United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I have E-sys 3.27.1, E-sys Launcher Premium 2.5.3, and Psdzdata P58.0. However, I was using TokenMaster's NCD / CAFD Tool to quickly view the data and compare your two posted files. At the bottom of *.ncd's is a section called signatures.

Just as when werte values are changed to undefined values and drop-down's become UNKNOWN when loading files again, additional comma-separated menu items can appear (ie F010Wert_SA552_US,F010Wert_SA552_US..) if they have the same corresponding werte values.
Right, if you read config data back again after coding. it will show comma-separated items which should should have the same corresponding Werte values.

I just updated Psdzdata to v58.2 and Launcher Premium to 2.5.3. I re-run the E-sys and connect my car and grab the ECU two FLEs config data and I gladly found that "F015Wert" item appeared in all these functions mentioned in PDF. now I finished code 22+79 function values step by step and FDL coding finished and shortly I will drive it out for a test.

Thanks Guys.
      04-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #134
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic80 View Post
I went out and drove around to see how well the anti-dazzle feature works after opasha had coded mine. Wow is all I can say, it's definitely an improvement! I can see the LEDs moving around the road, turn off, change with oncoming traffic, etc. This is what makes LED headlights all worth it! Thank you Opasha for setting this up for me! And doing all that you do for us too!
I know this is an old thread, but I'm intrigued by all this coding stuff... I didn't realize you could customize the vehicle so much, pretty cool... You guys are coding for anti-dazzle? My X5 has that included in my auto high beam/full LED package, but it sounds like this coding makes it work differently, is that right?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 10:52 PM   #135
Neuera09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 Xline with MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleBriteX5 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm intrigued by all this coding stuff... I didn't realize you could customize the vehicle so much, pretty cool... You guys are coding for anti-dazzle? My X5 has that included in my auto high beam/full LED package, but it sounds like this coding makes it work differently, is that right?
The feature is built in however it is deactivated for us folks in the US because of our antiquated DOT laws. Check out the YouTube videos and you'll see how it works. It's amazing.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #136
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90325M View Post
I just updated Psdzdata to v58.2 and Launcher Premium to 2.5.3. I re-run the E-sys and connect my car and grab the ECU two FLEs config data and I gladly found that "F015Wert" item appeared in all these functions mentioned in PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
The feature is built in however it is deactivated for us folks in the US because of our antiquated DOT laws. Check out the YouTube videos and you'll see how it works. It's amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=F15+nghb
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 04:00 AM   #137
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssft View Post
Were you able to figure this one out? I've got the same situation on my MY16 post-June, with CAFD_000024C3_008_010_000.ncd.
Did you end up coding yours and testing them with or without the additional changes?

My test conditions in Los Angeles are awful...too much traffic and well lit streets/ highways. Much better on drive to and in Vegas. So, I have not had an opportunity to even know if they are working right.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:01 PM   #138
ssft
Rep
Drives: MY16 X5 50i

Quote:
Did you end up coding yours and testing them with or without the additional changes?

My test conditions in Los Angeles are awful...too much traffic and well lit streets/ highways. Much better on drive to and in Vegas. So, I have not had an opportunity to even know if they are working right.
I coded mine line for line based on the doc, didn't touch any additional settings. Still have not been able to test, as have not had an opportunity to go down any late night country roads, etc. City driving and I-5 are all too well lit.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #139
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

@PlayTookies, Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #140
YS1978
The Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

is it true that the adaptation doesnt work with fog lights on?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 07:55 AM   #141
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

for those who have LED Adaptive headlights and coded the EU/ROW functionality of Anti-Dazzle... have you noticed a change in the beam pattern? i am curious if i am in "tourist mode" or if the beam pattern is correct.

Beam pattern before coding looked like this:

______/-------______/-------

Beam pattern after coding looks like this:
________________/-------

If I put the vehicle in reverse it returns to the original beam pattern:

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:12 AM   #142
YS1978
The Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
for those who have LED Adaptive headlights and coded the EU/ROW functionality of Anti-Dazzle... have you noticed a change in the beam pattern? i am curious if i am in "tourist mode" or if the beam pattern is correct.

Beam pattern before coding looked like this:

Beam pattern after coding looks like this:
________________/-------

If I put the vehicle in reverse it returns to the original beam pattern:

mine is always

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 08:33 AM   #143
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

even after coding for anti-dazzle and in city driving (under 30mph)? if so then i believe mine is accidentally or inaccurately coded for RHD.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #144
MissVito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i, M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
Thanks, I didn't realize mine was disabled. This is disappointing since I was so impressed when I saw it on YouTube, that was the main reason I ordered it on my X5. I thought they weren't working as seen on the video. So, how do I enable it to function properly? Should I find somebody to do it? I'm in Tampa, FL. Does changing codes void the warranty and will BMW know when they read my remote?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #145
yvnrg1981
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by YS1978 View Post
is it true that the adaptation doesnt work with fog lights on?
Yes it's true. That was one of the missing pieces as to why it took awhile for the coding to properly work. Most people coded for auto fog lights on. Actually once coded and your lights are on, if you turn on fogs you can see the beam pattern readjusted with the fogs on.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #146
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkleBriteX5 View Post
Thanks, I didn't realize mine was disabled. This is disappointing since I was so impressed when I saw it on YouTube, that was the main reason I ordered it on my X5. I thought they weren't working as seen on the video. So, how do I enable it to function properly? Should I find somebody to do it? I'm in Tampa, FL. Does changing codes void the warranty and will BMW know when they read my remote?
It can be be enabled with coding as described in this forum. Easy enough to do with under $20 cable. Coding does not void warranty, but as a precaution some will wipe any coding done before taking in for service or trading in the vehicle; another reason to grab a cable and learn to do yourself.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 08:00 PM   #147
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

for those of you who have coded can you confirm that your standing still, city driving beam pattern is like the one below:

(i can post actual photos of beam pattern if it helps)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #148
atomic80
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 997TT

Quote:
for those of you who have coded can you confirm that your standing still, city driving beam pattern is like the one below:

(i can post actual photos of beam pattern if it helps)
I'll check tonight...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 01:44 AM   #149
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Like this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 02:16 AM   #150
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Just a heads up for you guys testing things out. If you've coded the handle bar LEDs on in reverse, the fog lights also turn on when you put your vehicle in reverse with this code enabled. @iconoclast, that's why your beam pattern changed in reverse if you've coded this. The fogs shut back off when the gear is changed from reverse to something else.

@yvnrg1981, for the f15, f16, f85, and f86 models, fog lights can't be coded on automatically. That was never the reason for the delay . skalberti and dmnc02 noted the fog light variable years ago. The delay was the specific fdl coding changes needed in the lhm (older models) and fle (newer models) folders that dmnc02, playtookies, and the other helpful members listed in the nghb v2 pdf tested to get working correctly.

Last edited by opasha; 05-02-2016 at 02:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #151
iconoclast
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Like this?
yep. i do not have the hump on the driver's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
@iconoclast, that's why your beam pattern changed in reverse if you've coded this. The fogs shut back off when the gear is changed from reverse to something else.
thought about that as well. i had someone else put the vehicle in reverse. the fog lights do not turn on but the projector aims to the center and additional lights come on.

i'll try to take video today/tonight and photos.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 04:15 AM   #152
MBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaod View Post
Do you have LED headlights? If yes, look at your build sheet or plug your VIN into any website that decodes your VIN. If it shows 5AP and 8S4, it has been disabled in the factory. Then you would have the lower 'A' button to turn on automatic headlights.

Assuming the above are all true, then you can code it following the instructions in this thread. And it would just work in place of your regular head beam assist ('A' button function).
Hi All

Newbie in need of help

My X6 50i purchased in Dubai last 7 digits of the VIN are 0G58171 the build does not show 5AP or 8S4, I have 552 Adaptive LED Headlights and 5AC Autom. High-beam Headlights Control. I have the lower A button on the signal stalk. Car is gulf spec which is 99% EU spec as far as I know.

Do I have the anti-dazzle and how do I activate it? Apologies for the stupid question but I tried everything to activate it and could not see anything close the videos posted on this thread.

Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #153
alphaod
Mmmmm…
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15

Garage List
If your order doesn't show 5AP or 8S4, you should already had it, so no work needed on your part.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 03:20 PM   #154
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
i'll try to take video today/tonight and photos.
Did you get any good shots?
Appreciate 0