BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-04-2023, 12:49 PM   #1
Hurricane3710
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Possible 2018 x5 purchase

Thinking of buying this guy right here. Love black on black look . Also love the look for modded out x5s I see on here
View post on imgur.com

Also can get 2018 x5m like here but it will run me about 20k more from looking around
View post on imgur.com

Any advice for a guy looking to purchase an x5 and welcomed
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2023, 07:38 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

There's a lot of factors here at play, starting with your budget? As well as what you're looking for in an X5 as there's 5 different motors available (in the US) and a long list of optional packages and options which can really change the driving experience depending on how a given vehicle is spec'd.

Have you driven any yet? If you drive the X5M you'll likely will be underwhelmed at the other models (unless you just don't covet performance that much), but like you said there's a price premium on the X5M. Especially with an X5M, if it's higher mileage you should consider an aftermarket warranty, however those will cost you mightily. Not saying you shouldn't do it, but maintenance will be more on the X5M than say a 35i. Even the 50i which I have, a lot of people steer clear of those too. Personally, I love the V8 and am willing to deal with the added maintenance.

I see your a new member so unsure what your history is with BMWs... I'll say these are great vehicles but they can be expensive to own. Ideally you find one with lower miles and documented maintenance history, and of course a PPI is always a good thing with any used BMW.

Good luck - go do some test drives if you haven't already and let us know what you think!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2023, 12:09 PM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Prior to making a purchase decision, please ask for a complete and verifiable maintenance history.
Appreciate 0