BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-05-2016, 10:45 PM   #45
rexus300
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: car

I got my Bosch Icon wiper blades and put them on the 2015 X5 and WOW a HUGE impovement over the standard BWM OEM wipers. There is not a hint of streak or smear in cold weather, rain or sleet or snow. I use Bosch wipers on my Audi A8 and A7 and they are fantastic. I recommend everyone to forget the lower quality BMW wipers as I have never had good experience with them on my 3 and 5 series over the better quality Bosch wiper system.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:08 AM   #46
sbkim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i

Sorry to resurrect an old post but is there a definitive solution to the passenger side streak? I noticed that when the wipers are off, the passenger side arm actually rubs against the edge of the hood - clearly some alignment issue. Changing out the blades made no improvement.

My car is now out of warranty but curious if this is something that dealership should address given safety concerns?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #47
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Windshield wipers

In the past when this happens arms need replaced due to low tension in spring that has been my experience in the past with wipers skipping on windshield.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 11:34 PM   #48
Ssssteven
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 50i

So I can attest that as of 2020 as far as I know the problem still exists, or rather I haven't heard of a correction for it so far. I have a f15 X5 and my pattern on the passenger side is exactly the same as the pictures above here, but also with a more smearing pattern which makes the passenger view terrible looking. And in fact I've worked my way to the top of the line Bosch blades. I've went through a few sets and have determined that it's just the way the passenger side wiper arm is made, it has to be. Even when having a set of the Bosch' on, which have a color- coded warning to let you know when to think about replacing them because of weathering the blades, they eventually start to streak halfway through a new blade.

Sure I can do a trick like wiping down the blade with silicone spray on a rag to lubricate the blade but I shouldn't have to, the blade system should work as it's intended to, especially on a BMW. Ironically though while being at AutoZone in the parking lot messing with the wiper blades I've gotten into discussions with people that have completely different brands of autos, and they have had the same issue on their passenger side wiper blades. It's almost like the curve of the windshield on that side may be affecting the wiping system somehow, because the passenger side blade is usually shorter than the driver side, or some other issue may be going on. But I've tried looking at the wiper arm and I see no way to tighten or loosen the tension of it, in an attempt to force it tighter to the windshield. It can't be the quality of all of the wiper blades because I only experience this with the passenger side, never the driver side.

I see this thread was started in 2015 so has anyone had any answers yet or figured out a solution to this aggravating problem?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:16 AM   #49
andymatt1
Private First Class
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2020 45e MSport

Only one solution guys - go original Bmw wipers
A little more expensive but worth every cent

Other brands don't cut it on the x5 I'm afraid
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #50
ixlr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymatt1 View Post
Only one solution guys - go original Bmw wipers
A little more expensive but worth every cent

Other brands don't cut it on the x5 I'm afraid
I have only had OEM BMW blades on my X5. I still have this poor wiping on the passenger side issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 11:14 AM   #51
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Try to adjust the windshield washer nozzle on the passenger side.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...tem/1VnXj0cnZW
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1202707
Some people also slightly bent the wiper arm.
Appreciate 0