BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-26-2024, 03:10 PM   #1
jakeferryf87
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x5 f15

Heated seats f15

Not sure if anyone on here can help, I purchased an ex police bmw f15 2017, no heated seats, I have installed heated seats and the climate controller in dash, the heated seats won’t work, the passenger seats has full function, however the driver seat with memory has only function when ignition is on but not started once vehicle is started the seat function stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 12:25 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Check this thread out, has pin out information and sweat swapping process:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1451052
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 10:47 PM   #3
Garth2079
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 Comp Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeferryf87 View Post
Not sure if anyone on here can help, I purchased an ex police bmw f15 2017, no heated seats, I have installed heated seats and the climate controller in dash, the heated seats won’t work, the passenger seats has full function, however the driver seat with memory has only function when ignition is on but not started once vehicle is started the seat function stops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I recall seeing a YT guy swap out seats on an ex-UK police 5 series. He had similar problems, even after coding the new seats. In particular, his seat controls only worked for 15 seconds. That's because the CANBUS loom was missing a couple of cables, so the car couldn't communicate with the extra seat modules in the upgraded seats, and the car would cut power to the seat after trying to communicate with it for 15 seconds and getting no response.

I'm not sure why BMW would feel the need to have a separate wiring loom just to save on a handful of cables in it. It seems like a hassle to have different parts where the only difference is some missing wires. But I think that's your issue. Take a look at this to get an idea of what's involved, although it isn't an F15.

It was at that point I decided to wait until I found an identical seat to replace my faulty one. Even now I see a fault code that the seat module doesn't match the car's VIN, but it works and hence I'll try the reported fix when I can afford for the car to be out of action in case everything goes belly up.

Good luck. Apologies my answer is a bit vague but I'm going from memory and this was a couple of years ago. I tried to find the original CANBUS video but couldn't, and came across the guy above. He seems pretty sure of his stuff but I'm not sure I'd be taking my car to his "workshop" which seems to be a public road... no offence
Appreciate 0