BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
someguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Send Address to X5 from iphone app?

so, I go to the "BMW Remote" iphone app (that is fully set up and operational) and I click "Control" and then "Online search".

then I type in the desired address, then I click on the icon on the map and it takes me to the page that has the option at the bottom that says "Send to vehicle" and I click that. then it says "Data Transfer successful" (with a big checkmark).

(I'm putting the above part in this thread to make it useful for others who don't know how to do this, because it isn't that intuitive.)

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

How do I retrieve that address in my car? I can't find it anywhere.

someguy
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 07:03 AM   #2
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
so, I go to the "BMW Remote" iphone app (that is fully set up and operational) and I click "Control" and then "Online search".

then I type in the desired address, then I click on the icon on the map and it takes me to the page that has the option at the bottom that says "Send to vehicle" and I click that. then it says "Data Transfer successful" (with a big checkmark).

(I'm putting the above part in this thread to make it useful for others who don't know how to do this, because it isn't that intuitive.)

HERE IS THE QUESTION:

How do I retrieve that address in my car? I can't find it anywhere.
Go into your iDrive, Connected Drive > BMW Assist Messages. It will be there as a new message with the option to navigate and to call if your location has a phone number.
      10-04-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

You can also go menu-> office -> messages
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
You can also go menu-> office -> messages
if they have EBT
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #5
someguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
if they have EBT
What is EBT?

(BTW: thank you to all for the help.)

someguy
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
What is EBT?

(BTW: thank you to all for the help.)
Extended Bluetooth... (6NS) $500 or free by coding
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 01:28 AM   #7
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
Extended Bluetooth... (6NS) $500 or free by coding
What advantage it gives ???
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 04:33 AM   #8
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsvrub
What advantage it gives ???
Here you go
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #9
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

The main reason I ordered the car with 6NS was due to additional microphone as I thought it would improve quality of communication via Bluetooth. At the time of ordering, I did not know u could code the rest of the features. I do wNt to say that out of all cars my family ever had, primarily Audi and Infiniti, Bimmer has the best phone Bluetooth quality, hands down. However, from reading the forums, it appears that 6NS adds another microphone on the passenger side so my main reason of getting the package would not really affect the driver's functions. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 09:01 AM   #10
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisina4 View Post
The main reason I ordered the car with 6NS was due to additional microphone as I thought it would improve quality of communication via Bluetooth. At the time of ordering, I did not know u could code the rest of the features. I do wNt to say that out of all cars my family ever had, primarily Audi and Infiniti, Bimmer has the best phone Bluetooth quality, hands down. However, from reading the forums, it appears that 6NS adds another microphone on the passenger side so my main reason of getting the package would not really affect the driver's functions. Please correct me if I am wrong.
you are right.. if you want another microphone you need that option. But for better call quality which works by using external antenna for reception, you need to plug in the phone in the craddle in the center console.

as long as you are only into second microphone the option is worth it. But if you are in for better reception of cell signal, you need to plug it in cradle.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 09:49 AM   #11
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Hangover, thank u for ur response. I am not concerned about reception as AT&T coverage in my area is pretty good. As far as cradle, with new phones coming out every year, iPhone for example with new sizes, if I would have bought iPhone 5 adaptor, it would be useless for iPhone 6. At the same time, as I mentioned in my original post, it appears that 6NS adds another microphone on the passenger side and nothing additional on driver's side so it would not really affect conversation quality for the driver. Am I correct about it?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 03:19 PM   #12
Hang0ver
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisina4 View Post
Hangover, thank u for ur response. I am not concerned about reception as AT&T coverage in my area is pretty good. As far as cradle, with new phones coming out every year, iPhone for example with new sizes, if I would have bought iPhone 5 adaptor, it would be useless for iPhone 6. At the same time, as I mentioned in my original post, it appears that 6NS adds another microphone on the passenger side and nothing additional on driver's side so it would not really affect conversation quality for the driver. Am I correct about it?
you are totally right about it.. 6NS coding ofcourse adds software functionality, so if you want another microphone so that people in car don't need to shout, then its good to get that option as we ofcourse can't get second microphone with coding and he would be a wizard if it happens
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #13
igorsvrub
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5, 40d

Quote:
Here you go
Thanx, looks like that I have 6NS
Appreciate 0