in comfort mode and a blast in sport plus mode. Trying to behave myself during the break in period though. I didn't drive any other suspension configurations so I can't speak to them.
- really enjoy the quietness of the ride. I just have the 18" wheels for the winter and will decide if it makes sense to go to larger wheels at some point in the future.
- the truck handles very well in the snow. Drove in about a foot of snow day two of having it and then through another major snowstorm during a 300 mile trip. It's not as sure footed as my wife's 4 Runner but very solid.
- the adaptive cruise control is fantastic and probably my third favorite feature behind the DHP and interior mocha & seating package.
- I have no second thoughts about going with the diesel. I averaged 25.7 MPG on the first tank which was split pretty evenly between city and highway. Like many others I love the torque with this truck. Haven't decided whether I will add the RC but I'm leaning toward it based on some of the feedback on this site.
- in my view the HK surround sound system is very good. I haven't listened to the base system or the B&O so I can't compare.
- I got the premium pkg (automatically) and really like the keyless entry but may not have ordered it if I didn't have to.
- both the cold weather package and comfort rear seats get great reviews from my kids as well as my dad who tested them out.

The last thing I'll mention is that this site has been and is a great source of information. I don't regret any of the decisions I made some of which like DHP would have been costly mistakes if I didn't end up happy with them. My hat is off to all who contribute! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #1328
SpdAddictRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 50i

Quote:
Here are some pics. I had a hard time finding any photos of the oak trim when I was ordering, so I included a close up that shows the trim and a good idea of what the terra dakota leather looks like.
Crazykoh Your interior looks great! It's making me think i might change my order!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 07:59 PM   #1329
Crazykoh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Mineral White

Garage List
2018 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpdAddictRY
Quote:
Crazykoh Your interior looks great! It's making me think i might change my order!
Thanks! I've been very happy with it. If there are any other views you'd like to see, let me know and I'll try to oblige.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 10:56 PM   #1330
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Trading in our 2012 E70 and picking up our F15 tomorrow. Going from diesel to gas as our mileage has significantly decreased. It is my wife's car and her ride, so had little if any say, lol. Black sapphire, black dakota leather, driver's assistance and driver's + package, premium package, luxury seating package, ceramic controls, manual side shades and Harmon Kardon.
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2014, 11:41 PM   #1331
turbotoy4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Garage List
2015 Porsche Macan ...  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Looks very nice, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #1332
Zopal
Rep
Drives: X5

Hi all,

Do anybody have experience, how much time is needed from Bremerhaven ? I had ordered it in September and unloaded from boat this week.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #1333
WHTSNK
Diesel Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2014 535D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopal View Post
Hi all,

Do anybody have experience, how much time is needed from Bremerhaven ? I had ordered it in September and unloaded from boat this week.
It took ours roughly 2 weeks from when it arrived at the port till it was ready for pickup at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #1334
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i & 2015 535d

Just Placed my Order

xDrive 35d
-Mineral White
-Terra Dakota Leather
-ZMM M Sport
-ZCW Cold Weather Package
-ZDA Driver Assistance Package
-ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
-ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
-ZLP Lighting Package
-ZPP Premium Package
-2PW 20" wheels
-2VF Adaptive M Suspension
-300 Space Saver Spare
-688 Harman Kardon
2014 X5 50i Carbon Black/ M Sport
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #1335
nyquistcondition
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

New X5 3.5 is home

I'll post more pics when I get another sunny day, but this will have to do for now. Brought it home Friday and I have to say I am very impressed. It is a beast in the snow even with all-seasons.

I was very concerned about the rough roads here but the suspension on the car works fine as stock. After ordering I worried about not going with M adaptive suspension but it looks like things are just fine as is.

Super happy with the Luxury line, thought maybe this was a mistake and the more aggressive M would be better but I love it.

The ACC Stop/Go is fantastic and works perfectly. Very impressive. Working out using the iDrive but it is going smooth. Iphone integration is working better than I expected. LED lights and auto high beams work perfectly - awesome! HK stereo is super.

Problems:

- Washer fluid sensor said things were low on a cold morning (10F). Only happened once so far.
- I noticed with car parked and running to warm up left fog light was off and right one was on. Now I can't reproduce.
- Small ding in A-pillar headliner interior when I picked it up. Not sure what to do about that. Irritating.
- Black plastic of driver seat near seat controls has a mottled look, like scratches but not really scratches. Maybe I should take a pic.
- I decided to skip the comfort seats. That was a mistake as the stock really don't have a lot of side support. Should have spent more time comparing these.

Thinking of coding VLD and Enhanced Bluetooth. I have a cable but need to investigate SW and know how. Lots of good things to read first from Opasha and co.

Thanks to everyone on this board for the help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 08:56 AM   #1336
jmag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 5.0 M-Sport

Might buy this

My first post and here's my F15 story.

I contacted my local dealer, Hilton Head BMW, to see if they were going to get in a X5 5.0 with the M Sport pkg and some other bells and whistles I'd like in a new X5. They didn't have any in inventory or any on the way, but they were able to track down one on a truck going down to West Palm Beach. I gave them a $2500 deposit to have it brought up here as it has most of what I'm looking for in a X5. I didn't want to build and order as I've been told there's less room to negotiate. Now that I've had them do all this work, have I significantly weakened my negotiation position? The MSRP is $82250 and the True Car value is $79060. Bottom line is I'd like to get this one before the end of the year (business and tax reasons). Do you think I'll be able to get the True Car value? If I can't, it's not a deal killer and I'll probably still get the car. My 2009 X5 3.0 has a slight oil leak and with +$92k miles, so time to get a new one.

Here's incoming the X5:
2015 5.0 M Sport
Carbon Black
Fineline pure wood trim
Mocha Design w mocha nappa leather
Executive pkg
Active Drivign Asst Plus
20" M double spoke wheels
Enhanced BT
Standard suspension

Things I'd like (don't need) in my ideal build the to would pay for
M suspension
Night vision (lots of deer on the highways and people walking on the road in dark clothes where I live)

I'm also going to get a trailer hitch placed (towing a boat) by the dealer. This might be a negotiating point. Anyone have success with this?

Once I get it, I'll hardwire my V1 with the SAVVY (the posts in this have Ben great as I've been a little shy to do any mods myself in th past). Later on, Dinan upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 09:35 AM   #1337
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmag View Post
My first post and here's my F15 story.

I contacted my local dealer, Hilton Head BMW, to see if they were going to get in a X5 5.0 with the M Sport pkg and some other bells and whistles I'd like in a new X5. They didn't have any in inventory or any on the way, but they were able to track down one on a truck going down to West Palm Beach. I gave them a $2500 deposit to have it brought up here as it has most of what I'm looking for in a X5. I didn't want to build and order as I've been told there's less room to negotiate. Now that I've had them do all this work, have I significantly weakened my negotiation position? The MSRP is $82250 and the True Car value is $79060. Bottom line is I'd like to get this one before the end of the year (business and tax reasons). Do you think I'll be able to get the True Car value? If I can't, it's not a deal killer and I'll probably still get the car. My 2009 X5 3.0 has a slight oil leak and with +$92k miles, so time to get a new one.

Here's incoming the X5:
2015 5.0 M Sport
Carbon Black
Fineline pure wood trim
Mocha Design w mocha nappa leather
Executive pkg
Active Drivign Asst Plus
20" M double spoke wheels
Enhanced BT
Standard suspension

Things I'd like (don't need) in my ideal build the to would pay for
M suspension
Night vision (lots of deer on the highways and people walking on the road in dark clothes where I live)

I'm also going to get a trailer hitch placed (towing a boat) by the dealer. This might be a negotiating point. Anyone have success with this?

Once I get it, I'll hardwire my V1 with the SAVVY (the posts in this have Ben great as I've been a little shy to do any mods myself in th past). Later on, Dinan upgrades.
You say your build comes with Standard Suspension. Have you driven a car with Standard and compared with one with Adaptive Suspension?
In UK M Sport comes with AS but I would not have an F15 with Standard Suspension.
Well publicised on this site the technical differences.
I'd suggest you test drive both and then commit.
Just my 4 pennies worth.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #1338
jmag
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
You say your build comes with Standard Suspension. Have you driven a car with Standard and compared with one with Adaptive Suspension?
In UK M Sport comes with AS but I would not have an F15 with Standard Suspension.
Well publicised on this site the technical differences.
I'd suggest you test drive both and then commit.
Just my 4 pennies worth.
We don't have much in the way of twisty roads in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and there's no track in this car's future. Mostly flat and straight roads around here (much to my chagrin), so i figured an advanced suspension setup wouldn't be a deal killer. I'll be sure to test one out though. Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #1339
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We don't have much in the way of twisty roads in the Lowcountry of South Carolina and there's no track in this car's future. Mostly flat and straight roads around here (much to my chagrin), so i figured an advanced suspension setup wouldn't be a deal killer. I'll be sure to test one out though. Thanks for the tip!

The DHP is actually very comfortable compared to standard suspension you should drive it before you make your decision
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #1340
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

I concur with the others on not getting a X5 with the standard suspension.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2014, 11:21 AM   #1341
jmag
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delviacv2 View Post
The DHP is actually very comfortable compared to standard suspension you should drive it before you make your decision
Is it worth $4500 though? Plus, no dealers in the area have one with it optioned in any X5 model.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2014, 11:49 AM   #1342
delviacv2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Is it worth $4500 though? Plus, no dealers in the area have one with it optioned in any X5 model.
Yes from the 20 minutes test drive I did to each X5 with the wife and my 2 kids on the back seat, I droved a 35d with DHP Mineral white and a blue 35i with standart suspension after the test drive I ask them how they like it and all 3 of them said the blue one is too hard" "the white one is more comfy", I was expecting the DHP to be super hard but it was all the way around, So I recomend you find a dealer that has a DHP equiped X5 and go for a test drive.
-BM3 Stage 1
Appreciate 0