09-25-2016, 10:16 PM   #2773
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F12 Singapore Gray M6 Conv

Highbeam with welcome lights

Hi All,

I was able to code my F12 M6 with the high beams on with Welcome Lights.

Is there away i can program my F16 X6 with the the same, i know the functions are a little different. I wanted to get the fog lights on as well, but i read somewhere that it doesn't work on the F16.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:16 AM   #2774
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6BMWDriver View Post
Thank you for you help

So here is the update, it was a combination of the watchdog and Active PDC and Auto PDC. So not sure which one, but I just added this feature to my F12 M6. I actually like it now, and you can turn it off and on from the setting menu.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #2775
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

I'm going in for my regular servicing and I'm wondering if my software is updated, what is the quickest way to restore my settings?

1) Can I somehow replace the new cafd file with the backup that has all the coded settings?

2) Do a file compare and then manually re-code?

thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #2776
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
I'm going in for my regular servicing and I'm wondering if my software is updated, what is the quickest way to restore my settings?

1) Can I somehow replace the new cafd file with the backup that has all the coded settings?

thanks.
I just got my car back from the dealer, they had to change my AMP on the M6. I tired to just code my CAFD files, but it turns out they reprogrammed the car and the files are just a little different.

So it depends if they reprogram your car and change the CAFD files. if not then just put your back up files and FDL code them.

with my X6 they reprogrammed the car but the files stayed the same so i just FDL Coded my back up files and I'm back to where i was.

I would take a back up of everything, the FA file and SVT files, then also the CAFD files before you bring it in.

I hope that will help you.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #2777
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:

thanks.
If dealer programs you car, ECU will get a new CAFD, and restoring backed up coding data from old CAFD "A" into new CAFD "B" is not wise. They may not be aligned.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 04:12 PM   #2778
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:

thanks.
As others stated, if vehicle is programmed, it is not wise to load saved cafd's from earlier version.

When programmed, usually CAFD_ID's (eg, CAFD_00000DED) will not change; however, the major, minor, and patch version (ie three sets of numbers after ID) will change.

If you do not have a list of options you coded, you can use TM's NCD / CAFD Tool to highlight differences. Be aware that updates sometimes come with tweaks in settings; so, depending on the ECU modules, it may highlight changes you would not want to set back.

The quickest way to recode is with Built in Launcher Cheat Codes.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:01 PM   #2779
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
As others stated, if vehicle is programmed, it is not wise to load saved cafd's from earlier version.

When programmed, usually CAFD_ID's (eg, CAFD_00000DED) will not change; however, the major, minor, and patch version (ie three sets of numbers after ID) will change.

If you do not have a list of options you coded, you can use TM's NCD / CAFD Tool to highlight differences. Be aware that updates sometimes come with tweaks in settings; so, depending on the ECU modules, it may highlight changes you would not want to set back.

The quickest way to recode is with Built in Launcher Cheat Codes.
Great! Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do have all the tweaks listed in my own cheat sheet, so as painful as it will be, I'll recode the over 50 changes back manually. Thanks for the link to the tool, I'll check it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 12:10 AM   #2780
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Great! Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do have all the tweaks listed in my own cheat sheet, so as painful as it will be, I'll recode the over 50 changes back manually. Thanks for the link to the tool, I'll check it out.
By Cheat Codes, I mean the xml file's found in the launcher program directory to easily check and apply. See my NGHB example for FLE:

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #2781
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
Updated the Coding list with a new code! This is a great feature if you don't have surround view so you can see exactly how far you are from a curb, concrete stopper, or garage wall!

Rear View Camera Zoom (thank you @LesAshmore): So, this allows a downward vertical zoom from the rear view camera supposedly from the trailer hitch perspective. It's great for checking how close you are to an object when you reverse.

HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > MACRO_TRAILER_COUPLING > nicht_aktiv to aktiv

Pics: I've shown what the rear image looks like with the rear view camera followed by the tow hitch view.

@opasha

This might be somewhere in this huge thread, sorry for the re-questioning if so...

Besides this, do you know how to disable the PDC (or just sound) when a trailer is connected it's always driving me nuts...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #2782
MrTookies
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i, 2015 F15 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan
Quote:

thanks.
If dealer programs you car, ECU will get a new CAFD, and restoring backed up coding data from old CAFD "A" into new CAFD "B" is not wise. They may not be aligned.
So far...every time I went it to service I requested not to code the car so I would not loose my coding. Is this something that you would recommend, or is there some new codes that should go on to the car, like security updates on a computer or phone?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #2783
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
So after a few months, I finally had some time to look at the x5 coding again. Here is a better clarification for the last drive modes.

If you go into the ICM module then the 300A DSC ICM CODIERDATEN folder. Towards the middle you will see a few feshasmode codes.

Mode 1 = Comfort
Mode 2 = Comfort +
Mode 3 = not sure
Mode 4 = Sport
Mode 5 = Sport+
Mode 6 = Don't know yet
Mode 7 = Eco Pro
Mode 8 = Edrive (not relevant)

You can turn any of these on (even though most are on by default) by activating the corresponding feshasmode code. For example, to turn on comfort+, you would change feshasmode2 to active.

Below these codes you will find a few fesallowmodelastfunction codes. If you turn these on, the car will remember the last setting it was in when you turned it off, and will then turn on in the same setting. You can turn on more than one at a time.

So fesallowmode2lastfunction will remember comfort+ mode, fesallowmode4lastfunction will remember sport mode, and fesallowmode7lastfuncion will remember eco pro.

The last thing you will need to do to get the car to not reset the last driving mode is change the werte in feslastfunctioninterval to FF.

P.S. for those of you that don't have sport+ on your car, you should try just turning on feshasmode3 and see if that solves the issue.
Hmm that's interesting! Do you know if this allows to have a 40 Edrive start up in max E-drive mode instead of auto E-drive?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 06:07 PM   #2784
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bols View Post
Hmm that's interesting! Do you know if this allows to have a 40 Edrive start up in max E-drive mode instead of auto E-drive?
So if your turn on Comfort+ can you configure it just like how you configure Sport and Sport+. If yes, where do you do that from?

I have Comfort+ and Sport+ but I'm just curious to know if i can comfigure Comfort+ in iDriver?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #2785
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Shawnsheridan-

Could I get a link to the latest files, please? Also, do you have a link to the FSC/NBT code generator? The ones I have tried to download from the 2addicts forum here are not working/sketchy as hell!. I have managed to find the latest map torrent.

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:17 PM   #2786
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Shawnsheridan-

Could I get a link to the latest files, please?...
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2016, 10:31 AM   #2787
spike5150
Captain
Rep

Thanks Shawn!

On another note, had dealer install hitch and wiring recently, and now the rear left window will not auto-roll up (from either the drivers or rear door switches). Any idea if there is some coding I can do to fix this? Also the confirmation gong one usually gets with setting seat memory disappeared. would like to try a coding fix as it will be a while before it needs to go to the dealer otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 11:09 AM   #2788
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks Shawn!

On another note, had dealer install hitch and wiring recently, and now the rear left window will not auto-roll up (from either the drivers or rear door switches). Any idea if there is some coding I can do to fix this? Also the confirmation gong one usually gets with setting seat memory disappeared. would like to try a coding fix as it will be a while before it needs to go to the dealer otherwise.
For Window, try this:

Erasure of initialization:
• Open door window glass fully
• Operate power window switch in "Open" position four times within 10 seconds

This erases initialization of the power window, anti-trapping protection and toll function are inactive.
Check whether one-touch control (toll) function is inactive, otherwise repeat procedure.

Reinitialization:
Avoid a break between the two steps!
• Operate and hold power window switch in "Close" position (second switch stage)
• Once the upper end position has been reached, hold power window switch in "Close" position for approx. 2 seconds longer
• Operate and hold power window switch in "Close" position (second switch stage)
• Once the upper end position has been reached, hold power window switch in "Close" position for approx. 2 seconds longer

For Gong, there is coding in Seat Module, but not sure it works in latest firmware or not:

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1278132

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #2789
spike5150
Captain
Rep

Thanks. Strange reading about the seat gong issue. Somebody messed up the firmware I guess.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 07:14 PM   #2790
spike5150
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitteEinBit View Post

22 June 16 Update:
Turning the paddles off and coding ALL folders (except DME) 2TB, and clearing DTCs must be the trick for my car.
Can you elaborate on what coding all folders means to keep this from happening? Getting ready to add 2TB to my xLine and want to get it right from the start. Do you mean VO code all folders (except DME, of course).

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 10:35 PM   #2791
mat3333
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 x35i

Shawn,
Can you send me a link to the latest files?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #2792
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Can you elaborate on what coding all folders means to keep this from happening? Getting ready to add 2TB to my xLine and want to get it right from the start. Do you mean VO code all folders (except DME, of course).

Thanks
That is what that means. But, you really only need to VO code BDC_BODY, ICM, and KOMBI. The paddle setting (PADDLES_VERBAUT) is in BDC if you need to disable.

EDIT: You can always use TM's NCD / CAFD Tool to check which ECU's are affected.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #2793
M6BMWDriver
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

High Beam with WelcomeLights

Hi

For The F16 which code is it to turn the high beams with Welcome Lights?

Also, did anyone figure out how we can turn on the icon on the cluster to show the heated steering wheel is activated or not?

Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 03:16 PM   #2794
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat3333 View Post
Can you send me a link to the latest files?
PM Sent
Appreciate 0