05-11-2021, 12:39 PM   #1
Xdrive_!
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 Xdrive 40e

F15 40e FA Compare Default or Coded

Hello,

First, thank you for all the support provided in my previous thread to solve some of the issues but gave up and took it to dealer for deeper diagnosis on my e-drive. After initial replacement of 12V 90AH battery, bmw foreman has to replace 12V 50AH battery to bring e-drive back online with software update to latest, now everything is working as it supposed with few exceptions detailed below that were started after loosing both batteries. Any help is appreciated.

Above mentioned batteries were replaced by two different dealerships, when taken to dealer-1 had these faults (https://paste.pics/CG3G6) in ISTA and they cleared faults which never appeared again. Based on other threads these faults appear due to low voltage or battery disconnect.

Current concern:

Steering Play https://paste.pics/CG3J2 : I have 2 inch of play in steering that came after dead batteries including throttle change , both dealership foreman say its normal but I don't agree with them since the steering used to feel very firm and change in different drive modes (ECO, COMFORT, SPORT) accordingly. Now when I change modes acceleration changes but not steering it is loose and feels dis-oriented, I have done wheel alignment, SAS calibration via ISTA but nothing changed. On freeway steering gets firmer on high speeds above 50mph. Is this related to above faults?

dealership-2 foreman is aware of what I'm talking in regards to firmness, responsive steering, he sent an email to BMW to check if something is missing in back-end which has a chance of 40% positive response back. I'm 100% certain F15 40E is not delivered the same from factory and require full re-programming with performance updates to fix these and interested to compare FA's (VO Coding, FDL Parameters) with similar X5 to mine to see if anything is missing so I can try coding via Esys and ISTA.

From this thread I learnt drive modes can be altered https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1745233

Below is my X5 information: (if anything is missing let me know I can provide)

Year: 2016
Vehicle: F15 X5 Xdrive 40E I-Performance
Millage: 39K
Appreciate 0