BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
chrisc151
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

WTB: 469M Staggered - Question....

... Looking to buy a set of 469M's for my X5, but OEMs are hard to come by on the open market and I don't want replicas for obvious reasons...

Has anyone ever purchased OEM BMW 469M staggered wheels from: http://www.originalwheels.com

Prices seem reasonable and selection is good, but don't know anything about them.

Thanks for any insight.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Pretty sure I saw someone selling a set in the classifieds. Did you look there?
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2017, 09:12 PM   #3
chrisc151
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Pretty sure I saw someone selling a set in the classifieds. Did you look there?
Have a PM out, but the postings are old so likely not avail.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 12:40 PM   #4
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in a lot of traffic

I was trying to get a set of 468Ms from them. They list them on the site, but not as in stock. Called and they didn't have them, but the rep was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable. They have good Google and Yelp reviews. I assume 469Ms would be a lot easier to come by.

On a side note, do not buy from autorimshop.com who also advertises these 469Ms as available. Last month I bought a set from them that were supposed to be "refinished to like new condition." After waiting a month for them to arrive they still had curb damage, runs, pits and bubbles in the finish, and one tire wasn't even holding air (did a whee/tires/TPMS package). They were very apologetic and tried unsuccessfully to source another set. The wheels are now on the way back to them for what should be a full refund, if they stand by their word. Either way, they allowed seriously subpar wheels to ship out. No quality control.
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
chrisc151
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X3=5 View Post
I was trying to get a set of 468Ms from them. They list them on the site, but not as in stock. Called and they didn't have them, but the rep was very friendly and seemed knowledgeable. They have good Google and Yelp reviews. I assume 469Ms would be a lot easier to come by.

On a side note, do not buy from autorimshop.com who also advertises these 469Ms as available. Last month I bought a set from them that were supposed to be "refinished to like new condition." After waiting a month for them to arrive they still had curb damage, runs, pits and bubbles in the finish, and one tire wasn't even holding air (did a whee/tires/TPMS package). They were very apologetic and tried unsuccessfully to source another set. The wheels are now on the way back to them for what should be a full refund, if they stand by their word. Either way, they allowed seriously subpar wheels to ship out. No quality control.
Thanks for the info and for sharing your experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #6
DuSh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 50i

Quote:

Wow that sucks man. It's time that you have to waste that always gets me. Some rims are very hard to come by and I simply don't have patience
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc151 View Post
... Looking to buy a set of 469M's for my X5, but OEMs are hard to come by on the open market and I don't want replicas for obvious reasons...

Has anyone ever purchased OEM BMW 469M staggered wheels from: http://www.originalwheels.com

Prices seem reasonable and selection is good, but don't know anything about them.

Thanks for any insight.
Would you consider reps with life time structural warranty? And at least 1 year finish warranty? I did.

Not all reps are bad. Of course if it's OEM you're after, wait it out and forum members will post.

Good luck.
Appreciate 1
DuSh2112.50
      08-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
Dirty Cash
USAF Retired
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15.50i

Garage List
Quote:

WOW! That really sucks.

What sucks the most is that I too ordered some rears from them and have been waiting since 29 July 17 and they're still "processing." Spoke w/one of their reps via e-mail and was told they had one in stock on the other was backordred and would take 2-3 weeks to get in. After reading of your situation with them, I've requested my order to be canceled and my money refunded!
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #9
Dirty Cash
USAF Retired
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Would you consider reps with life time structural warranty? And at least 1 year finish warranty? I did.

Not all reps are bad. Of course if it's OEM you're after, wait it out and forum members will post.

Good luck.
I know you posted where you got your reps from before, but refresh my memory! I'd be interested in your review of them. You did get the 469m Reps right?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #10
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Cash View Post
WOW! That really sucks.

What sucks the most is that I too ordered some rears from them and have been waiting since 29 July 17 and they're still "processing." Spoke w/one of their reps via e-mail and was told they had one in stock on the other was backordred and would take 2-3 weeks to get in. After reading of your situation with them, I've requested my order to be canceled and my money refunded!
I hate to badmouth a business, but honestly I think that's a good move. It's hard to write this off as as mistake - the wheels I received should NEVER have been sent out. In addition the issues I mentioned above, the tone of the paint didn't match between the wheels and worst of all, the face of one wheel had been so heavily refinished that the little indentation for the ///M emblem was gone completely. And so they didn't even put an ///M sticker on it, just left it blank. And two of the other wheels had the ///M upside down.

After that, I tried to find some 468Ms but no one in the US has them. I ended up working with Jesse at PK Auto Design to find something aftermarket, and he mentioned a customer who took 21" 612Ms off his X5M with like 20 miles. Those are on the way to me now.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #11
Dirty Cash
USAF Retired
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I hate to badmouth a business, but honestly I think that's a good move. It's hard to write this off as as mistake - the wheels I received should NEVER have been sent out. In addition the issues I mentioned above, the tone of the paint didn't match between the wheels and worst of all, the face of one wheel had been so heavily refinished that the little indentation for the ///M emblem was gone completely. And so they didn't even put an ///M sticker on it, just left it blank. And two of the other wheels had the ///M upside down.

After that, I tried to find some 468Ms but no one in the US has them. I ended up working with Jesse at PK Auto Design to find something aftermarket, and he mentioned a customer who took 21" 612Ms off his X5M with like 20 miles. Those are on the way to me now.
Every cloud has a silver lining!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 06:14 PM   #12
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

why not buy off ebay for 900 shipped?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Rims-469-...-/152448925286
Appreciate 1
      08-13-2017, 06:22 PM   #13
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
Yep, I bought my 599 from the same seller. If you have any questions give them a call and they're super helpful.

They'll even give you a small discount if you tell a former buyer sent you to them and that you'd buy from them directly versus going through eBay.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 08:22 PM   #14
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboawd View Post
I considered those, but personally I just wasn't that comfortable with a replica wheel. And see the Google reviews for Wheel Zone San Diego - they're not good. I hope they work out fine for you guys, it just wasn't for me.

For anyone who wants OEM wheels I think the best thing to do is just wait for the right set to come up in the classifieds.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #15
turboawd
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
I considered those, but personally I just wasn't that comfortable with a replica wheel. And see the Google reviews for Wheel Zone San Diego - they're not good. I hope they work out fine for you guys, it just wasn't for me.

For anyone who wants OEM wheels I think the best thing to do is just wait for the right set to come up in the classifieds.
i bought a set of them.
did you see my thread about it? no issues so far.
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1375539
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 12:37 PM   #16
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep

Turboawd - yes, I saw your post and even PM'ed you about it, and I appreciate your replies and review of the wheels. I too considered getting rep 469Ms from Wheel Zone SD, but my main reason was that I didn't want to wait for an OEM set to come up for sale in the classifieds. When I saw that autorimshop.com "had" them (they did not actually have em in stock), I decided to go with them. Obviously that didn't work out.

I don't think anyone can definitively say that the replicas are any more or less durable than OEM without doing a stress test on both. But I looked at this way: both wheels were seemingly available right now, why not go with OEM for a just little more money? The cost for tires, mount/balance, TPMS, shipping is all the same, so your total package cost with replicas is about $2600 or about $3000 for OEM. Didn't seem worth taking a chance. I'm not in any way saying I have reason to believe the replica wheels are bad, just that I have more confidence that the BMW designed wheel will perform well than the replica.

And I would say the same about many aftermarket wheels too.
Appreciate 0