BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-16-2016, 03:53 PM   #1
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

How much power can the driveline handle????

As I venture into the world of tuning this platform, I ask this question as I know some guys have tested the limits. I've searched high and low and can't find much.
I did read that with FBO the tranny starts to slip in 3rd. I'm not a quarter mile guy so I wont be launching it much, but want to get an idea of the limits.

Thanks,

Greg
      12-16-2016, 04:08 PM   #2
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

if you're going to buy a 35i or 50i and dump a ton of money into it just buy an x5m and get a tune with supporting hardware and in you're already 700hp+ on vehicle that was meant to do that from jump street. you will not have to worry about suspension upgrades, brake upgrades, cooling, engine management etc. just a lot easier but also begs the question of the objective. more important is the question of why? (i see in your sig you're no stranger to HO vehicles but why would you want to make an elephant sprint? especially if the group dedicated to that already did a fine job of it.)
Appreciate 0