BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #1
Jimmie48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Xdrive35D

Issues after ECU update

This is my second time having issues with a software update at my dealer here in Dallas. The sa even told me they had to try it 3 times and do a battery "reset" whatever that means but they got it done. So I pick it up and notice that the ambient lighting looks a little weird, I chalk it up to the daylight and drive home. Then tonight go out and boom, only the dash is lit. The floor lights are all working but all the doors and backs of the front seats are not lighting at all. I saw someone found a connection problem but they just snapped the light bulb under the driver leg and it worked. Mine is working down there but as mentioned there are issues with the afforementioned.

Anyone have any ideas? I know they did mess with my drivers door as well and may have taken it apart due to a small rattle on the armrest but the floor lights on the doors are working there also. Anyway hate to get my car back in basically worse shape than when I brought it in but guess its another trip and another 2 days without it...

Thanks for the vent
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #2
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

That's an odd one for sure, and definitely frustrating. Looks like its another trip to the dealer. Only issue I've had since my last update is a change that BMW made on the coding that honks the horn when you use your fob to lock the doors while the ignition is running (ie. warm up on a cold morning, etc...). Annoying to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #3
Jimmie48
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 Xdrive35D

Yeah I honestly wish there was a fix I could try. This place loves to over fix things I'm sure they will want to rip all the strips off and replace them
Appreciate 0