09-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #45
Roychimac
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 YMB F80

Woah! Woah! Woah!
Where the shit did all this Porsche talk come from?? LOL

These threads inevitably always go off topic.

To clarify, I'll be selling my X6M (currently drive a F80) to get either a 2016 GLE 63S or a 2015 BMW X5M. Just want to see if anyone coming from a ML 63 can shine on this topic.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 10:08 AM   #46
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

I honestly loved driving the X5M. I drove around a G63 (different level I know) but man was the X5M amazing. It handles really well, as fast/faster than basically anything under $150K. The X5M gives the best of both worlds; practical daily driver and a fun "sports" car. GLE 63S is a beautiful as well, and MB builds some insane cars, but IMO the X5M is the best deal for what you get.
Appreciate 2
      09-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #47
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roychimac View Post
Woah! Woah! Woah!
Where the shit did all this Porsche talk come from?? LOL

These threads inevitably always go off topic.

To clarify, I'll be selling my X6M (currently drive a F80) to get either a 2016 GLE 63S or a 2015 BMW X5M. Just want to see if anyone coming from a ML 63 can shine on this topic.
I came from an F80. I absolutely love the X5M. The F80 is my favorite "car" of all time, the X5M would by my favorite "SUV." The F85 is beautiful, attracts a lot of attention from those who knows cars, and handles very well. The power is so addicting and the exhaust note is 100% better than the M3/M4. The exhaust pops during WOT, between shifts. It gets louder and louder after break-in.

Also, mod options will start pouring in. Everything from Tunes, exhaust, to Diffuser.

I hate to say it, but the GLE63S looks hideous. Just look at the comparison photos of the X5/6M front compared to it. The front of the Merc almost look like a minivan.
Attached Images

09-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #48
CassieL
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

I have a 2015 x5m and one of my partners has 2014 ML63s. While a very nice car, the AMG is kind of boring.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 11:15 AM   #49
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roychimac View Post
My wife is looking for a new SUV and just wanted to get some thoughts over here regarding these 2 choices. I know there's a bias here but I went to benzworld and that forum is a total joke. There's nothing in there!
I like x5M but having two bmw already i really want to have something different in my garage so only for that reason i may look at something else.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 11:18 AM   #50
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I came from an F80. I absolutely love the X5M. The F80 is my favorite "car" of all time, the X5M would by my favorite "SUV." The F85 is beautiful, attracts a lot of attention from those who knows cars, and handles very well. The power is so addicting and the exhaust note is 100% better than the M3/M4. The exhaust pops during WOT, between shifts. It gets louder and louder after break-in.

Also, mod options will start pouring in. Everything from Tunes, exhaust, to Diffuser.

I hate to say it, but the GLE63S looks hideous. Just look at the comparison photos of the X5/6M front compared to it. The front of the Merc almost look like a minivan.
100% agree. Drive my friends M3 around all the time, and it is one of the bests cars I have drove. Ample power in all gears (6 speed), handles extremely well, sounds great in sports mode, and is perfect DD. X5M is just so much more though.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #51
major one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 750i x-drive; 16 g550

there are a few entries here and in some other threads that smack of people leaving their f80/f82 for the new x5m/x6m. i am very interested in learning more about why you are doing this. i have a '15 m4 and love it to pieces (probably more than life itself) but also recently had the notion, too, of trading, selling, giving away, whatever the m4 in favour of the x6m. i saw the x6m at my dealer in both dg and lbb - both with the aragon brown interiour - and fell in love with that now, too. this is my problem. i love all things m! ugh. so tell me -- those of you that have given up your new (f80/f82) m3/m4 -- why!? and do you have any regrets!? im close to doing the very same thing!! even though this m4 of mine is the best thing ever. ever! so why am i so intrigued with this x6m!? i must be bored or something. perhaps i need my head examined! i my m4. but want the x6m, too!! help ,,,
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #52
oryshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10M5/335AH

Quote:
Originally Posted by major one View Post
there are a few entries here and in some other threads that smack of people leaving their f80/f82 for the new x5m/x6m. i am very interested in learning more about why you are doing this. i have a '15 m4 and love it to pieces (probably more than life itself) but also recently had the notion, too, of trading, selling, giving away, whatever the m4 in favour of the x6m. i saw the x6m at my dealer in both dg and lbb - both with the aragon brown interiour - and fell in love with that now, too. this is my problem. i love all things m! ugh. so tell me -- those of you that have given up your new (f80/f82) m3/m4 -- why!? and do you have any regrets!? im close to doing the very same thing!! even though this m4 of mine is the best thing ever. ever! so why am i so intrigued with this x6m!? i must be bored or something. perhaps i need my head examined! i my m4. but want the x6m, too!! help ,,,
Can totally relate!! Have the X5M and now want X6M. Anyone wants to trade?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #53
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms21 View Post
You guys do realize that this is the same guy that posted under Revcrazy and WolfinWolthsclothing until he was banned, correct? I will give it 30 more days and this screen name will be banned. He is the biggest Pcar nutswinger out there.......including Rennlist and 6Speed. It's comical as hell actually.

Funny thing is, he said he bought a 991 and yet still feels the need to hang out on a BMW board. What a life.................. or lack thereof
Think you've got me confused with someone else. I'm not either of those names, nor am I on rennlist of 6speed.

How old are you?

I barely post on here because I'm usually far too busy living my life (post count can verify that)...but thanks for playing.
This guy was obviously caught in a blatant and obvious lie.

That means he has no credibility. His word is absolutely worthless.

Do us all a favor and do not feed this troll.
      09-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #54
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

I took a few pics of both at the NIIAS because I too was contemplating which one of these would be my next car.

I decided to make the X6M my 3rd BMW (2nd x6) because of the sporty handling, maintenance /service coverage, and I tend to be a bit of a loyalist, lol
Attached Images

09-01-2015, 02:09 PM   #55
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This guy was obviously caught in a blatant and obvious lie.

That means he has no credibility. His word is absolutely worthless.

Do us all a favor and do not feed this troll.
Yes, thank you. That dude is an idiot and has no clue what he's talking about. I read some of his previous posts, every post are either: meaningless, bashing BMW, or saying how great Porsche is.

Last edited by JNoSol; 09-01-2015 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 02:17 PM   #56
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
Yes, thank you. That dude is an idiot and has no clue what he's talking about. I read some of his previous posts, every posts are either: meaningless, bashing BMW, or saying how great Porsche is.

He's insane with the Porsche shtick. They are great vehicles, but not the end all be all of them. He comes off as not only drinking too much of the KoolAid, but also as if he's taken a razor and straw to the powder the KoolAid is made from
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 02:23 PM   #57
JNoSol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanExtant View Post
He's insane with the Porsche shtick. They are great vehicles, but not the end all be all of them. He comes off as not only drinking too much of the KoolAid, but also as if he's taken a razor and straw to the powder the KoolAid is made from
LOL. I mean we all would love to upgrade to a comparable Porsche too if we had $50-60k more to spare. Dollar for Dollar, BMW wins.

If anyone wants to pay $50-60k more for a fully loaded Cayenne Turbo S to go .0002 second faster, then do it. All I know is X5M is a beast stock and not many sport cars can even touch it on the drag strip. If you had $6-9k more to spare, X5M with ESS Tune + ER DPs + Race Exhaust = 700whp. Or RaceChip for just $550 will make another 100HP/100LB TQ.
      09-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #58
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3 View Post
I used to love M products. I felt they were the best alternative to owning the higher end stuff like Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin etc.
I just really was disappointed with the F80 M3. I was glad I made $7K on the car when I sold it though.

Actually, Porrsche puts the least amount of R&D into the turbo and turbo S models. I would be willing to bet BMW puts FAR more R&D into the X5M and yet they still are quite far apart as far as 2012 models were concerned. Im sure the 2015's will be no different, and if anything Porsche will pull further ahead since they added power and the new turbo S is lighter too.

Also remember that Porsche doesn't sell many turbo or turbo S models, so that is partly why they are so expensive.

Again, there is no direct correlation to price and performance. There it comes down to exclusivity, quality, brand etc.

BMW threatening one of the elite, upper echelon of car makers...don't think so...not in the least bit.

I have always been a big M division fan. I always felt they gave you a great car that provided great value and has something special about them that you could only do better by moving up into a higher end car. I just do not like their current offerings. I have owned A LOT of BMWs, and A LOT of M cars (both could be said of my family as well) so your hypothesis even come close to being matter of fact.
Most people here do aspire to take the step up into a Porsche as they are the performance and handling benchmark in the world of performance cars.

As I've said, price and performance have little to do with one another. Same reason why a Civic R beat the M4 around the track for 1/3 of the price, or why a Mustang at 30K can match a 70K M3/4, or why Porsche's entry level 911 beats the snot out of an M4 at the track despite having a huge disadvantage in power and tq.

BTW - you do realize the "free" maintenance is included in the price right? SMH
unlike the Porsche haha
can we get back to the original post?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #59
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieL View Post
I have a 2015 x5m and one of my partners has 2014 ML63s. While a very nice car, the AMG is kind of boring.
Could you explain what you mean by "boring?" I might get the X5M next year but also looking forward to the new AMG ML (called GLE s or something?). Definitely like the exhaust note of the AMGs but dislike the slow shift response. I'd like to know what aspects of the AMG you find not too appealing or sexy
      09-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #60
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

I think it really is up to preference. I hate MB service, and for that reason would not buy another. I am sure the GLE will handle and perform, as AMG usually does that but it will be more like a muscle truck and less like a sports car. Our family owns several Cayenne models including a turbo and it is nimble and drives great, but that is because it is lighter. As far as overall road feel and performance the new M is a beast. Mine arrives next week and I drove several before ordering it. If you get a chance drive them all. A cayenne turbo reasonably optioned will run you $140K. The BMW and the MB will run you $120K strictly sticker to sticker speaking with no discounts. That extra $20K gets you the Porsche badge, lighter materials in the suspension and chassis (to explain the weight loss) and typical exclusivity which comes with a more expensive vehicle. Porsche dealer service is not bad but expect to pay a fortune (ie. Land Rover money or more). I think there is appeal to each, I just happen to love BMW service and the X5M fits my family well.

Peace
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #61
cy07
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 50i 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Drove a new x5M with high hopes, love the car and how it looks!

However the experience was a bit of a let down for an M car. The entire car felt like more of a marketing exericise then anything. I almost asking my buddy if it was broken or if I had it in some weird setting. It felt disconnected and sluggish. Not worth the premium over a 5.0 X5 unless you need the badge for your ego. The M3 on the other hand is a totally different car vs a 435. I think the cayenne GTS is the best performance suv right now imo.

Not sure about the benz though. Good luck
I actually really liked the X5M, but it just wasn't available at the time of X5 debut when I really needed the car.

But now with M3 in the stable, I am very happy I have gone with 50i and kept the spare change lol..
      09-04-2015, 06:49 PM   #62
CassieL
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
Could you explain what you mean by "boring?" I might get the X5M next year but also looking forward to the new AMG ML (called GLE s or something?). Definitely like the exhaust note of the AMGs but dislike the slow shift response. I'd like to know what aspects of the AMG you find not too appealing or sexy
Exterior and interior styling are much more demure. The ride is comfortable, but not noticeably more comfortable over bumps but definitely floats more in curves. Sound and acceleration are great. Where the M leans towards sport, the AMG leans muscle.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 07:05 PM   #63
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep

Went and drove the new GTS and Turbo today. GTS was super disappointing, and that car optioned out was $115K! The turbo was a little over $140K. It wasn't as exciting to drive as the X5M, and overall for the extra money it isn't worth it. X5M bar none is all around the best sports SUV out.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 06:53 AM   #64
dr.waxman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

too much money and no sense
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #65
tkila
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M5 CS

in a recent EVO comparison, they preferred the X6 M over the Cayenne Turbo and RR SVR.

EVO said the BMW had the better chassis, better steering feel, better ride quality, and better transmission than the Cayenne Turbo. The Cayenne feels a lot dated compared to the X6M in the tech department too.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #66
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

Definitely go for the X6 M.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 0