Built 4th Jan
30d (same as US 35d)
White
MSport pack
Terra Dakota leather
7 seater
HK sound (amazing actually)
Panoramic Roof
451 wheels (one of two wheel options on the Msport on Aus)
Sports front seats (standard for Msport) and comfort rear (standard for 7 seater)

Lovely to drive and in sport mode there is almost no body roll at all. Was worried the suspension with Msport package would be too harsh esp with 20" wheels but it is actually more comfortable to drive than my Msport 5 series.
Will get some better photos tomorrow of the interior because all the photos seems to come out far too orange when in reality it is much more brown.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-07-2014, 02:01 AM   #2
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Sweet!!!

Z.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 03:19 AM   #3
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Congratulations.

Built 4th January..what part of Oz do you live in that takes 2 months to deliver!

How's the HK???
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 04:10 AM   #4
soupratt
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 520d

Build start was 4th, though i don't think it left the US till the end of Jan. It arrived in Melbourne on the 28th of Feb (the ship had 2 stops along the way, first in Brisbane and then in Sydney)

HK is actually very good. Far better than the standard system in the 5 series. I have not heard the stock X5 system or the BO but the HK will do me very well. Interestingly, I thought someone mentioned there were no equaliser settings but on my sound menu you can adjust about 10 different frequencies.

Just a couple of things I can't sort out. Bluetooth audio works fine when using the standard music player on my Android phone (LG G2) but will not play any sound when using Spotify (which is odd because Spotify via Bluetooth worked very well in the F10). And it isn't just on the Android. Spotify via bluetooth doesn't work on my wife's iPhone either. It will only work when phone connected via USB.

The other issues is the lack of connectivity. I don't seem to have Internet or BMW apps in ConnectDrive. Internet was supposed to be a standard feature and will follow it up with BMW Tuesday. I can connect the phones via Bluetooth and have Bluetooth tethering setup. I have also updated the phone software on the i-Drive bit no luck.

Last edited by soupratt; 03-07-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 04:50 AM   #5
nikolaras
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0D

Have you got the HUD or driving assistance paket...??
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Smart - I've chosen the same colour combination though with the Aluminium trim - looks good in the sunshine!

Can I ask which instrument cluster you have? does it have the full width TFT panel across the bottom half?

A picture would be good if you don't mind!
      03-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #7
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupratt View Post
Build start was 4th, though i don't think it left the US till the end of Jan. It arrived in Melbourne on the 28th of Feb (the ship had 2 stops along the way, first in Brisbane and then in Sydney)

HK is actually very good. Far better than the standard system in the 5 series. I have not heard the stock X5 system or the BO but the HK will do me very well. Interestingly, I thought someone mentioned there were no equaliser settings but on my sound menu you can adjust about 10 different frequencies.

Just a couple of things I can't sort out. Bluetooth audio works fine when using the standard music player on my Android phone (LG G2) but will not play any sound when using Spotify (which is odd because Spotify via Bluetooth worked very well in the F10). And it isn't just on the Android. Spotify via bluetooth doesn't work on my wife's iPhone either. It will only work when phone connected via USB.

Yeah, its a long way 'down under' .

The other issues is the lack of connectivity. I don't seem to have Internet or BMW apps in ConnectDrive. Internet was supposed to be a standard feature and will follow it up with BMW Tuesday. I can connect the phones via Bluetooth and have Bluetooth tethering setup. I have also updated the phone software on the i-Drive bit no luck.
WRT Connectivity..do you use the Snap-In Adaptor?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 05:08 AM   #8
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Looks great. Correct the Terra pic's come out red when in fact they are more tan.
The HK equalizer, someone was asking about the sweet spot rather than stating lack of one. Enjoy your rides.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 06:16 AM   #9
soupratt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaras View Post
Have you got the HUD or driving assistance paket...??
Yes, HUD is standard on all but the most basic model. I have the Lane Departure Warning, Forward Collision Warning and Pedestrian Warning with light city braking function. I didn't get the Driver's Plus which has the active cruise control.

Also got Blind spot monitoring, Auto parking (which is great fun as it controls braking and accelerator as well). The surround view is great. Also got the 4 zone aircon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saggo View Post
Smart - I've chosen the same colour combination though with the Aluminium trim - looks good in the sunshine!

Can I ask which instrument cluster you have? does it have the full width TFT panel across the bottom half?

I have the full width TFT panel which I think is standard for Australia. Will try and get a photo tomorrow.

Each country seems to have specific options which are standard. Australia often packs a lot of options in their mid and higher range models. In the US they seem to offer the basic car and then everything is an option.

The Australian option list is here and it tells you what is standard on specific models.

http://www.bmw.com.au/com/en/newvehi...spec-guide.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
WRT Connectivity..do you use the Snap-In Adaptor?
No, just Bluetooth and USB connection. I don't think that is the issue with Spotify as it worked well on my 5 series.

Anyway, just a quick update after a bit of driving.

The Adaptive M suspension is great (2VF I think). Hardly any body roll even in comfort setting but it soaks up crappy roads very very well. Far better than the stock Msport (non-adaptive) in the 5 series which was a lot harder. The sports seats are extremely comfortable. I was a little worried that I should have chosen the Multi-comfort seats but the sports are fine and far more comfortable than the sports seats in the F10 Msport.

This is what the MSport package has in Australia

Quote:
The optional M Sport package accentuates the dynamic character of the BMW X5. Bumper and running boards in body colour as well as entry sills with the M logo are only the first in a long line of powerful and sporting impressions.
Not even the wind can resist it: A front apron with larger air inlets, side sills with an additional light strip and a rear apron with diffusor optimise the pressure on the rear axle at high vehicle speeds. Even more sportiness is provided by the Adaptive M suspension (containing Dynamic Damping Control and air suspension) and the 20” M Double spoke 469 light-alloy wheels with mixed tyres. (451 an no cost option)

The new-generation M multifunction leather steering wheel not only sits perfectly in the driver’s hand, but also offers comfortable gear changes thanks to the shift paddles. Sport seats in optional Alcantara/leather with the M logo offer optimum stability even for the sportiest driving styles. The interior is rounded off by top-quality interior trim strips in Aluminium Hexagon, M entry sills and the BMW Individual headliner in Anthracite.

Last edited by soupratt; 03-07-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #10
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

WOW - what a fantastic 'standard' spec you have in Australia, jealous is an understatement!

In the UK we even have to pay extra for a light in the speedo so we can see how fast we're going in the dark!
      03-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
xDrive30dGeorge
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d SE 2007

Yeah that is an awesome base spec for Australia. But if I remember correctly the base spec costs an arm and a leg. And at that price I would probably expect a lot of the gizmos as standard.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
w4termelon
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 M sport 40d

Quote:

Concerning internet connectivity and connectedDrive stuffs, if it is not done yet, I think you have to register your car somewhere on BMW website to active services. maybe your CA can help you about that (if you ordered theses options of course).
Appreciate 1
      03-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #13
DrDoreen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

Garage List
2020 BMW X6 M50i  [0.00]
2014 BMW X5  [9.34]
Very, very nice! Congratulations!!!
      03-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #14
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

When I read the Australian spec sheet, I seem to remember reading that internet connectivity is via the customers mobile phone (USB tethering I guess)
Might be worth a read!
      03-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #15
soupratt
Rep

Quote:
When I read the Australian spec sheet, I seem to remember reading that internet connectivity is via the customers mobile phone (USB tethering I guess)
Might be worth a read!
Hmm, that was never an issue with the F10 5 series. Bluetooth tethering worked perfectly well.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #16
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: W166 ML63 PP

I was looking to get my F15 coded so I can stream spotify via Bluetooth as I do in my w166 ml. It is a shame that it doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #17
soupratt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
I was looking to get my F15 coded so I can stream spotify via Bluetooth as I do in my w166 ml. It is a shame that it doesn't work.
I am not 100% sure its an issue with the X5. Might be my phone as it is running Android 4.2.2 . Today I got my wife's iPhone running Spotify on the X5 via Bluetooth.

And an update..

Just drove about 100km on the freeways and undulating roads near the coast. The car is rock solid on the freeway without ANY vibration on the steering (a massive step up from my F10 which had more vibration than a bed in a cheap ass hotel).
Fuel consumption (diesel) is now 11L/100km which isn't bad for a massive car with only 300km. In sports mode the engine is very very responsive and has a nice throaty roar to it. In Eco it is very sluggish but I must say I don't mind the stop-start. It is very un-intrusive.

More pics including the dash and the REAL colour of Tera Dakota. It is this brown (lighter than Mocha) but NOT orange/red at all.

Quote:

See below...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 01:31 AM   #18
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for the update and the pictures - looking good! Can I ask what the red edgewise display on the left hand side of the TFT display is (under the speedo and the 35.5km/h value) I guess it's estimated range to empty?

It's going to be a long 12 weeks wait for me...
      03-09-2014, 01:54 AM   #19
soupratt
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the update and the pictures - looking good! Can I ask what the red edgewise display on the left hand side of the TFT display is (under the speedo and the 35.5km/h value) I guess it's estimated range to empty?

It's going to be a long 12 weeks wait for me...
Yes. Its range to empty. To be honest I didn't notice that

Its a great car. Much better drive than I thought it would be. Hopefully yours has all the early bugs sorted out (like the flaky connectivity and door seals).
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 06:45 AM   #20
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Looking at the picture of the iDrive and 'gear stick', does the stick get in the way of the iDrive at all?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 06:52 AM   #21
soupratt
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
Looking at the picture of the iDrive and 'gear stick', does the stick get in the way of the iDrive at all?
Not at all actually, but then again there aren't many things you need to do with the idrive when actually driving.

Forgot to add that today I tried the self parking feature. It works very well actually and the only imput required from the driver is pressing (and holding) the parking button. It accelerates and brakes itself and changes gear from reverse to forward. It parked a perfect distance away from the kerb. I don't normally fuss with many options but not having a self parking car before I wanted to try it once and for all. Not sure I would use it all the time but I must say, it really impressed.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #22
Baunton
Major
England
Rep

Quote:
Not at all actually, but then again there aren't many things you need to do with the idrive when actually driving.

Forgot to add that today I tried the self parking feature. It works very well actually and the only imput required from the driver is pressing (and holding) the parking button. It accelerates and brakes itself and changes gear from reverse to forward. It parked a perfect distance away from the kerb. I don't normally fuss with many options but not having a self parking car before I wanted to try it once and for all. Not sure I would use it all the time but I must say, it really impressed.
Self Parking eh...handy for my wife
Appreciate 0