BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
dn325ci
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 325Ci

3 Buttons Below The Sport/Comfort Rocker

I just had a question on those 3 buttons below that drive mode selector rocker.

1. The last one I think is Hill Descent Control, which I think is standard on all xDrives, right?

2. That first one is for the parking sensors I think - isn't that also standard on all X5's? If not, what option is that button tied to?

3. The middle one looks like a camera - is that tied to the rear view camera option, or only the Surround camera option?

I was confused because it looks like the online configurator is purposely covering up the buttons when you select some options. Maybe they don't have all the pictures of every config loaded.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

1. Yes, this is Standard
2. Parking Sensors or PCD is Standard on Canadian build
2. Camera button is tied to all cameras.

-When backing up, the iDrive automatically shows Top View, then when you press the button, it shows Rear View, shuts off once you switch to Drive and hit a certain speed

-In Park, pressing the button shows the Front Camera, which shuts off once you hit a certain speed (it does not stay On past certain speed)
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #3
NoPII
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM Label

Garage List
I think it's an error in the configurator. It wouldn't be the first

If you zoom in, it looks like the image that contains the three button variant is never actually overlaid on the main image, leaving a "black hole" where the entire button pack should be.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #4
dn325ci
Private First Class
Rep

If I understand correctly then, every US market xDrive would come with 2 of those 3 buttons - the Hill Descent and the Parking button. Is that correct? All US xDrives come with 2 of the 3?

Then the middle one that looks like a camera only comes with the Surround camera option? It does not come with the Rear camera option?

I'm asking because I only ordered the rear camera option, but I (perhaps vainly) don't like the look of blank plastic covers where a button clearly belongs.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
dn325ci
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn325ci View Post
If I understand correctly then, every US market xDrive would come with 2 of those 3 buttons - the Hill Descent and the Parking button. Is that correct? All US xDrives come with 2 of the 3?
OK - I did confirm this point by looking through the cars.com ads of minimally equipped xDrives. Always 2 of the 3 buttons.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
jbwitt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dn325ci View Post
I'm asking because I only ordered the rear camera option, but I (perhaps vainly) don't like the look of blank plastic covers where a button clearly belongs.
I have an xdrive with only the rear camera option. That button is unused as you suspect. It just looks like a missing button. In another post I stated that I wish I had bought the panoramic cams, but not because I dislike blank buttons. I recommend reconsidering that option.
Appreciate 0