BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
ccorodan
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40d F15

Order to Production lead time?

On Feb 26 I have ordered in Switzerland an X5 40d. The promised delivery date is week 26/27. Almost two months later, my car has the same planned delivery date with code 112 and I still don't have neither the VIN or the production number. I find it strange to read on this forum about cars ordered in US which have a production number next day after they are ordered or about cars custom-ordered in March which have already been delivered.

I perfectly understand the longer delivery time due to the longer transport time to Europe, but I cannot understand the time difference from order to production. Any ideas? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Dirkpitt66
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 40d MSport

I ordered my 40d in the UK on 12 February and picked it up on 28 March. I know there were delays on cars coming in via Germany but not from the states. I guess a lot of it is down to the allocation the dealer gets and number of build slots
Appreciate 0