BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-11-2020, 07:32 AM   #1
dr_greenthumb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14' F15 X5 35i x

Seat belt issue

My rear driver side backseat belt has quit holding on the to metal portion? I have looked inside the belt and don't see anything that is obstructing the belt, I just really don't have any options on what/how to fix anything, the hole is so small to try and look for anything, but I have tried to gently, and forcefully put the belt in without any luck??

Any tips or idea's would be great, I need this belt for passengers. TIA
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
TCTech
TCTech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 X5 x35i

Sorry for asking the obvious, but are you sure that you are trying to connect the belt to the correct buckle? The inboard (middle passenger) belt tab is designed to work with only the middle-most buckle -- it will not engage with either of the outboard buckles. The same is true for the outboard belts -- the tabs for those belts will not engage with the inboard (middle) buckle. The inboard buckle is on the passenger side on my car, so it would be a stretch to get the driver side belt over that far to try and latch it, but I thought it was still worth double-checking. What you are describing doesn't seem to be a common issue with these vehicles, at least in this forum. If the belt won't latch with the proper buckle, it seems like a visit to your dealer is in order.
      02-11-2020, 12:11 PM   #3
dr_greenthumb
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 14' F15 X5 35i x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTech View Post
Sorry for asking the obvious, but are you sure that you are trying to connect the belt to the correct buckle? The inboard (middle passenger) belt tab is designed to work with only the middle-most buckle -- it will not engage with either of the outboard buckles. The same is true for the outboard belts -- the tabs for those belts will not engage with the inboard (middle) buckle. The inboard buckle is on the passenger side on my car, so it would be a stretch to get the driver side belt over that far to try and latch it, but I thought it was still worth double-checking. What you are describing doesn't seem to be a common issue with these vehicles, at least in this forum. If the belt won't latch with the proper buckle, it seems like a visit to your dealer is in order.
I was hoping to avoid the $tealer, but I guess I need to dig around and see if I can find something that might have lodged itself into the female connector. My youngest may have put something inside, but I can't see anything inside the small opening...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 12:50 AM   #4
TCTech
TCTech
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 X5 x35i

Kid-proofing has to be one of the biggest challenges for automotive engineers, even for the wizards in Munich! Good luck!