BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-14-2016, 12:49 AM   #23
megabmw
Private
Rep
Drives: GT 630dx and i3

This just a part of the adaptive headlight functions and not weird at all, just you guys in US that is not used to see active headlights. In Europe all brands now have headlights that is dancing around all the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 04:05 AM   #24
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabmw View Post
This just a part of the adaptive headlight functions and not weird at all, just you guys in US that is not used to see active headlights. In Europe all brands now have headlights that is dancing around all the time.

Negative.. Completely wrong assertion. i will explain below but keep in mind that i have 2 US spec cars with HBA and i live in Germany.

i know im somewhat late to this party but i think this is still worth looking into.

My observations...

i have an US Spec F25 and a US Spec F80 and once i code the GFHBA to both cars i develop the same problem the OP has. I believe it is some setting within to coding that is causing this. On German cars with Glare Free high beam assist the pattern is normal and both headlights are lit equally. i have observed that the US cars have the beam pattern as per US regulations ( _ _ _ / )
where as the ECE spec cars have the ( _ / _ / )

i have also observed that my cars uncoded will have the US beam patter and both headlights are lit even.

Now this is where the kicker is... If i place both the F25 and F80 both with GFHBA coded, against a wall and place them in reverse you will see the beam pattern go from US to ECE and back to US once you disengage reverse... If you observe the headlights while in reverse, you will notice that they are evenly lit. i have been trying to hunt down where the setting might be within all the modules involve but there are just to many modules and combinations to effectively test... I am not experienced enough with esys to track changes on platforms for different markets. So these headlight are capable of the ECE pattern but for some reason will not activate this in any other drive mode other than reverse.

Any help from the gurus will be appreciated.

Sorry for the typos ect... English is not my first language so please don't bring this up. My grammar is beyond the scope of this thread and you are just trying to be an asshole.

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 04-21-2017 at 04:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 04:41 AM   #25
PeanutButterJellyTime
'06 525xi, '14 435xi, '17 X5 50i, '16 428xi GC
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 428xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Negative.. Completely wrong assertion. i will explain below but keep in mind that i have 2 US spec cars with HBA and i live in Germany.

i know im somewhat late to this party but i think this is still worth looking into.

My observations...

i have an US Spec F25 and a US Spec F80 and once i code the GFHBA to both cars i develop the same problem the OP has. I believe it is some setting within to coding that is causing this. On German cars with Glare Free high beam assist the pattern is normal and both headlights are lit equally. i have observed that the US cars have the beam pattern as per US regulations ( _ _ _ / )
where as the ECE spec cars have the ( _ / _ / )

Sorry for the typos ect... English is not my first language so please don't bring this up. My grammar is beyond the scope of this thread and you are just trying to be an asshole.
Your English is just fine. I wouldn't have guessed it was your second language and I understood everything.

I just don't quite understand the diagram that you tried to depict above. It may be nothing but I noticed that when I switch my headlights to auto my left beam only dance around. My right beam would just go up and then down. Would this be considered the difference between the ECE and the NA coded GFHB?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #26
janexus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
The vehicle was coded with 100% LED Corona Lights and the issue went away.
There was no other way to resolve it without having one LED out or the beam looking like it was dipped in Tourist Solution mode.
The way it sits now is standard beam pattern with the EU/ROW Anti-Dazzle coded. Everything works as designed and has the appropriate beam pattern.
Just to clarify, does "standard beam pattern" mean you no longer coded in VLD and now only coded AGHB plus 100% LED corona rings? Getting ready to code these wonderful features in.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #27
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Standard beam pattern means it is back to LHD with rings at 100%. The dipped RHD style beam pattern is gone.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #28
janexus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 35i

Ok got it, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 04:31 AM   #29
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButterJellyTime View Post
Your English is just fine. I wouldn't have guessed it was your second language and I understood everything.

I just don't quite understand the diagram that you tried to depict above. It may be nothing but I noticed that when I switch my headlights to auto my left beam only dance around. My right beam would just go up and then down. Would this be considered the difference between the ECE and the NA coded GFHB?
Thanks... i appreciate the comments...

When you turn on your car and the lights come on during Auto mode your will see a swipe up and down then back up... i believe this is just calibration of some sort on the headlight logic.

the beam pattern diagram i depicted is when the head lights project on the road...

if you place your car in front of your garage door or facing a wall at night and your observe your beam pattern your will see that US spec cars have a straight line from left towards the right till about 85 percent where you will see a break of the horizontal line going up... kind of a hill or hump of light and the then re dips back to the original horizontal line...

On European cars the vehicles have this hump on both sides... going from left to right at around 25 percent and then again on around 85 percent... all else is a straight horizontal line of light...

A good example would be this...

US Spec

Euro Spec LHD

Euro Spec RHD

Euro BMW cars have something called Tourist Mode where by enabling this setting drivers can inverse their headlight patterns when they visit an opposite hand drive country... example Germans in the UK and British in France....

I have coded this in my X3... but the damn half headlight problem the OP has showed exists in my X3 and M3 and it looks kinda cheesy...

The only way i see the Euro beam pattern on the wall is if i place the cars in reverse. I can clearly see the Euro beam pattern...
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #30
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

UPDATE!!!

i may have found the parameters that cause the drivers side headlight to not lit evenly. modifying these parameters makes the headlight light up evenly and GFHBA seems to still work...

However in all the testing done, i think it does come with other symptoms as it seem that my street light detection settings stop working as a result. I need to perform more testing to make sure this is being cause by the modified parameters in LSM 43 and LSM 44. stay tuned.!
Appreciate 1
      04-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #31
PeanutButterJellyTime
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks... i appreciate the comments...

When you turn on your car and the lights come on during Auto mode your will see a swipe up and down then back up... i believe this is just calibration of some sort on the headlight logic.

the beam pattern diagram i depicted is when the head lights project on the road...

if you place your car in front of your garage door or facing a wall at night and your observe your beam pattern your will see that US spec cars have a straight line from left towards the right till about 85 percent where you will see a break of the horizontal line going up... kind of a hill or hump of light and the then re dips back to the original horizontal line...

On European cars the vehicles have this hump on both sides... going from left to right at around 25 percent and then again on around 85 percent... all else is a straight horizontal line of light...

A good example would be this...

US Spec

Euro Spec LHD

Euro Spec RHD

Euro BMW cars have something called Tourist Mode where by enabling this setting drivers can inverse their headlight patterns when they visit an opposite hand drive country... example Germans in the UK and British in France....

I have coded this in my X3... but the damn half headlight problem the OP has showed exists in my X3 and M3 and it looks kinda cheesy...

The only way i see the Euro beam pattern on the wall is if i place the cars in reverse. I can clearly see the Euro beam pattern...

I understand now. Thanks.

I never noticed on my f15 but I did notice it on my e60 hid. I have to go against a wall later to see.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #32
PeanutButterJellyTime
Canada
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE!!!

i may have found the parameters that cause the drivers side headlight to not lit evenly. modifying these parameters makes the headlight light up evenly and GFHBA seems to still work...

However in all the testing done, i think it does come with other symptoms as it seem that my street light detection settings stop working as a result. I need to perform more testing to make sure this is being cause by the modified parameters in LSM 43 and LSM 44. stay tuned.!
Wouldn't it better just to VO code then code again?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 02:23 AM   #33
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wouldn't it better just to VO code then code again?
I have tried that. i also tried VO coding every module in the car and not just the ones that are involved in GFHBA. The problem with street light detection remains as soon as i code the LSM modules... doesn't work anymore for some reason. I am inclined to revert the vehicle completely back to stock and then try again...
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 02:29 AM   #34
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I understand now. Thanks.

I never noticed on my f15 but I did notice it on my e60 hid. I have to go against a wall later to see.
yeah.. it is more noticeable with projectors than reflectors but that is the design in general.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 02:52 AM   #35
PeanutButterJellyTime
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have tried that. i also tried VO coding every module in the car and not just the ones that are involved in GFHBA. The problem with street light detection remains as soon as i code the LSM modules... doesn't work anymore for some reason. I am inclined to revert the vehicle completely back to stock and then try again...
That's what I would do and have done in the past. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 02:55 AM   #36
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

i just noticed the the F15 has two different set of modules for GFHBA so the fix that will be provided once i get all the kinks worked out will be only for prod July 2015 and older. I want to involve someone that owns F15 with GFHBA enabled and working properly to help me test.

Please PM me for details if interested.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2017, 06:58 AM   #37
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
i just noticed the the F15 has two different set of modules for GFHBA so the fix that will be provided once i get all the kinks worked out will be only for prod July 2015 and older. I want to involve someone that owns F15 with GFHBA enabled and working properly to help me test.

Please PM me for details if interested.
Exciting development. I will certainly test fix once you have it worked out as it's still an issue for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:15 PM   #38
t33h00
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive35i

I have a 2014 X5 F15 xDrive35i and have the similar issues after anti-hazzed coding too.
Did you guy figure out how to fix it?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 06:25 AM   #39
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by t33h00 View Post
I have a 2014 X5 F15 xDrive35i and have the similar issues after anti-hazzed coding too.
Did you guy figure out how to fix it?
Thanks
It's a function of VLD and completely normal despite the grumbling from some other members. In City Mode, the driver's side Spot Rise is dimmed and the headlamp angled out 7'. As speed increases, the lamp swivels back towards center and the intensity is increased.
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      03-21-2018, 06:29 AM   #40
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
It's a function of VLD and completely normal despite the grumbling from some other members. In City Mode, the driver's side Spot Rise is dimmed and the headlamp angled out 7'. As speed increases, the lamp swivels back towards center and the intensity is increased.
Not quite, i have driven F31 loaners here in Germany that have GFHBA and they do not behave this way.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 06:40 AM   #41
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Not quite, i have driven F31 loaners here in Germany that have GFHBA and they do not behave this way.
This is a year old....
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 06:44 AM   #42
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep

so? information doesn't decay or spoil and there is someone always looking for information and answers to their questions.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 07:18 AM   #43
mkdan2004
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
I have full adaptive LED, EURO version, not coded. My headlamps also behave like this. I have to say i am inclined to agree with @lemetier. I have witnessed it myself on another F15. He was driving in the lane right of me at a lower speed and his left headlamp was not "completely lit". Just as i passed by him, he accelerated without changing the lane or direction and his left headlamp lighted fully, i could see it in my mirror.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 07:33 AM   #44
CatalinP
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 2014 3.0xd

That is absolutely correct. Mine does it also.
Appreciate 0