06-25-2017, 09:17 PM   #1
dves
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Question about online caculator on BMW website

Hi guys

I am trying to calculate monthly payments for a car. When I go to BMW website to build price for leasing. I want to know that Cash down payment I should input an amount with taxes or without taxes here?

if check the last Checkbox ,is that influencing down payment ?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #2
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F15 MSport

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Checking the last box will increase your payment by the amount of sales tax divided by the number of months on the lease plus interest on that amount as well.

Generally on a lease you would want to put as little down as possible. You might wait until BMW is offering a special lease rate.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 09:38 PM   #3
dves
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJer View Post
Checking the last box will increase your payment by the amount of sales tax divided by the number of months on the lease.

Generally on a lease you would want to put as little down as possible. You might wait until BMW is offering a special lease rate.
Thanks for your answer. Can u tell me that down payment number there should input with taxes or without taxes? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
IndyJer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F15 MSport

Garage List
'16 F15 XLine  [0.00]
'17 F15 MSport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dves View Post
Thanks for your answer. Can u tell me that down payment number there should input with taxes or without taxes? Thanks
That table of numbers looks complicated, but here is what it all boils down to...

Purchase Price + Any additional fees (taxes, destination charge, etc) - Risidual Value = amount financed

Your down payment will then reduce the amount financed. The less you finance, the lower your monthly payment. If you want to finance taxes you can, it will just increase the amount financed and thus your monthly payment.

For the purposes of the calculator, put all the extra costs in and then enter your down payment amount. If it were me, I would put at least enough down to cover taxes, but probably not much more than that. Of course, your down payment should be whatever you are comfortable with.
Appreciate 0