BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #1101
Haris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 BMW M4

Garage List
Ordered mine last week. Was supposed to be built last week of September but BMW decided to move it up since it's a sold car. Looks like it will be here before end of the month. My current 50i lease isn't up until Oct 20.

2015 BMW X5 xDrive35i
Alpine White
Mocha Dakota
M Sport
Adaptive M Suspension
Active Steering
Driver Assistance Package
Premium Package
Rear Shades
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #1102
mrwilby
Private
Rep
Drives: Q7, X5

Anybody heard about a parts delay relating to seating? My CA hinted today that my car might be delayed in SC due to some kind of parts shortage. Just wondering if this is something others have heard?

As context, my vehicle supposedly finished production on August 27th and has been "Waiting to be released to the carrier" since then...

The fact that the BMW hotline indicates my car has finished production doesn't really align with what the CA is telling me...
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #1103
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilby View Post
Anybody heard about a parts delay relating to seating? My CA hinted today that my car might be delayed in SC due to some kind of parts shortage. Just wondering if this is something others have heard?

As context, my vehicle supposedly finished production on August 27th and has been "Waiting to be released to the carrier" since then...

The fact that the BMW hotline indicates my car has finished production doesn't really align with what the CA is telling me...
I would say call 800 # and talk to a representative on the status. Its a long time since it had completed production, you should have the vehicle delivered by now.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #1104
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik View Post
I would say call 800 # and talk to a representative on the status. Its a long time since it had completed production, you should have the vehicle delivered by now.
Hey Karthik. Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get any more info from anybody (dealer nor 800 number). Just playing the waiting game and trying to find out if this parts delay is affecting other folks besides me.

I ordered the Mocha Nappa (design package) multi-contour (ventilated) seats.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #1105
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hey Karthik. Thanks. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get any more info from anybody (dealer nor 800 number). Just playing the waiting game and trying to find out if this parts delay is affecting other folks besides me.

You mentioned that it finished production on Aug 27th? If it finished production, what parts is it waiting on? What is the representative saying over the phone?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #1106
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Quote:
You mentioned that it finished production on Aug 27th? If it finished production, what parts is it waiting on? What is the representative saying over the phone?
I get a different story each time I speak to somebody. Today, I heard the car finished production and is in the QC check. The past 2+ weeks I have heard the car has finished everything and is just outright waiting to be released.

800 # (automated) system says the car has finished production and is waiting to be released to the carrier. Same exact status since 27th August.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #1107
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I get a different story each time I speak to somebody. Today, I heard the car finished production and is in the QC check. The past 2+ weeks I have heard the car has finished everything and is just outright waiting to be released.

800 # (automated) system says the car has finished production and is waiting to be released to the carrier. Same exact status since 27th August.
Don't hear to the automated system, talk to someone and they can provide you the name of the carrier its waiting on and you can call the carrier and provide the VIN to get exact tracking.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #1108
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Don't hear to the automated system, talk to someone and they can provide you the name of the carrier its waiting on and you can call the carrier and provide the VIN to get exact tracking.
To be clear, I have been doing that since August

As said, human has typically indicated production is complete, QA complete, waiting for release. Cannot provide any more info
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #1109
Karthik
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
To be clear, I have been doing that since August

As said, human has typically indicated production is complete, QA complete, waiting for release. Cannot provide any more info
That's a bummer. I am sorry. Atleast try to get the carrier name.....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #1110
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Quote:
That's a bummer. I am sorry. Atleast try to get the carrier name.....
Np. Little frustrating but there seems little I can do right now so I am trying not to let it get to me

Regarding carrier - there isn't one unfortunately. Since it hasn't actually been released (the car is just "waiting to be released") there is nothing I can track. In theory it should take 2-3 days to get up to MA from SC once the car is truly released. For some reason the vehicle is stuck in this limbo production hell where it (is/is not) production complete and (is waiting/is not waiting) to be released.

I wonder if they lost it
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #1111
fishermn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e, 2015 X5 35d M-sport

Quote:

I'm afraid I have the same problem. Production completed on August 29, ordered Mocha Nappa and ventilated seats as well. The same status "waiting to be released to the carrier"
Tomorrow I'm going to talk to CA.

Last edited by fishermn; 09-16-2014 at 10:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #1112
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Well, we can share the frustration together then fishermn. Let us know what you hear from your CA. Hopefully things get moving soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 09:00 AM   #1113
radarguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440ix, 2023 X3 M40ix

My F15 went from "In Production" to "Waiting for Carrier" on 9/15. It is black Dakota, multicontour. I'll let you know if it ships in a few days or not. The CA says it should be here in five days based on previous experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #1114
NegativeIons
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Mine was just delayed in production with Mocha Nappa (non ventilated). I wonder if there is an issue with the Mocha Nappa in general (perhaps related to the stitching upgrade)

Incoming: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 08:45 PM   #1115
fishermn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e, 2015 X5 35d M-sport

Spoke to my CA today and no clarification yet on the dates of delivery, "we still have to wait, only 4 weeks past from the date of order". He has also told me that according to his database the status of production is #155 "Assembly finish/quality check" as of August 30. He mentioned that there is no signs of parts shortage at the moment.
Still frustrated...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #1116
chiplee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

We ordered Friday August 22nd and it went into production on the 26th. It was delivered to our dealer Saturday the 13th of September and I picked it up 3 hours after it arrived.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #1117
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishermn View Post
Spoke to my CA today and no clarification yet on the dates of delivery, "we still have to wait, only 4 weeks past from the date of order". He has also told me that according to his database the status of production is #155 "Assembly finish/quality check" as of August 30. He mentioned that there is no signs of parts shortage at the moment.
Still frustrated...
That's weird... You might consider calling BMW NA at 800-831-1117. From there track your production number and then speak with a representative. They usually have good real-time information, although I've found that my dealer has pretty much the same information.

As a data point, I ordered my X5 on July 30, and it went into production around August 17. My recollection is that it took a little over one week to exit production and clear the VPC in Spartanburg. From there it traveled via rail to the VPC in Oxnard, and was released to Waggoners Trucking Monday (9/15) and is in transit to Portland with an ETA of either Thursday night (9/18) or Friday morning. So for me, the whole experience will have been a little over 6 weeks. In the scheme of things, not too bad.

It's frustrating when you're waiting, but when you receive her you'll quickly forget that angst. I told my daughter the same thing about the iPhone 6, BTW.
      09-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #1118
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:

I've been told that there is a shortage of rail cars for transport, but that they prioritize the "sold" cars to minimize delays. I have not heard of anything related to parts shortages, and I would kinda doubt that with BMW's supplier management team.
      09-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #1119
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
I've been told that there is a shortage of rail cars for transport, but that they prioritize the "sold" cars to minimize delays. I have not heard of anything related to parts shortages, and I would kinda doubt that with BMW's supplier management team.
Mine is coming via truck (I'm in MA) so rail delays are not the reason in my case. I am unable to find out anything else besides what my dealer told ("luxury seat part shortage"). Perhaps this relates to the stitching change.

Also, there have been parts shortages in the past for the F15. I believe leather and wheels might have been in short supply at one point early in the first F15 production cycle.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #1120
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Mine is coming via truck (I'm in MA) so rail delays are not the reason in my case. I am unable to find out anything else besides what my dealer told ("luxury seat part shortage"). Perhaps this relates to the stitching change.

Also, there have been parts shortages in the past for the F15. I believe leather and wheels might have been in short supply at one point early in the first F15 production cycle.
Ah, I missed that you have no rail transport to the northeast. My car just completed production with the Mocha Interior Design Package and Luxury Seating without any apparent hitches. Is that equivalent to your config?
      09-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #1121
mrwilby
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpitts View Post
Ah, I missed that you have no rail transport to the northeast. My car just completed production with the Mocha Interior Design Package and Luxury Seating without any apparent hitches. Is that equivalent to your config?
Yes, it is - although I am basically fully loaded except Night Vision and 3rd row.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2014, 12:19 AM   #1122
gpitts
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it is - although I am basically fully loaded except Night Vision and 3rd row.
That's about the same for me. She's an X5 3.5d, equipped as:

A96 - Mineral White
NAMY - Mocha Nappa Leather
ZMM - M Sport
2PW - 20" Wheels
ZCW - Cold Weather Pkg
ZDA - Driver Assistance Pkg
ZDB - Driver Assistance Plus
ZLP - Lighting Pkg
ZLS - Luxury Seating
ZMD - Mocha Interior Design Pkg
ZPP - Premium Pkg