BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #1
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

It's on order

I placed the order just before Christmas and it is supposed to begin production this week. Looking forward to delivery day. Here is the build

X5 xDrive 50i
Mineral White Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
M Sport Package
Multi·Contour seats
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Plus
Dynamic Handling Package
Active Steering
Adaptive M Suspension
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Space Saver Spare
Front Ventilated Seats
Comfort Rear Seats
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Night Vision
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 03:47 PM   #2
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

Nice build!
      01-05-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Very nice build!! So close to a M car in $$
      01-05-2016, 07:20 PM   #4
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Very very nice build.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #5
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzang View Post
Very nice build!! So close to a M car in $$
Correct you are, but it will have ACC and multi-function seats. They were more important than the extra HP. I would like to have the red leather though.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #6
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Please post pictures of the interior when you get it! Thats the combo I am leaning towards too.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can Drive 5.0 View Post
Correct you are, but it will have ACC and multi-function seats. They were more important than the extra HP. I would like to have the red leather though.
All valid reasons! But for me.. ACC is on the bottom of my list when it comes to performance cars of the X5M. Everyone has different wants and priorities
Congrats on your purchase and may you enjoy it for many many miles.
      01-06-2016, 09:51 AM   #8
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
All valid reasons! But for me.. ACC is on the bottom of my list when it comes to performance cars of the X5M. Everyone has different wants and priorities
Congrats on your purchase and may you enjoy it for many many miles.
ACC is one of features that I liked the most on my E55. I hope I can live without the extra power. We will see.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 09:52 AM   #9
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Please post pictures of the interior when you get it! Thats the combo I am leaning towards too.
I certainly will.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #10
stewy604
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport

Nice build man. Be sure to post pics when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 10:28 AM   #11
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d M Sport

Cold weather package in Texas?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talltress View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:19 PM   #13
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
I placed the order just before Christmas and it is supposed to begin production this week. Looking forward to delivery day. Here is the build

X5 xDrive 50i
Mineral White Metallic
Mocha Nappa Leather
Fineline Pure Wood Trim
M Sport Package
Multi·Contour seats
Cold Weather Package
Driver Assistance Plus
Dynamic Handling Package
Active Steering
Adaptive M Suspension
Executive Package
Lighting Package
Space Saver Spare
Front Ventilated Seats
Comfort Rear Seats
Bang & Olufsen Sound System
Night Vision
Sweet ride!
Though I always wondered where we draw the line between 50i and M in terms of $$...
how close was this compared to an M model?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 03:25 PM   #14
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
ACC is one of features that I liked the most on my E55. I hope I can live without the extra power. We will see.
I'm sure you already know but the M car is not just the additional power, but the driving dynamics and handling. The M just drives and feels amazing... Your new to be 50i will provide you with amazing driving dynamics as well with the upgraded suspensions, but it won't be a M. Anyway, if the ACC option is important to you then you made the right choice!
      01-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #15
knepsterd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 BSM

Nice build but agree with Kzang on dynamic driving difference. Also if you are planning to keep for a long time you have so many of the cool options that will be surely problematic down the line. In other words very expensive to maintain and fix. I know coming from Mercedes and Audis with all the bells and whistles of ACC pop up stereo speakers night vision cameras active suspension failures side assist sensors etc
If you own on 4 years ownership than all will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 06:26 PM   #16
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Funny, funny. Don't you have air conditioning up there? Not trying to be a wise ass, but it does get cold here a few days in the winter and the heated steering wheel might be nice. And besides, it was there and I could not think of a reason to leave it off the build. The items I left off, like the rear seat entertainment system and the third row seat, I definitely did not want them.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2016, 06:58 PM   #17
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Sweet ride!
Though I always wondered where we draw the line between 50i and M in terms of $$...
how close was this compared to an M model?
This one listed for $99K and some change. I believe an M would list for about $112K, or about $13K difference. In my case it wasn't a matter of drawing the line on the cost, I made my decision because of the seats and the cruise control. That might seem crazy to most of you, but I have had a performance car for the past 12 years and have driven fast cars for most of my life. At 68, I have slowed down quite a bit. My interests have changed and the extra power and driving dynamics aren't as important as they used to be. Old age has a way of doing things like that. Stay young if you have a choice.

Quote:
I'm sure you already know but the M car is not just the additional power, but the driving dynamics and handling. The M just drives and feels amazing... Your new to be 50i will provide you with amazing driving dynamics as well with the upgraded suspensions, but it won't be a M. Anyway, if the ACC option is important to you then you made the right choice!
As I said above, the characteristics of the M aren't as important to me as they used to be, but they have a way of becoming addictive when experienced and I am a very weak person. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't drive one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
Nice build but agree with Kzang on dynamic driving difference. Also if you are planning to keep for a long time you have so many of the cool options that will be surely problematic down the line. In other words very expensive to maintain and fix. I know coming from Mercedes and Audis with all the bells and whistles of ACC pop up stereo speakers night vision cameras active suspension failures side assist sensors etc
If you own on 4 years ownership than all will be fine.
I know what you are talking about. I had my E55 for 11 years and it was beginning to develop an admiration for MB technicians. I had the extended warranty and at the end of the 7 year period, there were several big ticket items. I bit the bullet and had them fixed. It did quite well for the next 4 years, but recently things began to happen. I plan to get the extended warranty and maintenance for the X5. It should be good for 7 years and I might start over then. who knows? Right now, all I know is that I am looking forward to delivery day.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 07:01 AM   #18
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Funny, funny. Don't you have air conditioning up there? Not trying to be a wise ass, but it does get cold here a few days in the winter and the heated steering wheel might be nice. And besides, it was there and I could not think of a reason to leave it off the build. The items I left off, like the rear seat entertainment system and the third row seat, I definitely did not want them.
Yes of course I was just poking fun.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 10:34 AM   #19
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes of course I was just poking fun.
I figured so. It's good that we can poke fun at each other and not become hostile, like they do on some other boards.

BTW, I have had some real good experiences with your homeland and fellow citizens. When I was at Ft. Bragg, my unit ran a school for jump master training. There were several students from the airborne unit at Petawawa. If I remember correctly (this was around 1980), they said they were on some kind of alert status because Quebec was toying with the idea of independence. They were supposed to be able to deploy rapidly and spread some attitude adjustment throughout the province. You probably know more about it than I do, but that is the picture I have in my mind. during that same time frame I drove up to Nova Scotia over a long weekend. A cold weather package would have been real nice then, as it was about 25 below and very windy. And, a few years earlier, a friend and I drove throughout Alberta passing through Calgary and Banff. It is absolutely beautiful out there and the people were extremely friendly. Nice place, you live in.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #20
Can Drive 5.0
Private
Rep

I just received an update from the 800 number. The BMW website still considers my build MIA. The new status is the vehicle is in production and completion date is expected to be Jan 16th. Anyone care to share your experience on how long it will take from then to begin shipping? I figure it won't take too long to get from South Carolina to Texas, but I don't know what the process actually entails. Maybe it has to go to QC, etc. before being released. I suppose it should arrive at the dealership by the end of the month.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 10:42 AM   #21
Kzang
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I just received an update from the 800 number. The BMW website still considers my build MIA. The new status is the vehicle is in production and completion date is expected to be Jan 16th. Anyone care to share your experience on how long it will take from then to begin shipping? I figure it won't take too long to get from South Carolina to Texas, but I don't know what the process actually entails. Maybe it has to go to QC, etc. before being released. I suppose it should arrive at the dealership by the end of the month.
If completion date is Jan. 16th then I would expect delivery by the following week. You can visit this huge thread (stickied) that has lots of people posting their order process and delivery status.
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=895630
      01-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #22
TallTrees
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I figured so. It's good that we can poke fun at each other and not become hostile, like they do on some other boards.

BTW, I have had some real good experiences with your homeland and fellow citizens. When I was at Ft. Bragg, my unit ran a school for jump master training. There were several students from the airborne unit at Petawawa. If I remember correctly (this was around 1980), they said they were on some kind of alert status because Quebec was toying with the idea of independence. They were supposed to be able to deploy rapidly and spread some attitude adjustment throughout the province. You probably know more about it than I do, but that is the picture I have in my mind. during that same time frame I drove up to Nova Scotia over a long weekend. A cold weather package would have been real nice then, as it was about 25 below and very windy. And, a few years earlier, a friend and I drove throughout Alberta passing through Calgary and Banff. It is absolutely beautiful out there and the people were extremely friendly. Nice place, you live in.
Yes great place to live if you can get over the cold and the taxes. I happen to love winter, I get out snowmobiling...it's pretty much the most fun you can have with your cloths on in the winter. Sorry about your Texas Rangers, that was one hell of a series! So close to an all Texas final you guys were!
Appreciate 0