BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-29-2023, 10:37 PM   #155
R4yF15
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonGoh View Post
Ok bro, so basically BE2 from any chassis is able to use on my F30 right. Do I need to flash it or code it to my chassis or VO code BE2 Radar already do the trick?

I guess I can start hunting for parts already
Just I wasn’t too sure about ICM because some member in the forum said I need to use ICM v5.6 and I checked my ICM part number it was stated as ICM Plus instead of High
The radar should be working already but u may need to flash it again later together with the ICM and ABS module.

If it's a replacement radar from original car that already has ACC function its gonna be direct plug and play tho.

Good luck with that bro ! Btw i do have an extra BE2 ACC radar that i used earlier on cos i thought i bought a broken module (which wasn't the case, of course)

Let me know if u are interested ya.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2023, 10:17 AM   #156
11earl
Private
Rep
Drives: Don. Grey/Mugello Red X5 M

Would still love someone to help me install this in my '16 - I'm in MA, USA.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 09:30 PM   #157
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4yF15 View Post
The radar should be working already but u may need to flash it again later together with the ICM and ABS module.

If it's a replacement radar from original car that already has ACC function its gonna be direct plug and play tho.

Good luck with that bro ! Btw i do have an extra BE2 ACC radar that i used earlier on cos i thought i bought a broken module (which wasn't the case, of course)

Let me know if u are interested ya.
Still got it? If so, how much? I'm interested Then I can get SaNGRia to flash my car!
Appreciate 1
SaNGRia986.00
      Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #158
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Could somebody here provide me with a SVT.xml & the a .ncd of the ACC ECU?
Interested in retrofitting the radar sensor as the camera only is not optimal, but radar was never released for X1 F48 but if I have the coding files I might give it a try.
      Today, 02:31 PM   #159
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Could somebody here provide me with a SVT.xml & the a .ncd of the ACC ECU?
Interested in retrofitting the radar sensor as the camera only is not optimal, but radar was never released for X1 F48 but if I have the coding files I might give it a try.
Get a x6 ACC and do not flash. It will work without needing to calibrate. But you can default code it with your specs. I installed my radar from 750 , never calibrated or flashed and still works without any issue up to date
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:15 PM   #160
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
Get a x6 ACC and do not flash. It will work without needing to calibrate. But you can default code it with your specs. I installed my radar from 750 , never calibrated or flashed and still works without any issue up to date

Not sure if you or I don’t get it.
F48 was never released with radar and it has an SAS ECU which is connected on S-can with KAFAS. Most of the DSC parameters(F15) are stored in SAS Ecu but not all.

Either way I cannot calculate the VO because radar never existed on F48. So I have to manually FDL code all parameters, but first I need to know how to make it talk.

If I can get the coding parameters sorted out, then I can see if I get an error because of missing radar.

If you happen to have a list of FDL parameters between radar and non-radar that would also be very helpful. Yeah I was thinking to leave it instead of flashing once I get my hands on one.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:30 PM   #161
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpingu View Post
Not sure if you or I don’t get it.
F48 was never released with radar and it has an SAS ECU which is connected on S-can with KAFAS. Most of the DSC parameters(F15) are stored in SAS Ecu but not all.

Either way I cannot calculate the VO because radar never existed on F48. So I have to manually FDL code all parameters, but first I need to know how to make it talk.

If I can get the coding parameters sorted out, then I can see if I get an error because of missing radar.

If you happen to have a list of FDL parameters between radar and non-radar that would also be very helpful. Yeah I was thinking to leave it instead of flashing once I get my hands on one.
F85 never introduced with any Driving Assist feature. None of the F series M cars came with Driving Assist. Therefore, ISTA suggests to remove the ACC on its TAL calculate : )

As long as you have a parking assist you are good to go with SAS and DSC. If you can not add the 5AT and 5AR it will be hard to determine each parameter in each ecu.

I do not have the non acc values anymore since i am on my new laptop with all new ESYS. But i can remote code the system for you if you are interested.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:57 PM   #162
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNGRia View Post
F85 never introduced with any Driving Assist feature. None of the F series M cars came with Driving Assist. Therefore, ISTA suggests to remove the ACC on its TAL calculate : )

As long as you have a parking assist you are good to go with SAS and DSC. If you can not add the 5AT and 5AR it will be hard to determine each parameter in each ecu.

I do not have the non acc values anymore since i am on my new laptop with all new ESYS. But i can remote code the system for you if you are interested.
The thing is 5AT and 5AR doesn’t include radar on F48. In fact I already have these but there only camera based, ACC.

I would like to upgrade to camera + radar based.
I started mapping out the parameters here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kNFagMoek/edit
Appreciate 0