SkipSauls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 35d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Funny you mention the range rover sport 2014. I saw a few last week. What a massive disappointment that vehicle is in person. Nothing like the photos.

However I didn't think the new x5 could look any worse, but this one goes to the top of the list. Now the front looks as bad as the back. This vehicle looks like a complete design disaster.
I haven't seen the RR Sport in the metal, and it's interesting to hear that it's disappointing because the photos do make it look nice. In the same vein, I haven't seen the F15 in the metal, but in general I find that BMWs look better than in the photos.

I owned a 2001 E53 3.0i, which at the time I thought was one of the best looking SUVs on the market. I didn't keep the E53 long as I needed a better tow vehicle, but I always liked the design. When spyshots and then photos of the E70 came out my first thoughts were that it looked bloated, minivan-eqsue, and that BMW had really messed up, another Bangle/Hooydonk disaster. When I saw it in the metal I fell in love with it, and knew that when I eventually needed an SUV, the E70 would be the one for me. I still like the E53, but it really looks like an old design now.

I believe that the F15 is going to look great in the metal, and the E70 is going to looked dated and a bit frumpy by comparison.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #68
///SAL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M5 ZCP

Doesn't even say x5 on the back, and if im not mistaken this was the first x5 built. If you google it they show that car with same color and same town that was going to be shipped to
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 12:07 AM   #69
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

Got to get used to the new style, again...

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
Appreciate 0