BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-11-2023, 07:31 PM   #1
blackoutF15
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x35i

cold start weird drag or delay like sound

Hey guys and ladies,

Haven’t been on here for awhile. Haven’t done anything to the ride for some time. I tried searching the forum but couldn’t find an answer. I recently have been experiencing a drag or delay like sound when cold starting the car. During the day after initial start, it’s completely normal. The weird sound has been around for a little while but it doesn’t affect or stall the engine at all. Just like a split second of whining like a fart that doesn’t get push out fully at the beginning but if you push harder it comes out as normally would. Car was recently serviced for oil change and filter change by bmw dealer. At the time it didn’t make this sound. It really doesn’t bother me, and I wouldn’t even call it an issue. But I just want to make sure if it’s not something that can be a start of a bigger issue later if I choose to ignore it now, then I’d better get it fixed now. Anyone ever experienced this? Thanks 🙏
Appreciate 0