Originally Posted by askylitdrive View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ut3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Great info--thanks.

My JB4+BCM is being installed as I type into my wife's X5M.

I have a few questions:
1 Did you have any issues specific to installing it that would be good for me to know?
2. Did you ever get the in-car control working (via the BC button I mean)?

Thanks.
Crickets... anyone?
No issues other than BC interface not working.
Got a couple of questions just to clarify, does the bluetooth app let you change maps via phone? And are people running map 2 without downpipes? If they arent is map 1 the only map for people without downpipes?
Yes and data log map 2 using no downpipes, it's really meant for 93+ so if you have that then likely no issues. You can data log using app too
Thanks for the reply!
But the bluetooth app lets you change the map on you phone? What other features come with the bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 05:51 AM   #90
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ut3r View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Great info--thanks.

My JB4+BCM is being installed as I type into my wife's X5M.

I have a few questions:
1 Did you have any issues specific to installing it that would be good for me to know?
2. Did you ever get the in-car control working (via the BC button I mean)?

Thanks.
Crickets... anyone?
No issues other than BC interface not working.
Got a couple of questions just to clarify, does the bluetooth app let you change maps via phone? And are people running map 2 without downpipes? If they arent is map 1 the only map for people without downpipes?
Yes and data log map 2 using no downpipes, it's really meant for 93+ so if you have that then likely no issues. You can data log using app too
Thanks for the reply!
But the bluetooth app lets you change the map on you phone? What other features come with the bluetooth?
I can tell you it's not easy getting in, not crazy difficult but a lot of work "JB4" that is..... but it's fucking amazing
      11-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #91
x6m8530
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 x6m 2014 I3 2017 I3

Have an X6m and thinking about JB4 or Racechip. Was wondering about the final #'s over stock. I can't find them anywhere here for X5m or X6M or even on Youtube. Everyone says JB4 is better and wakes the cars up but I yet to read any quantifiable #'s. For example I had a 335d. Stock it was 5.4sec 0-60. I did the down pipe, no cat, ECM remapped by Bimmer Performance center, etc, etc. I got a nasty little 335d that rolled coal and sat 4.1 sec 0-60. I got huge quantifiable gains.

What are the quantifiable gains in general? A stock X5m or X6m is 0-60 in 4.1-4.2 depending. Can anyone here provide the 0-60#s that they have seen or got on iphone? I saw a few rolling 40mph runs but no 0-60#s on an X5m or X6m with Jb4 or racechip.

Thanks all
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 10:33 AM   #92
rcrs2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M, 2014 M6 GC comp

Does anyone have a pic of where the boost solenoids are. Trying to install JB4 and can see only 1 on the boost solenoids. The pics on the install guide aren’t clear.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:10 PM   #93
rcrs2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5M, 2014 M6 GC comp

Just did the Jb4 install. It was a PITA. The F85 is much more difficult and time consuming compared to the f80 M3. Took me a full day and a half for the X5M, only about 3 hours for the M3. The worst part was getting the Intercooler to move enough to reach the boost solenoid. It's sitting under the passenger side intercooler. Ended up taking out the fan to get more room. Glad it's done, now I can enjoy the power.
Appreciate 0