12-03-2014, 06:36 AM   #1
08bmw128i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M

memory settings question/sos malfunction

Hi All,

So I have a 2015 X5 which I love. I had a 2013 X3 35i and loved that as well, but wanted something bigger and more luxurious. So I'm noticing a few things with the car. First when I get in the car and put the car in reverse, it automatically goes into rear camera mode, and I have to select the surround view if I want that turned on. In the X3 if I previously had on the top view and put the car in reverse it would stay in top view mode until I toggled to the rear view camera. Is this not something that the X5 does now?

Next, I'm usually the only one in the car and always keep the car the same temp and use the sync button. I've noticed that when I leave the car and come back into the car that the sync is now turned off. I had a 2012 528i and it would remember the sync setting for the temperatures.

Lastly, when I start driving about a minute after, I get a malfunction message that comes up and says SOS Emergency Call Malfunction. I've also noticed that I can't use the BMW remote app, the BMW online features don't work as well. I contacted BMW assist and they said I haven't activated and features and have I pressed the SOS button. Well I can't press the SOS button since it doesn't work. I know when I picked up the vehicle the had done a full PDI on it since I had to go back for them to enter in the Navigation code for that to work. I know they also installed LoJack in the vehicle, so maybe they did something when that happened.

Anyways I have an appointment tomorrow about the sos feature, but if anyone could help me out about surround view and the sync issue that would be great.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #2
NPickles
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F15 40D SE Space Grey/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
Hi All,

So I have a 2015 X5 which I love. I had a 2013 X3 35i and loved that as well, but wanted something bigger and more luxurious. So I'm noticing a few things with the car. First when I get in the car and put the car in reverse, it automatically goes into rear camera mode, and I have to select the surround view if I want that turned on. In the X3 if I previously had on the top view and put the car in reverse it would stay in top view mode until I toggled to the rear view camera. Is this not something that the X5 does now?

Next, I'm usually the only one in the car and always keep the car the same temp and use the sync button. I've noticed that when I leave the car and come back into the car that the sync is now turned off. I had a 2012 528i and it would remember the sync setting for the temperatures.

Lastly, when I start driving about a minute after, I get a malfunction message that comes up and says SOS Emergency Call Malfunction. I've also noticed that I can't use the BMW remote app, the BMW online features don't work as well. I contacted BMW assist and they said I haven't activated and features and have I pressed the SOS button. Well I can't press the SOS button since it doesn't work. I know when I picked up the vehicle the had done a full PDI on it since I had to go back for them to enter in the Navigation code for that to work. I know they also installed LoJack in the vehicle, so maybe they did something when that happened.

Anyways I have an appointment tomorrow about the sos feature, but if anyone could help me out about surround view and the sync issue that would be great.

Thanks!
I can't really comment on the Surround View issue as I don't have it on mine.

Regarding A/C Sync, in mine I have it setup just like you and it stays like that between starts. I am in the UK. If yours is behaving differently then it is going to be something you probably need to code to change the behaviour of I reckon.

I should check the coding thread on here to see if it is in there or in the coding list.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #3
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

1) Surround view cars with the latest software update default to Reverse Camera now only and give you the option to select a different camera view with the iDrive controller. Unfortunately, BMW being the "geniuses" (cough) that they are, decide to change, decode, or get rid of useful features. Nothing can be done about this until they fix or change it back in the next software update.

2) The recirculation memory and AC fan settings can be coded to remember the last known functions. MEMORY_UMLUFT and MEMORY_OFF in IHKA2 folder.

3) This looks like a definite fix the dealer has to deal with

Good luck .
      12-04-2014, 02:05 AM   #4
Baunton
Major
England
Rep
Drives: X5 45e 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
1) Surround view cars with the latest software update default to Reverse Camera now only and give you the option to select a different camera view with the iDrive controller. Unfortunately, BMW being the "geniuses" (cough) that they are, decide to change, decode, or get rid of useful features. Nothing can be done about this until they fix or change it back in the next software update.

2) The recirculation memory and AC fan settings can be coded to remember the last known functions. MEMORY_UMLUFT and MEMORY_OFF in IHKA2 folder.

3) This looks like a definite fix the dealer has to deal with

Good luck .
To your #2 I don't code and have never had to change the A/C or temperature settings. They always stay on the last setting whenever I have got back into the car. Is this a build date thing? My production date was April 2014.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 02:08 AM   #5
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baunton View Post
To your #2 I don't code and have never had to change the A/C or temperature settings. They always stay on the last setting whenever I have got back into the car. Is this a build date thing? My production date was April 2014.
Yeah, it's something related to that or something truly random. Mine would remember and stopped remembering, so I ended up coding both. I had no dealer updates to my knowledge, but the dealer could have updated some stuff when I had my car in a while back for the scratchy speaker issue I had, who knows. Either way, the code works just fine for those whose cars do not remember it.