BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-05-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

ZDH (Dynamic Handling) and VTF spring comparisons

I have the ZDH Dynamic Handling Package option in my 35d. I know this is probably a long shot since there aren't as many ZDH builds out there, but can anyone chime in about how the VTF springs feel compared to OEM springs in Sport or Sport+ modes?

Will the ride with VTF springs while in comfort mode be comparable to OEM springs in Sport or Sport+, or are the VTF even firmer yet?

I've been contemplating getting H&R VTF springs, but I really dont want to destroy the ride if they are too harsh.

Pic for reference to see how the ZDH compares to standard suspension.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
RED_Y_
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 3.5d

Its a pinned post with lengthy discussion:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=913797
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #3
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_Y_ View Post
Its a pinned post with lengthy discussion:
https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=913797
That posts talks about the different suspension options. It does not talk about comparing VTF springs to OEM in different modes.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #4
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

For all round use there is no other combination of suspension components better than the DHP option that came from the factory.

Sure, you can install your choice of springs, shocks and roll bar which yields a setup good for a finite condition, but, it’s still a setup without the adjustability of the factory DHP option. Ben is in the best position to recommend what that may be based on his experience.

However, I always bear in mind that I cannot ignore the laws of physics, no matter how much fun it is.
      05-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #5
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15GorDe View Post
For all round use there is no other combination of suspension components better than the DHP option that came from the factory.

Sure, you can install your choice of springs, shocks and roll bar which yields a setup good for a finite condition, but, it’s still a setup without the adjustability of the factory DHP option. Ben is in the best position to recommend what that may be based on his experience.

However, I always bear in mind that I cannot ignore the laws of physics, no matter how much fun it is.
VTF springs are H&R adjustable lowering springs. Installing those will not take away from any of the DHP features.

I am not trying to improve the ride, I'm trying to get an idea of how the ride quality is going to feel if I installed VTF springs. Its going to be a stiffer ride, but HOW stiff is it going to be? If it's not a drastic change and is comparable to how sport or sport+ feels now, then I might do it, if its a drastic change and will be spine breaking rough, then I don't want to do it.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 11:02 PM   #6
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

[QUOTE=2one8;26140815]VTF springs are H&R adjustable lowering springs. Installing those will not take away from any of the DHP features.

I am not trying to improve the ride, I'm trying to get an idea of how the ride quality is going to feel if I installed VTF springs. Its going to be a stiffer ride, but HOW stiff is it going to be? If it's not a drastic change and is comparable to how sport or sport+ feels now, then I might do it, if its a drastic change and will be spine breaking rough, then I don't want to do it.

Please,let us know of your experience if you choose to install the springs.
Consider it your contribution to this forum.
      04-12-2023, 10:31 PM   #7
Rokoz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
VTF springs are H&R adjustable lowering springs. Installing those will not take away from any of the DHP features.

Did you ever end up doing this?
      04-13-2023, 07:57 AM   #8
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokoz View Post
Did you ever end up doing this?
I did not. Ended lifting suspension and going larger all-terrain tires.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
Rokoz294.50