BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #1
alba0019
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5

Need Advice on Custom Order X5 M Sport

Guys,

I'm really excited to enter the world of BMW. I've never owned a "nice" let alone new vehicle and am about to lease a custom built X5 M Sport.

I am wondering if you guys have and "hindsight" or insiders advice on options not available online that I should be thinking about or ask for. I've noticed others talking wishing they would have gotten roof rails a certain way, etc.

1) Do other options beyond what is on BMW's site exist if you are custom building your vehicle?

2) If so, any advice/recommendations about the type of options/customization to think about?

Here is a link to my build: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...?CMId=d0pnk3hy

I really appreciate any advice you can provide. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
taken
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 xDrive50i

I think one thing to consider is that sometimes BMW will deviate from packages and let you do a substitution at a nominal cost. One I wish I had tried for was the black Msport headliner. I'm not an Msport guy and ordered the Xline instead but would have liked the Msport dark headliner on my build. Well, didn't I read recently where one forum member was able to get his dealer to work BMW to do the dark headliner on an Xline vehicle for a $500 upcharge. Could I have gotten the same deal? I don't know because I didn't know to ask. So, if there is anything off the normal option and package list that you want, it's worth asking...
      03-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #3
senoromar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i M-Sport

The M-Sport package has a few sub options you can customize. For example, you can choose whether to debadge it or not. I missed that one on my order, thinking that the default would be debadged. Make sure you clearly select your preferences.

If your plan is to lease, I would request a rate lock so that you have the option of using current lease programs and rates in case those at delivery are not as favorable.

That's about all I can think of, your build looks very solid.
2011 X5 50i Sport Activity
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #4
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

If you commute DA+ & ACC. Rest of the build is solid.
      03-14-2016, 12:12 AM   #5
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by senoromar View Post
The M-Sport package has a few sub options you can customize. For example, you can choose whether to debadge it or not. I missed that one on my order, thinking that the default would be debadged. Make sure you clearly select your preferences.
Self debadging is pretty easy especially on a new car where the double-sided tape hasn't really settled and the paint hasn't faded.
Appreciate 0