BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #67
critical_mass
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3s-a-charm View Post
Ok, two people, two different opinions... We get it - let's move on.
ya one opinion is correct and the other one is obviously wrong!

hahaha just kidding
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #68
enzom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 X5M/20 720S/20 992 C4S

My two cents. There is indeed a big price difference between the X5M and TTS. But how much of it comes from equipment (Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Dynamic Chassis Control, Torque Vectoring, height adjustable suspension) which is standard on the TTS and not necessarily even available as an option on the X5M. There is also the fact that the X5M is assembled in the US with a drivetrain shipped from Germany. When you start adding up the cost of components that you get with the TTS that you can't get in an X5M and the cost savings associated with building the chassis in the US (my assumption is that labor and benefit costs are less here than in Germany), the premium you are paying for a Porsche badge isn't as great as people make it out to be.

I own a 16 TTS and love it. I got it only after ruling out the X5M and only because I couldn't raise the suspension for deep snow. I fell in love with the X5M when I first saw it at the NY car show but just didn't want to risk getting stuck in someone's unplowed driveway. Wonderful truck. Kudos to BMW for building it.
Appreciate 0