BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #1
Zamorskii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CX

Looking for Wire Colors on LED Headlight Plug

I am working on a 2015 X5 with LED lights that had some wires butchered. One of few items left is to figure out wires color coding on driver's side plug. Can somebody with LED optioned lights pop the hood and snap a few pictures of the plug that goes in the headlight? A couple good shots from both sides to show me how to connect a replacement plug that I already have is all I need. If possible, send them through text at 612-226-3386.

Here is a link to a thread with some background on the project http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=852511
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #2
MattBianco
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35d msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamorskii View Post
I am working on a 2015 X5 with LED lights that had some wires butchered. One of few items left is to figure out wires color coding on driver's side plug. Can somebody with LED optioned lights pop the hood and snap a few pictures of the plug that goes in the headlight? A couple good shots from both sides to show me how to connect a replacement plug that I already have is all I need. If possible, send them through text at 612-226-3386.

Here is a link to a thread with some background on the project http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=852511

07-07-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Zamorskii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CX

So I connected everything and apparently I still need to bring the car in for coding since one of my lights is brand new. I also looked at an X5 on a dealer's lot and the wiring is the same as Matt's.
Appreciate 0