BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-20-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
superdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i M Sport

Need some advice, and color. Please help.

Sorry to put so much in one thread. I'll keep it brief.

First and easy, I suppose. I locked my keys in the car today. I didn't think it possible. But I got out, and pressed the button not realizing keys were still inside, and it locked. Had a buddy go to my house and get my spare. Lesson learned.

Two, finally got my windows tinted today after five months. That's somewhat long for me to keep a car, so it's a bit of a testament to how much I like my car.

But it's black on black on black. Need some color. I think red calipers are overplayed at this point. Yellow...never. So I'd like to go blue. If anyone can give me some advise on where to get them, I'd be grateful.

Lastly, I've got 20's. Im thinking I'll go 21 or 22. But I might as well put all seasons on them. Is this possible? All seasons on big wheels? Any advice on where I should look would be helpful.

Likely, I'll order the wheels, tires and calipers and have a local shop install them all in one shot.

Your thoughts and advice would be most welcome.

Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #2
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
The factory M performance brake kit for F15 is blue. Getbmwparts and/or dealer sells. And I'm sure you could search the tire size for the 21 or 22 and find an all season if not at least a 3 season.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 09:44 PM   #3
zinengineer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Space Gray X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
...... after five months. That's somewhat long for me to keep a car.....
really, keeping a car 5 months is a long time? it takes me that long to figure out everything it will do and fully begin to appreciate it!

Do you get Christmas cards from your insurance agent and the local county tax agent for the costs associated with constantly changing vehicles??
      07-21-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
superdog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
The factory M performance brake kit for F15 is blue. Getbmwparts and/or dealer sells. And I'm sure you could search the tire size for the 21 or 22 and find an all season if not at least a 3 season.
Thanks. I called my dealership. They won't do it

I'll follow up with getbmwparts.

And I'll search for wheel and tire packages. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2017, 10:30 AM   #5
superdog
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinengineer View Post
really, keeping a car 5 months is a long time? it takes me that long to figure out everything it will do and fully begin to appreciate it!

Do you get Christmas cards from your insurance agent and the local county tax agent for the costs associated with constantly changing vehicles??
Well, I tend to go a year. But I've got two cars so it seems like every six months. And my daily over the last two years has been swapped out a few times. Long story not worth getting in to.

But that's done with. I'm very happy with my two so hoping to stick with them both.

I tend to get s lot of mail from Sirius. But that's it
Appreciate 0