BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-07-2016, 12:32 PM   #23
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talltress View Post
Yes great place to live if you can get over the cold and the taxes. I happen to love winter, I get out snowmobiling...it's pretty much the most fun you can have with your cloths on in the winter. Sorry about your Texas Rangers, that was one hell of a series! So close to an all Texas final you guys were!
The Rangers are very good at choking at the worse possible moment. I was at game 3 when all they had to do was beat your birds one more time. Well.... you know the rest of the story.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #24
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can Drive 5.0 View Post
The Rangers are very good at choking at the worse possible moment. I was at game 3 when all they had to do was beat your birds one more time. Well.... you know the rest of the story.
I was at game 5 and I can tell you that was a game to remember if you were a Blue Jays fan of course. That game had ALL the drama.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #25
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talltress View Post
I was at game 5 and I can tell you that was a game to remember if you were a Blue Jays fan of course. That game had ALL the drama.
If I remember correctly, Bautista was definitely your team's hero of the day. I was disappointed, but I was well prepared for it. It was not long ago when the Rangers were one strike away from winning the World Series in game 6 and managed to loose that game and the next one.

I hope my X5 performs better than the Boys from Arlington.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #26
taxjoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i & 2015 Z4 35i

Quote:
I placed the order just before Christmas and it is supposed to begin production this week. Looking forward to delivery day. Here is the build

X5 xDrive 50i
Mineral White Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
M Sport Package
Multi·Contour seats
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Plus
Dynamic Handling Package
Active Steering
Adaptive M Suspension
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Space Saver Spare
Front Ventilated Seats
Comfort Rear Seats
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Night Vision
Well, I am a little late in responding but congratulations! My build was identical to yours except for exterior color (mine is glacier silver) and I did not order Night Vision. It is coming up on two months since I took delivery of my X5. I have to tell you that I absolutely love it and I am still finding excuses for needing to drive it.

With regard to the tracking of production on BMW's website, I think we all agree it is woefully slow and inadequate. In fact, the website never updated my production, even after I took delivery.

The (800) number as everyone has mentioned is much better and I found the folks who answer our calls are cheerful and courteous. They gave good, detailed information. We also should not forget that our dealer also has updates and the dealer can be pestered to give that data. My dealer printed copies of his updates on four separate occasions.

I ordered my X5 on Saturday, October 31, 2015, and it was delivered to my dealership in Jacksonville, Florida on Friday, November 13, 2015, less than two weeks later (I picked it up the following Wednesday, November 18, 2015).

There have been many comments about where to draw the line between an X5 50i and an M5. Like you, I wanted the ACC stop and go cruise and I do like the multi-contour seats over the M5's seats. Plus, my wife drew the line at $100,000 MSRP.

I can't wait to hear your report on the Night Vision. I did not get that option and now I wonder if I will regret that decision.

As for my planned additions, all I need are some floor mats, a cargo mat, the invisihitch, and the all-important coat hanger. Other than the invisihitch, I plan to do no other modifications. I am happy just the way it is.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 09:28 PM   #27
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxjoc View Post
Well, I am a little late in responding but congratulations! My build was identical to yours except for exterior color (mine is glacier silver) and I did not order Night Vision. It is coming up on two months since I took delivery of my X5. I have to tell you that I absolutely love it and I am still finding excuses for needing to drive it.

With regard to the tracking of production on BMW's website, I think we all agree it is woefully slow and inadequate. In fact, the website never updated my production, even after I took delivery.

The (800) number as everyone has mentioned is much better and I found the folks who answer our calls are cheerful and courteous. They gave good, detailed information. We also should not forget that our dealer also has updates and the dealer can be pestered to give that data. My dealer printed copies of his updates on four separate occasions.

I ordered my X5 on Saturday, October 31, 2015, and it was delivered to my dealership in Jacksonville, Florida on Friday, November 13, 2015, less than two weeks later (I picked it up the following Wednesday, November 18, 2015).

There have been many comments about where to draw the line between an X5 50i and an M5. Like you, I wanted the ACC stop and go cruise and I do like the multi-contour seats over the M5's seats. Plus, my wife drew the line at $100,000 MSRP.

I can't wait to hear your report on the Night Vision. I did not get that option and now I wonder if I will regret that decision.

As for my planned additions, all I need are some floor mats, a cargo mat, the invisihitch, and the all-important coat hanger. Other than the invisihitch, I plan to do no other modifications. I am happy just the way it is.
Thanks for your comments. I think you got yours a little quicker than I will get mine. I ordered it on Dec 23rd and I think I will get it around the 27th. Still not bad at all. I am looking forward to using the night vision and I hope it was worth buying the X5 over the Cayenne. Porsche did not offer the option nor did Mercedes. It is a toy that I wanted to find out for myself if it is useful. If nothing else, it will be something to play with. In the past, there have been comments that in an MB the owner did not use it very much. They did not have HUD and to use it, they had to turn it on and view it on the display. In the X5 with a HUD, it will give an alert when it detects something even if the screen is not active. Sounds good to me. Time will tell and besides, by keeping me out of the Porsche dealership, I saved a fistful of dollars. Hopefully I will get to drive it some before my scheduled knee replacement surgery in February. It might get lonesome for a while.

I plan to get some all weather floor mats, a cargo net for the back end, and maybe a cover.That is about all I plan on doing except maybe having it wrapped in clear film. I have heard it prevents rock chips and is invisible. what do you think about having it done?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 12:13 AM   #28
GeorgeR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 XDrve35i 2009 335i E92

Quote:
Thanks for your comments. I think you got yours a little quicker than I will get mine. I ordered it on Dec 23rd and I think I will get it around the 27th. Still not bad at all. I am looking forward to using the night vision and I hope it was worth buying the X5 over the Cayenne. Porsche did not offer the option nor did Mercedes. It is a toy that I wanted to find out for myself if it is useful. If nothing else, it will be something to play with. In the past, there have been comments that in an MB the owner did not use it very much. They did not have HUD and to use it, they had to turn it on and view it on the display. In the X5 with a HUD, it will give an alert when it detects something even if the screen is not active. Sounds good to me. Time will tell and besides, by keeping me out of the Porsche dealership, I saved a fistful of dollars. Hopefully I will get to drive it some before my scheduled knee replacement surgery in February. It might get lonesome for a while.

I plan to get some all weather floor mats, a cargo net for the back end, and maybe a cover.That is about all I plan on doing except maybe having it wrapped in clear film. I have heard it prevents rock chips and is invisible. what do you think about having it done?
Might want to check this before you buy a cargo net. I am waiting on an X6 order as well so can't personally confirm.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=90

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...5#post19194625
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 06:06 AM   #29
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can Drive 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxjoc View Post

Congrats on the new X5. If not for the X5M, this is very nearly the exact specification I would have chosen. From an X5M owner, the 5.0 is amply powerful and with DHP, the M/non-M line is likely only noticeable at 8/10ths and beyond (something we're all unlikely to achieve at legal speeds on public roads).

If you plan on keeping the car a while, I would recommend finding a good Xpel installer in your area. Take a look at my delivery thread in the X5M forum to see before/during/after photos of what the install looks like.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:25 AM   #30
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
Might want to check this before you buy a cargo net. I am waiting on an X6 order as well so can't personally confirm.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=90

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...5#post19194625
Thanks for the info. My sales rep said there will be a net included, so I will check it out before I do anythong.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:30 AM   #31
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
Congrats on the new X5. If not for the X5M, this is very nearly the exact specification I would have chosen. From an X5M owner, the 5.0 is amply powerful and with DHP, the M/non-M line is likely only noticeable at 8/10ths and beyond (something we're all unlikely to achieve at legal speeds on public roads).

If you plan on keeping the car a while, I would recommend finding a good Xpel installer in your area. Take a look at my delivery thread in the X5M forum to see before/during/after photos of what the install looks like.

Good luck!
Thanks for your comments. Your car is very impressive. I would have ordered an M if ACC had been available. I think the 5.0 will be just fine. I wonder if there is a shop in Dallas that does the quality work like yours did. I need to check into that.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:33 AM   #32
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can Drive 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post

Good luck!
Thanks for your comments. Your car is very impressive. I would have ordered an M if ACC had been available. I think the 5.0 will be just fine. I wonder if there is a shop in Dallas that does the quality work like yours did. I need to check into that.
It'll be more than fine- you're going to love it.

Try here for installers: http://locator.xpel.com/search/clear...d_States/Texas
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #33
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Here are a couple of photos from Bimmer Work that show my colors, wheels, and options. It should be finished with the assembly line portion of it's life the day after tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 05:45 PM   #34
Alex S.
Enlisted Member
Austria
Rep
Drives: X5, F15

Very nice build.

Off topic but funny - on iphone 5 if you open the interior pic in album mode or horizontally, time will show right in the middle of the rear mirror
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2016, 07:42 PM   #35
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Please post pictures of the interior when you get it! Thats the combo I am leaning towards too.
The photos above are not mine, but from Bimmerwork.com. I entered my last 7 from the VIN and it showed pics of the vehicle with the options, colors, wheels, etc. and it listed all the options I ordered. Pretty fancy considering BMWUSA never heard of the car. I will take some photos when I get the car and post them. In the meantime, here is what the interior color combo looks like.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #36
BobsM3Coupe
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5MC

Quote:
Correct you are, but it will have ACC and multi-function seats. They were more important than the extra HP. I would like to have the red leather though.
Full Merino leather that is optional on the X5M would also be nice to have. But that Nappa is nice. I test rode an X5M last week and while nice, I couldn't believe ACC isn't available on the X5M.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2016, 10:04 PM   #37
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Full Merino leather that is optional on the X5M would also be nice to have. But that Nappa is nice. I test rode an X5M last week and while nice, I couldn't believe ACC isn't available on the X5M.
I find it unusual as well. Sales people say it is because of the front bumper design. There is no place to position the radar unit. Seems like if they really wanted to find a way, they could.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 10:24 PM   #38
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Quote:
If I remember correctly, Bautista was definitely your team's hero of the day. I was disappointed, but I was well prepared for it. It was not long ago when the Rangers were one strike away from winning the World Series in game 6 and managed to loose that game and the next one.

I hope my X5 performs better than the Boys from Arlington.
Here we go again ! Bautista answering with his bat tonight. It's going to be one hell of a series. Cheers!
Appreciate 0