BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > BMW X5 and X6 (F15/F16) Forum

09-20-2023, 09:39 AM   #1
rtreyna
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Xdrive35i 2010 528i

Parking Brake Malfunction, Blind Spot Sensor Malfunction,Cruise Control Malfunction

I have a 2017 X5 Xdrive35i. It seems I have an electrical or sensor gremlin. The first 2 issues popped up around the same time. First off I started getting a blind spot sensor malfunction about 10 minutes into driving. Once the malfunction warning comes on the blind spot function no longer works for the remainder of the trip. The next time I drive I can turn it back on and like clockwork the malfunction happens 10 minutes into the drive and no longer works for the remainder of the trip.
Soon after that I began getting a parking brake malfunction warning and I cannot use the parking brake or the automatic hold parking brake. This is almost always on but is sometimes, very rarely, off when I get in and start the car. On the rare occasion when the parking brake malfunction isn’t present on startup I can use the parking brake as normal and the auto hold feature works as well. But as mentioned this malfunction is almost always present upon startup and amber brake light on dash is always on and parking brake is nonfunctional.
The most recent addition to my problem is now I have a cruise control malfunction. No warning upon startup but as soon as I try to activate the cruise control I get a cruise control malfunction warning and It will not activate. This happens every drive. When I press the cruise control button to turn on cruise I get the green cruise control symbol and the display “cruise control ready”, but as soon as I hit the button to set the actual cruise that’s when I get the malfunction and cruise control does not work.
From what little I can find online it seems like a possible Steering Wheel Position Sensor or the SZL unit, or both?

These are the current codes I’ve pulled with bmw scan tool
48002C ICM, ACC: interface DSC

4805D5 EMF: internal control-unit fault

480A55 DSC: EMF, emergency release

480A51 DSC: Parking brake (EMF), brake cannot be applied

480A7E-ETC delay-during P gear request, during electrohydraulic mode

4809AB Global voltage supply-External undervoltage

481C83 SWW: slave, temporary blindness

Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. I haven’t been able to find any threads resolving this issue. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Appreciate 0