BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #45
jc68
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

My wife was in the passenger seat and adjusted her seat with her seat belt on when the car is in motion. The Idrive pops out an error message about Passenger restraint system malfunction with a red airbag and seat belt image. I asked her to put her seat back in the previous position and the error message went away immediately.
__________________
Current: E36 M3 Track Car, E46 M3, E92 Competition M3 European Delivery, F15 X5 Msport, Tundra
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #46
atlantiQue
bmw x5 x25d
atlantiQue's Avatar
Belgium
3
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: x5 x25d
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

HUD sharpness

Not even sure if this is an issue or just the way it is. My HUD display is not totally crystal clear or razor sharp. The letters are slightly blurry although still legible, even the small letters of media or navigation info. If I were to express it in percentages I'd say the display is 90-95% sharp but not totally crystal no matter from which angle to look at or how clean the windshield is. Could definitely live with that, not very fond of having the windshield (which definitely is the reason) replaced, but just want to make sure if I should at all expect perfect sharpness or is it just the way it is supposed to be? Thanks for sharing feedback on your HUD displays.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #47
oshiri
Private
16
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: F15 X5 30d
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantiQue View Post
Not even sure if this is an issue or just the way it is. My HUD display is not totally crystal clear or razor sharp. The letters are slightly blurry although still legible, even the small letters of media or navigation info. If I were to express it in percentages I'd say the display is 90-95% sharp but not totally crystal no matter from which angle to look at or how clean the windshield is. Could definitely live with that, not very fond of having the windshield (which definitely is the reason) replaced, but just want to make sure if I should at all expect perfect sharpness or is it just the way it is supposed to be? Thanks for sharing feedback on your HUD displays.
hard to say whether what you consider to be 90-95% is the same as or worse than everyone elses. (i know its hard) but maybe try to take a photo of your HUD?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 05:19 AM   #48
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Armen383's Avatar
Cyprus
47
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Limassol

iTrader: (0)

When the side-bolster (right one on RHD) on the driver’s seat is inflating there's this loud and thus very annoying squeaky sound (as if it's the nappa leather squeaking on the inside if that makes sense) . So every time I get in or out of the car (and therefore the bolsters inflate or deflate) I hear this noise… drives me nuts. What’s worse – I doubt the local one and only BMW dealer will tell me anything other than: “Well, we could rip your seat apart and see what it is, but I wouldn’t recommend you doing it” or in other words: “Our mechanics suck bigtime and we can screw something up”.

P.S. Started circa 1 month after ownership. BMW at it's best as usual - great fun to drive, suck balls with quality. Someone rewind the clock back to 1990s when the word "quality" actually dominated the word "profit" in German cars...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #49
atomic80
Lieutenant
196
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
When the side-bolster (right one on RHD) on the driver’s seat is inflating there's this loud and thus very annoying squeaky sound (as if it's the nappa leather squeaking on the inside if that makes sense) . So every time I get in or out of the car (and therefore the bolsters inflate or deflate) I hear this noise… drives me nuts. What’s worse – I doubt the local one and only BMW dealer will tell me anything other than: “Well, we could rip your seat apart and see what it is, but I wouldn’t recommend you doing it” or in other words: “Our mechanics suck bigtime and we can screw something up”.

P.S. Started circa 1 month after ownership. BMW at it's best as usual - great fun to drive, suck balls with quality. Someone rewind the clock back to 1990s when the word "quality" actually dominated the word "profit" in German cars...
Mine does the same thing! My dealership diagnosed it as being due to defective bolster bladders and will be changing both when the part arrives this week. Apparently these parts are very hard to get and could take a while. They do plan to tear the seat apart to replace the bolster. I really hope they do a good job of putting it back together too.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #50
busta1978
New Member
busta1978's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5 XDrive50i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Dubai, UAE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen383 View Post
When the side-bolster (right one on RHD) on the driver’s seat is inflating there's this loud and thus very annoying squeaky sound (as if it's the nappa leather squeaking on the inside if that makes sense) . So every time I get in or out of the car (and therefore the bolsters inflate or deflate) I hear this noise… drives me nuts. What’s worse – I doubt the local one and only BMW dealer will tell me anything other than: “Well, we could rip your seat apart and see what it is, but I wouldn’t recommend you doing it” or in other words: “Our mechanics suck bigtime and we can screw something up”.

P.S. Started circa 1 month after ownership. BMW at it's best as usual - great fun to drive, suck balls with quality. Someone rewind the clock back to 1990s when the word "quality" actually dominated the word "profit" in German cars...
@armen383 From what I understand you have the bolsters inflate and deflate automatically when you get in and out of the car. Can you please advise how you managed to set it that way? I have comfort seats but not sure how to set this.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #51
atomic80
Lieutenant
196
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Mine does the same thing too..automatically inflates and deflates. I was able to set mine that way by adjusting the bolsters to where I want them to be and then saving that setting by pressing "M" then "1" (or "2").
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 07:53 AM   #52
busta1978
New Member
busta1978's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
2
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5 XDrive50i MSport
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Dubai, UAE

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Mine does the same thing too..automatically inflates and deflates. I was able to set mine that way by adjusting the bolsters to where I want them to be and then saving that setting by pressing "M" then "1" (or "2").
@atomic80 thanks for the quick reply. Ok so if I understand this if my seats are set in a certain way, when I switch off the car to get out then the bolsters should just move automatically? For now the only thing I am noticing is that the steering wheel lifts. I would have thought that my seat would also move back but it does not seem that there is an option for this.

So there is no specific place on the I-drive to switch on and off any comfort access settings like steering and seats, etc....?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 07:54 AM   #53
atomic80
Lieutenant
196
Rep
522
Posts

Drives: 997TT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (0)

Maybe there is...my car is being serviced so I don't have a way to check but when I get it back I'll be sure to do that.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 08:00 AM   #54
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Armen383's Avatar
Cyprus
47
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Limassol

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
Mine does the same thing! My dealership diagnosed it as being due to defective bolster bladders and will be changing both when the part arrives this week. Apparently these parts are very hard to get and could take a while. They do plan to tear the seat apart to replace the bolster. I really hope they do a good job of putting it back together too.
BMW must be really happy their cars give us a serious hard-on when we look at them and especially when we drive them. But still
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 08:03 AM   #55
Armen383
First Lieutenant
Armen383's Avatar
Cyprus
47
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: Mercedes-Benz E63S
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Limassol

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta1978 View Post
@armen383 From what I understand you have the bolsters inflate and deflate automatically when you get in and out of the car. Can you please advise how you managed to set it that way? I have comfort seats but not sure how to set this.
Same as atomic80 posted... just set up everything (seats, steering wheel, mirrors, etc.) and store this under any of the memory buttons. I don't think I changed anything else in the iDrive that can affect this, just turned off the car asking me about profiles every time I start it, so it just picks mine automatically (since I won't allow my wife to drive this one anyway )
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #56
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
stewy604's Avatar
174
Rep
1,546
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta1978 View Post
...when I switch off the car to get out then the bolsters should just move automatically?
Much like the steering wheel moving into an upward position, the side bolsters on the seat 'retract' to allow easier entry/exit from the vehicle. Nice feature, but it would be nice to turn it off and on. My Ford truck had this, was called "Easy Entry/Exit" and could be turned off via the Sync system.
__________________
2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport Mineral White
2011 BMW 135i M Sport Space Grey
2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750

Last edited by stewy604; 07-28-2014 at 05:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #57
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

So out of the 850 miles on the truck 500 of them I listened to the gong. Brought it in yesterday since the 'Hood Open' alarm is still going off but triggering the alarm. Apparently the hood has been opened 170 times or at least the alarm was tripped that many times since the last check.

I also complained about how the HUD doesn't always remain on after we shut the car off, lock it and then get back in the car. The setting should be that the HUD turn on if it was previously on when you shut and locked the vehicle with that key. Well they found a fault with the HUD and replacing that today. Awesome $80k truck!

The Porsche needed about the same amount of repairs with the clock and the PSM being replaced. Its just unfortunate that such expensive cars can come with issues like this. Quality control is clearly not there.
__________________
2014 BMW X5 50i M Sport
TOTALED-2013 Mercedes-Benz GL450
SOLD-2013 Porsche Cayenne S
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #58
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

You know it is never good when you have to hunt down your service adviser.

They ripped out my dashboard to replace the HUD and is still not done. Hello rattles. I am f%@$ing livid right now! I would have been fine with turning on the HUD when it didn't start up automatically. It still worked and the car didn't rattle. Now it may work and will most likely rattle. I am beyond annoyed that they would do the work without advising of what needs to be done. I confirmed last night that he didn't need to take the dashboard out.
__________________
2014 BMW X5 50i M Sport
TOTALED-2013 Mercedes-Benz GL450
SOLD-2013 Porsche Cayenne S
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #59
BKMK5
First Lieutenant
11
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: 2014 X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Still no car. Terrible service. Why it takes 5 days to replace and reprogram the heads up display is beyond me. Could possibly be getting it tomorrow, but then again I'll have to continue to track down my client adviser.
__________________
2014 BMW X5 50i M Sport
TOTALED-2013 Mercedes-Benz GL450
SOLD-2013 Porsche Cayenne S
SOLD-2011.5 ///M3 Sedan ZCP
SOLD-2008 E90 335i Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #60
ramsal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
30
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5 M Sport 35d xdrive
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMK5 View Post
Still no car. Terrible service. Why it takes 5 days to replace and reprogram the heads up display is beyond me. Could possibly be getting it tomorrow, but then again I'll have to continue to track down my client adviser.
I've had a very similar experience trying to get updates on my vehicle which is frustrating as hell. I can only guess that because they do the servicing they are probably always overbooked. Bringing my vehicle in next week to correct damage done during last repair repair so I will be losing my car for another week. At least my SA is apparently reading my posts on this forum so he knows how I feel.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 05:47 PM   #61
r33_RGSport
Major General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
1047
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: G30 540i / 997.1 C4S / i3 REx
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (2)

Just noticed something with my car.
The tire pressure shown in the iDrive are different than the actual tire pressure.
I have yet to talk to my SA tomorrow to get it checked.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 05:50 PM   #62
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
38
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nottingham UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Just noticed something with my car.
The tire pressure shown in the iDrive are different than the actual tire pressure.
I have yet to talk to my SA tomorrow to get it checked.
How much was the difference? How have you determined there is a difference and was it calibrated equipment?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #63
r33_RGSport
Major General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
1047
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: G30 540i / 997.1 C4S / i3 REx
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
How much was the difference? How have you determined there is a difference and was it calibrated equipment?
I used 2 different tire pressure gauge and both shows 36psi fronts and 42psi rears, but on my iDrive shows 30psi fronts and 35psi rears.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #64
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
38
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nottingham UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
I used 2 different tire pressure gauge and both shows 36psi fronts and 42psi rears, but on my iDrive shows 30psi fronts and 35psi rears.
Wow, that's quite a difference. How accurate are the TPMS sensors supposed to be?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #65
r33_RGSport
Major General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
1047
Rep
7,067
Posts

Drives: G30 540i / 997.1 C4S / i3 REx
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (2)

Supposed to be +/- 1psi. I never have issues with my F10 which runs Beru/Huff.
BMW changed TPMS brand to Continental/VDO for F15 X5, MY 03/14 F2x/F3x, and F8x M3/M4. It might be TPMS issue.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2014, 06:09 PM   #66
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
38
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Nottingham UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33 View Post
Supposed to be +/- 1psi. I never have issues with my F10 which runs Beru/Huff.
BMW changed TPMS brand to Continental/VDO for F15 X5, MY 03/14 F2x/F3x, and F8x M3/M4. It might be TPMS issue.
I'll have to check mine now, I'll let you know what I find in the morning when I check them.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST