BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-23-2019, 12:43 AM   #1
tito12121
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive35d

New to me 2015 X5 xDrive35d

Glad to rejoin Bimmerpost X5 forum with a new pickup.

Details:

2015 X5 xDrive35d - 61k Miles - White/Mocha - Luxury Line, Prem Pack, Cold Weather, Backup Cam - Immaculate condition inside and out.

Picked up from BMW of Greenwich for an amazing deal $22,720 +Tax and Fees. 1 Owner, Clean Carfax and full service history from local dealers. First of all the dealership was great, saw the car Friday afternoon right before close and it was ready the next AM. Traded in my 16 328 with 75k miles, they gave me a very fair trade value $2500 higher than KBB instant offer.

A little worried about the diesel aspect but I have already done much research. I drive about 20k miles a year so im looking forward to some gas savings even over my 3 series and I have a 19 ft Yamaha boat I need to tow during the summer months. I would love to keep it long term since I will always need a vehicle I can tow with and this seems like the right fit.

Future plans:

Aero Kit
20" OEM 451 Wheels
Fender Arch extensions (anyone want alpine white painted arches non extended let me know)
Tow hitch - Curt with OEM Wiring
Coding goodies
Possibly ABC Delete with Tune much later - hopefully before I have any pesky emission related issues.

Anyone who has experience with these Diesel engines who can recommend things I should look out for or any small things I can do to keep it running as smoothly as possible feel free to chime in.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Russmov1328.00
      12-23-2019, 01:18 AM   #2
KnudsonM3
MAGA
Rep
Drives: 99 M3, F15, F30

Hello and welcome.

Do you plan on changing your own oil? If so, DEF filling is really smooth when done like this guy here.

ABC delete will make the car smell really bad so make sure you get a cat if you do it.

Stealth hitch is the best hitch from what I've read on the forum.

My wife and I have put almost 6k on our diesel and love it. There is literally no car at any price I would rather have.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:03 AM   #3
The Libertine
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Porsche Macan

Awesome find - and at a great price. Congratulations!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
Deezulbeem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35d

Wow, great price. I am too looking to get my 35d set up for towing.
      12-23-2019, 11:57 PM   #5
scootr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 3.0 6MT

Just came home with a new to me 2018 Space Gray Metallic 35d with 7700 miles. She's loaded and I'm thrilled to have it. Hope to learn a lot here.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
spyderdoc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d. 2016 Porsche GT4

Congrats! Nice ride! If you are on FB, join the North American BMW Diesel Owners Group. Great group with lots of info.

I have a 2018 diesel as well. it is at 24k miles and has been a pleasure to drive. No problems to date....
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #7
scootr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4 3.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderdoc View Post
Congrats! Nice ride! If you are on FB, join the North American BMW Diesel Owners Group. Great group with lots of info.

I have a 2018 diesel as well. it is at 24k miles and has been a pleasure to drive. No problems to date....
Good to hear it. Took the X5 to the desert today. Good handling and economy. Here's a pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
tito12121
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr View Post
Quote:

Good to hear it. Took the X5 to the desert today. Good handling and economy. Here's a pic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnudsonM3 View Post
Hello and welcome.

Do you plan on changing your own oil? If so, DEF filling is really smooth when done like this guy here.

ABC delete will make the car smell really bad so make sure you get a cat if you do it.

I have heard about the smell, I will be looking into a Cat once I find someone who has done the work before that I can trust.

Stealth hitch is the best hitch from what I've read on the forum.

My wife and I have put almost 6k on our diesel and love it. There is literally no car at any price I would rather have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Libertine View Post
Awesome find - and at a great price. Congratulations!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezulbeem View Post
Wow, great price. I am too looking to get my 35d set up for towing.
Good luck in your search, be patient, I'm sure there's many out there looking for diesels but the average consumer tends to ignore them I think so you'll find it.

Quote:

Will do!

Good to hear it. Took the X5 to the desert today. Good handling and economy. Here's a pic[/QUOTE]

Great shot! Love the wheels.
Appreciate 0