BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
hugoyeg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 528i, 2015 X5 35d

2015 X5 damaged in shipping. Options?

I ordered a 2015 X5 35d in November. It shipped in December, but we were advised by the dealership that it was damaged during shipping and was taking back by BMW.

We are now set for production in early February. I am wondering if we have any options to perhaps have some of the Freight charge refunded back to us as a result of the delay.

Perhaps beyond that, I am wondering whether what the best way to handle the situation is?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:26 PM   #2
eyeloveteeth
Private
Rep
Drives: Wood Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoyeg View Post
I ordered a 2015 X5 35d in November. It shipped in December, but we were advised by the dealership that it was damaged during shipping and was taking back by BMW.

We are now set for production in early February. I am wondering if we have any options to perhaps have some of the Freight charge refunded back to us as a result of the delay.

Perhaps beyond that, I am wondering whether what the best way to handle the situation is?
I would politely write to BMW NA and make sure they are aware of the situation.

And I would assess what it is that you are looking for that will make you feel better?

Are you in need of a vehicle? And you want to ask the dealer/BMW NA to provide you a loaner?

If it's a refund, hypothetically, you didn't pay for expedited shipping, so it's not the shipping that's the issue. But you may demand a free month of payment or w/e you deem fit.

Or maybe you want add-ons. Either way, you need to decide what it is that you feel would help satisfy your dissatisfaction.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #3
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

I had to cancel my trip to the Performance Center last February because they were closed as a result of a snow storm. This delayed me getting the car by two weeks. I called BMW NA and they offered to give me a credit for about a third of my monthly lease payment to be used on the bmw website for accessories, etc. I don't think you will get your freight costs fully reimbursed but a call to BMW N/A is definitely worth it.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0