BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-12-2022, 06:11 AM   #1
m.m.s
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F15

BMWF15 50i downpipes+intake

I was wondering if i install downpipes and an AFE intake will i have any problems with my engine and i will tune the my car after the installation.

I live in country with very hot climate

plz share your experiences in this thread
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #2
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Catted high flow downpipes or non catted?
I suggest you either wrap the downpipes, or ceramic coat them.

If you replace the downpipes with non catted versions, there will be less "heat soak" in the V of the engine, which is a good thing.
I don't know how high flow catted downpipes will affect heat soak, but they might retain less heat due to less restrictions. Hopefully someone else knows the answer and will chime in.
Appreciate 1
m.m.s0.00
      10-14-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
m.m.s
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1norseman View Post
Catted high flow downpipes or non catted?
I suggest you either wrap the downpipes, or ceramic coat them.

If you replace the downpipes with non catted versions, there will be less "heat soak" in the V of the engine, which is a good thing.
I don't know how high flow catted downpipes will affect heat soak, but they might retain less heat due to less restrictions. Hopefully someone else knows the answer and will chime in.
It will be non catted but i know a place where they make it to order so if there is anything that i should do plz tell me
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
jfandl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 5.0 (F15) - BM3

I installed catless DP's 3 years ago and have been super happy with the upgrade. Noticeably faster turbo spool (less lag), deeper sound, performance increase. I went with bootmod3 on mine which turned it into a beast!
Appreciate 1
m.m.s0.00
      10-15-2022, 08:09 AM   #5
m.m.s
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandl View Post
I installed catless DP's 3 years ago and have been super happy with the upgrade. Noticeably faster turbo spool (less lag), deeper sound, performance increase. I went with bootmod3 on mine which turned it into a beast!
Do you have the 50i engine?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 07:45 PM   #6
1norseman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.m.s View Post
It will be non catted but i know a place where they make it to order so if there is anything that i should do plz tell me
All I can suggest is get the downpipes ceramic coated to keep the heat inside the exhaust system, and get less heat soak in the V of engine.
Seeing you are in Kuwait, you are probably dealing with enough heat in the engine bay as it is, so this should help engine stay slightly cooler, especially if you tune it.

If you are going to get it tuned, replace the injectors with brand new injectors OEM or Bosch, before you start tuning.
In my opinion, injectors will go bad sooner or later. I didn't even tune my engine, and still ended up having to replace it, due to a failed injector. Since I was past warranty, I had to pay for it myself. Was not cheap.
Appreciate 1
m.m.s0.00