BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW X5 and X6 Forum (F15/F16) > BMW X5 (F15) and BMW X6 (F16) Forum > Vendors Classifieds

05-03-2018, 07:19 PM   #1
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Thumbs up RG Sport - RaceChip RS / GTS Black N57 F15 X5 35d *** Free Shipping ***

ph: 626-217-2161 | Email Us

RaceChip RS / GTS Black

IMPORTANT: THIS ITEM IS INTENDED FOR RACE OR COMPETITION USE ONLY

RaceChip for F15 X5 xDrive35d

BMW F15 X5 xDrive35d

Supported smartphones/tables:

Apple operating system

The RaceChip app is compatible with all Apple smartphones and tablets supporting Bluetooth 4.0 and running iOS 7.0 or later.

Android operating system

The RaceChip app is compatible with smartphones supporting Bluetooth 4.0 and running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) or later.

Because of various specifications among Android smartphone makers, the RaceChip cannot be paired with the RaceChip app for the following devices:
  • Some Huawei and Honor devices running Android 7 (Nougat) can currently experience connection problems.
  • HTC and Sony devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
  • Some devices with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) without an update to Android 6.0.1 (Security Patch 01.10.2016) do not allow for a connection with the module at the moment. Please contact our customer support and we will inform you as soon as the feature is available.

Important features of the RaceChip App:

- Choose from 3 Performance Levels: Use the RaceChip App to adjust the increased power according to your needs in various driving situations. With your smartphone, you can switch between three performance levels, which are specifically customized for your engine: Efficiency, Sport, and Race. From gliding around bends in Efficiency mode to enjoying the maximum power boost in Race mode - The RaceChip app always allow you to set your car's performance mode.

- Easy reset to series condition: The RaceChip App allows you to restore your car to its original series condition via your smartphone at anytime. We have to admit: those who have experienced the boosted performance of RaceChip will rarely use this function.

- Warm-up Timer: The integrated warm-up timer allows you to set a warm-up phase for your engine before releasing the performance upgrade through Ultimate Connect. This helps you to ensure that your engine tuning only generates more power once the eninge has reached operating temperature.

- Comprehensive support: The RaceChip app helps you to utilize our know-how. If you wish to change the settings of the tuning software specially customized for your car, the new settings are loaded via update to the app and are then transferred to the Module. What was previously impossible is now very simple - you just tune up your tuning box.

- Automatic updates: You will always have the latest and best software version on your RaceChip.

- Useful extra features: The app automatically downloads car-specific data from RaceChip servers and saves them on your smartphone. You can also create a personal car profile.

CONDITION: BRAND NEW
ITEM LOCATION: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...

Last edited by r33_RGSport; 10-17-2018 at 04:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 10:56 AM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Bump on Father's day special!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #3
BeeBeau
E30 Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 91 318iS, 14 X5 35d

I was looking at the differences between the RS, GTS, and GTS Black and the main differences I can find is getting a 7th map and 5% better MPG (GTS/Black) and for the Black you get a warm up timer. (Yes, warranty and free re-programming as well...)

Okay, to my main question now, what makes the 7th map worth a $150 increase? Is it just to increase gas mileage 5%? The power claims are the same throughout each one... I do like that the black has a warm up timer, but at $250 over the RS I am not sure I love it.

Lastly, what is this re-programming fee for? Is that just if you change cars with different engines? (N57 to lets say N55, diesel to gas). Or do you have to pay for a re-programming if you just switch between two similar vehicles (335d to X5 35d).

How much is fathers day special? I might have to finally pull the trigger on one.
      06-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeau View Post
I was looking at the differences between the RS, GTS, and GTS Black and the main differences I can find is getting a 7th map and 5% better MPG (GTS/Black) and for the Black you get a warm up timer. (Yes, warranty and free re-programming as well...)

Okay, to my main question now, what makes the 7th map worth a $150 increase? Is it just to increase gas mileage 5%? The power claims are the same throughout each one... I do like that the black has a warm up timer, but at $250 over the RS I am not sure I love it.

Lastly, what is this re-programming fee for? Is that just if you change cars with different engines? (N57 to lets say N55, diesel to gas). Or do you have to pay for a re-programming if you just switch between two similar vehicles (335d to X5 35d).

How much is fathers day special? I might have to finally pull the trigger on one.
Here are the differences.

GTS
- 7 Maps (Different mapping than GTS Black)
- 1x Free Re-programming if you change car (Required if the map are different between old car and new car).

GTS Black
- 7 Maps (Different mapping than GTS)
- 2x Free Re-programming if you change car (Required if the map are different between old car and new car).
- Warm-up timer built-in (RS and GTS uses the App for warm-up timer)

So, to sum it up. GTS and GTS Black have different mapping, but have the same number of maps.
2x re-programming fee will cover the price difference between RS and GTS Black. Without it, you are going to pay $149/re-programming, not including new harness if needed and shipping cost to us.

In most cases, some car with the same engine doesn't need to re-program. But, some do need re-programming since it has different mapping.

PM me the last 7 of your VIN to confirm the application also which model that you are interested in.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
underworldfury
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X6M

Highly recommend the GTS Black, and working with Ben is a pleasure.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12966.00
      06-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by underworldfury View Post
Highly recommend the GTS Black, and working with Ben is a pleasure.
Thank you for the business and the bump.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 01:34 PM   #7
Maalo07
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X35i MPPK GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post

ph: 626-217-2161 | Email Us

RaceChip RS / GTS / GTS Black

IMPORTANT: THIS ITEM IS INTENDED FOR RACE OR COMPETITION USE ONLY

RaceChip for F15 X5 xDrive35d

BMW F15 X5 xDrive35d

Supported smartphones/tables:

Apple operating system

The RaceChip app is compatible with all Apple smartphones and tablets supporting Bluetooth 4.0 and running iOS 7.0 or later.

Android operating system

The RaceChip app is compatible with smartphones supporting Bluetooth 4.0 and running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) or later.

Because of various specifications among Android smartphone makers, the RaceChip cannot be paired with the RaceChip app for the following devices:
  • Some Huawei and Honor devices running Android 7 (Nougat) can currently experience connection problems.
  • HTC and Sony devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
  • Some devices with Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) without an update to Android 6.0.1 (Security Patch 01.10.2016) do not allow for a connection with the module at the moment. Please contact our customer support and we will inform you as soon as the feature is available.

Important features of the RaceChip App:

- Choose from 3 Performance Levels: Use the RaceChip App to adjust the increased power according to your needs in various driving situations. With your smartphone, you can switch between three performance levels, which are specifically customized for your engine: Efficiency, Sport, and Race. From gliding around bends in Efficiency mode to enjoying the maximum power boost in Race mode - The RaceChip app always allow you to set your car's performance mode.

- Easy reset to series condition: The RaceChip App allows you to restore your car to its original series condition via your smartphone at anytime. We have to admit: those who have experienced the boosted performance of RaceChip will rarely use this function.

- Warm-up Timer: The integrated warm-up timer allows you to set a warm-up phase for your engine before releasing the performance upgrade through Ultimate Connect. This helps you to ensure that your engine tuning only generates more power once the eninge has reached operating temperature.

- Comprehensive support: The RaceChip app helps you to utilize our know-how. If you wish to change the settings of the tuning software specially customized for your car, the new settings are loaded via update to the app and are then transferred to the Module. What was previously impossible is now very simple - you just tune up your tuning box.

- Automatic updates: You will always have the latest and best software version on your RaceChip.

- Useful extra features: The app automatically downloads car-specific data from RaceChip servers and saves them on your smartphone. You can also create a personal car profile.

CONDITION: BRAND NEW
ITEM LOCATION: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Hey Ben,
Can you PM me on how this works? Definitely interested for my 2014 X35i w/MPPK.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 10:36 AM   #8
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maalo07 View Post
Hey Ben,
Can you PM me on how this works? Definitely interested for my 2014 X35i w/MPPK.
Thanks
PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #9
goowatchi
Chairman of the Board.
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I have a 2015 X5 SDrive35i, please send me a quote for GTS and GTS Black. I already have a JB+ tune on it, and would appreciate your input on pros/cons of this tune vs what I have. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #10
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goowatchi View Post
I have a 2015 X5 SDrive35i, please send me a quote for GTS and GTS Black. I already have a JB+ tune on it, and would appreciate your input on pros/cons of this tune vs what I have. Thanks!
PM'ed
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:03 PM   #11
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #12
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Bump for Easy Plug n Play mods.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #13
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 04:26 PM   #14
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Make your Diesel Great Again!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 01:50 PM   #15
BMW_13
Rep
Drives: 2018 F15 35d

Hi,
will this work on a 2018 F15 3.5D? Any impact on fuel consumption when not using the performance modes? impact on warranty ? easy install? Please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #16
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_13 View Post
Hi,
will this work on a 2018 F15 3.5D? Any impact on fuel consumption when not using the performance modes? impact on warranty ? easy install? Please let me know.
Yes, this will work on F15 X5 xDrive35d.
No fuel consumption impact when not using performance modes.
Warranty wise, it shouldn't void the warranty unless the dealer can proof that it is indeed that causing the failure or damage to the vehicle.
I am not a lawyer, but you can look up Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Installation is easy. In average, it will take about 20-30 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #17
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #18
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #19
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep

PM for more information
Appreciate 0