BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-10-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
F15Fan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Soon to be new owner!

Hey guys – soon to be a new F15 owner so had a few questions.

The particular car I am looking at is luxury line equipped car – can the front lower grills from the Xline be installed into the luxury line bumper – seems like the silver piece and black grill behind are two separate pieces. Will those swap right into a luxury line bumper – and is the black piece behind the same? Are the front bumper & grills easy to remove?

I also would like to add the style 451 wheels and the fender flares – are the flares a common upgrade, and how difficult is the install? Anyone have any experience with the ebay sets?

Last but not least if anyone has any of these parts feel free to PM me – also will need the titanium kidney grills!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #2
IvanLZ
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

I'm pretty sure you can retrofit the lower grills. Yes the black piece just below the trim pieces is different in the luxury line and x-line. As for how easy to remove them... there are some people that were able to squeeze their hands on a hole just below the bumper and reach all the way in to release the tabs holding onto it. I tried myself because i wanted to wrap them gloss black and well i failed because my arms were too big to squeeze in. The other method would be to remove the wheels and the wheel well behind to access it.

Very common for people to fit in the fender flares. Originally if you ordered the lux line with 451 you would get painted fender flares but the x-line gets matte black plastic. I'm guessing you are looking to get the X-Line look so you can just buy and install instead of painting them. I've seen a guide somewhere over this forum. Maybe Ben can chime in about this.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 12:09 AM   #3
F15Fan
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Awesome thanks!

Anyone have experience with the aftermarket fender arches? I do want to paint them body color..
Appreciate 0